Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 14 - Happy Wander Day

Eephus

3 hours ago, RnR said:

I've gone from chasing coeds and dominating this league to chasing children and getting dominated in this league. The circle of life or something... 

Did I really win back to back titles also?  I think I just threepeated last place.

1 hour ago, Eephus said:

I'm kind of surprised that only Kraft and I went with prospects for the three additional roster slots. 

ETA:  By my count, 25 players ended up getting picked from Team Hoos.

There is one I left for my waivers...

How many can I have?  I want a lineup this year!

1 hour ago, Eephus said:

I'm kind of surprised that only Kraft and I went with prospects for the three additional roster slots. 

ETA:  By my count, 25 players ended up getting picked from Team Hoos.

Hoos had a lot of good players.  For the team in the second division there aren't going to be many opportunities to land a Jose Bautista type bat so I went three vets.  Since I have 37 players under 30 years old, I think that was fine.  Plus Hoos didn't have any prospects except Bellinger, that contributed to it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

Nope.  I'm a squelcher or whatever.  I can pay both now.  Where is it going?

No one wants to hear about your squirting.

On 5/12/2016 at 2:07 PM, Spartans Rule said:

Yep, you and Pik. PayPal addy is bensanders at gmail.

• Like 1

I went through all my add/drops from last year.  I didn't let any big prospects get away but probably should have hung onto Granderson, I just dropped him cause he was old (sorry Eephus, I know that brings back bad memories).

Brandon Drury must have been added/dropped like 30 times last year.  I traded four guys I got off the wire though, getting teenagers who can't drive in return in one instance. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 11:15 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

I was just prompted to pay for the league, $160.

Fantrax here we come!!!!!

I just received confirmation from my friend at CBS that he ran some preseason diagnostics on the Serious Business Dynasty League and for we should be "bug free" again for 2017. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, greedygoat said:

I just received confirmation from my friend at CBS that he ran some preseason diagnostics on the Serious Business Dynasty League and for we should be "bug free" again for 2017. 

Need to buy that guy a beer or three.  :banned:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 3:54 PM, PIK95 said:

pik gives Hell Toupee Kilome-Alex Jackson-P.Tucker-Whitley-Nottingham-Craig Kimbrel for the bad Seager-post hype Bundy-J Guerra-and Strasburg

Not sure how any of those are bad.  Obviously we value guys different but all three are right there imo.

:lmao:

Jackson , Whitley & Nottingham waived 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kraft... said:

Got three of the five guys I wanted, had some real crap on my bench. Hope springs eternal with this plethora of prospects, would be happy if half of them pan out :popcorn: 

If I was taking a young pitching prospect that Braves Lefty was #1 on my list.  Nice grab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rodg12 said:

Nice to see CBS has upgraded things and now lists whether a guy is in the line-up both on the site and in the app. :thumbup: 

:goodposting: even says where they are hitting in the batting order(Yahoo added this too), like it

• Like 1

I think the move to 12 teams and the expanded rosters has killed the trade market.  This dynasty league has a whole lot of good things, including the low entry fee but I think ideally you want 14 teams in this format.  Did we originally have 14? 

I wish I would have stayed in but 2008/2009 was a tough couple years for me with moving, new job, lots of #### going on. 

Also regretting dropping players is part of the league.  Last year I had James Paxton and dropped him for Danny Duffy.  Duffy is great, but I wish I would have dropped some other shlep like Alex Cobb and kept Paxton. 

Also thanks to @Kraft... who is keeping me out of last place in most hitter categories!!!

Edited by Doctor Detroit
  • Like 1

• Eephus changed the title to Serious Biz Dynasty Year 14 - Happy Wander Day