What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Pik's Candelario parley was actually some pretty astute flipping.  He basically traded Derek Fisher for Adames.  I like Fisher's upside but Adames is definitely a better real-life prospect with a higher long-term floor.

I'm pretty sure the two worst trades I've ever made in any fantasy league in any sport are in this league involving Blue Jays :(
I have tried to acquire Mookie Betts a few times over the years just to give me a reason to watch the Sox.  The price is always obscene.  I actually took Benintendi before the Sox drafted him, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I acquired him from you with the intention of playing the homer card.  It matters usually.
That was pretty dumb of you then. I have one tiger on my whole roster, traded Fulmer last year, and have never traded with you before because your offers are so terrible. 

Adames’ ceiling is just ok, and I needed a 3Bman. Had nothing to do with the Tigers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty dumb of you then. I have one tiger in my whole roster, traded Fulmer last year, and have never traded with you before because your offers are so terrible. 

Adames’ ceiling is just ok, and I needed a 3Bman. Had nothing to do with the Tigers. 
I never claimed to be smart.

Ok, I'm gonna go wicked conservative here, and take a guy that will help me now. He has good signability, decent upside, and most importantly he plugs in to my lineup now.  Far from the best value in this draft, but...

PIK95 selects 1.1 Matt Chapman 3B A's

Sorry Helz Tupee
Not a big fan 

thanks  :thumbup:

That was pretty dumb of you then. I have one tiger on my whole roster, traded Fulmer last year, and have never traded with you before because your offers are so terrible. 

You got pants on the Adames deal, just saying

That was pretty dumb of you then. I have one tiger in my whole roster, traded Fulmer last year, and have never traded with you before because your offers are so terrible. 

I like your Tiger better than Fisher fwiw.

:lmao:

I had Chapman in 2 offers as a sweetener and couldn’t get him off my roster.
Serious question.  Why would you want to?  He's 25 y/o gold glover.  That should give him a ten year career with his power.  He's a middle of the lineup hitter too.  I love the upside.

Serious question.  Why would you want to?  He's 25 y/o gold glover.  That should give him a ten year career with his power.  He's a middle of the lineup hitter too.  I love the upside.
With the power way up in MLB he’s just a JAG. He’s useful as a bench fill in but I don’t thing there is huge upside. Nice glove

I had Chapman twice as a prospect and cut him both times. The power is nice but the K rate will always keep the OBP a little bit painful. I've got too many guys like that already, including two 3B unprotected for this draft.

1.04 Miguel Andujar, 3B NYY Free Agent

There are prospects out there I like better but opportunity should be there for this kid :popcorn:  
He was our guy, until the following text exchange

AoD: I’m leaning a little towards Andujar with this pick. I think there is at least a small chance Baez might make it back to us. Probably not likely but I think Andujar is a slam dunk to get picked. OTOH, the shtick of having two HT players taken with the first two picks almost makes it worth it to pick Baez by itself

Moops: shtick is good. u make the call though. I am in the middle of some work bull####

AoD: Me too, lol

Moops: go with the shtick.

AoD: Cool, sounds good

AoD: I’m leaning a little towards Andujar with this pick. I think there is at least a small chance Baez might make it back to us. Probably not likely but I think Andujar is a slam dunk to get picked. OTOH, the shtick of having two HT players taken with the first two picks almost makes it worth it to pick Baez by itself

Moops: shtick is good. u make the call though. I am in the middle of some work bull####

It was worth it  :lmao:

:hot:

1.04 Miguel Andujar, 3B NYY Free Agent

There are prospects out there I like better but opportunity should be there for this kid :popcorn:  
Was hoping he somehow made it to me, but knew it wasn't likely.  Especially with Frazier signing yesterday.

Interesting because he and Candelario are essentially in the same spot, and I like Candelario better.  :shrug:

Wasn't on my radar though so I guess I might be selling him short.  His MiLB returns are underwhelming though. 

This is fun because everyone has such different lists. 
Yeah none of my top six are gone, but I have no issues with the first four picks.  Everyone's team is a little different, the best player available for one team might not even be a consideration for another.  Same thing happened last year in the disperse draft. 

This is fun because everyone has such different lists. 
Actually, everyone that went was in my top six so far.  Morrow was my #2 pitcher after Baez.

My list was..

Chapman
Andujar
Baez
Undrafted Guy
Morrow
Undrafted Guy

Was anyone else looking at Baez in the first round?  HTP would have taken him back I assume?

Users who are viewing this thread