What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

Kraft... said:
Fourteen picks, 8 poached, 6 Free Agents. Seven of the poached from top four teams, so the competitive balance thing seems to be working :shrug:  
But only 1 from the top 2 teams  :angry:

This is kinda fun though. I have some interesting decisions to make for my next pick.

And I'm super stoked Keibert Ruiz didn't get poached. He'll be the best catcher in baseball for all of the 2020s. You guys just missed your chance.

He's terrible. 276 OBP last year. #### that guy
I gave up on him in Uber last year as well after holding him for like 3 years. I think if you've had him in any league the past couple years, you probably don't want anything to do with him but he does still have upside, though the OBP will likely always be awful.

I gave up on him in Uber last year as well after holding him for like 3 years. I think if you've had him in any league the past couple years, you probably don't want anything to do with him but he does still have upside, though the OBP will likely always be awful.
I wasn't picking him, just surprised he lasted.

2.6 3B Maikel Franco/Rodg12/parties until 6am for 10am showtimes just like I do :thumbup:  

Make or break year for a guy that was probably considered a top 5 dynasty 3Bman two years ago.  Worth a wait and hold, and I need CIFers so what the hell.  :shrug:

He's terrible. 276 OBP last year. #### that guy
I was deciding between he and Mondesi to protect.  Anderson was at one time a guy that looked like he might steal 50 bases, but that seems a thing of the past even at 22.  His hard hit rate and his glove will mean he'll contribute in the counting stats and he looks like a 20/20 guy, but he just has no interest at all in walking.  I think he had a streak last year where he went 115 consecutive plate appearances without a walk, oof.  Mondesi is probably the same player only Mondesi will be a steal machine if he can start hitting more consistently. 

Figured I'd lose Anderson but I'm not really sad about it. 

2.9 Eddie Rosario, OF, Twins from @PIK95

Losing Fowler changed my plans a bit.
I grabbed him off waivers in the second half last year so I wasn't too attached.  It came down to Blake Snell or him as my last vet.  I am surprised he didn't go early.  He's 26 I believe.  I may habe grabbed him back with my second pick if that future stud wasn't sitting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.9 Eddie Rosario, OF, Twins from @PIK95

Losing Fowler changed my plans a bit.
This draft was full of vet OFers of varying degrees of good.  I have so many just arrived OFers (Margot, Pham, Zimmer, Buxton, etc) I just didn't have a need. 

Rosario was a key piece in me winning cake last year. 

I grabbed him off waivers in the second half last year so I wasn't too attached.  It came down to Blake Snell or him as my last vet.  I am surprised he didn't go early.  He's 26 I believe.
You made the right choice keeping Snell I think. I would've taken him first round if he was available.

2.6 3B Maikel Franco/Rodg12/parties until 6am for 10am showtimes just like I do :thumbup:  

Make or break year for a guy that was probably considered a top 5 dynasty 3Bman two years ago.  Worth a wait and hold, and I need CIFers so what the hell.  :shrug:
He was my biggest keeper decision.  Had him on my list until just last week.  Ultimately left him unprotected because I also had Devers and Turner.

Well after Anderson was taken I was a little worried about someone grabbing Semien so I guess that's ok.  I thought Anderson and Taveras would be selected for sure, I thought someone might take Jackie Bradley Jr so I guess that's good because I wanted to keep him.  Lots of zygotes to speculate on on the wire, I'll find replacements for the prospects. 

I wanted to apologize for quitting this league some time ago.  I was moving from Germany to Texas, new job, too much stuff going on. 

Looking back it was a dumb move, lame excuse.  It's a $50 league!  That's awesome and you can take a year off and coast and still be fine.  I know that now, my bad. 

I took a partner, then another, and then let that partner run the show.  In this format, you want to control your own destiny.  Partners work to the degree that they continue on and take the reigns, but I don't think I set it up as well as I should have. 

No reason we can't be drafting when Eephus turns 100 (in 9 years) for $50, to compete and get terrible trade offers from Pik.  It's what we do, it's who we are, because we baseball and baseball is so good. 

3.1 Yordan Alvarez 1B Astros

(Free Agent)

Another guy I considered at 1.1 initially.  I wanted others here, but he's just too big of a chip at this point.

No reason we can't be drafting when Eephus turns 100 (in 9 years) for $50, to compete and get terrible trade offers from Pik.  It's what we do, it's who we are, because we baseball and baseball is so good. 
:thumbup:

I know I'm in it for the long haul. I need to take one or two more shots at a title while Kershaw is still awesome, but after that I'm actually kinda looking forward to blowing it all up and trying to rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread