What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (7 Viewers)

Just combed over my Roster to see how I acquired players. 
19 via draft(dispersal/waiver/competitive balance) 
12 via Free Agents 
9 via Trades
I've got:

14 via trade
21 via free agency
5 via various drafts

My strategy of harvesting zygotes and then selling them for veterans has worked fairly well, but I'm trying to get away from it. If I had kept some of the guys I sold off I'd have an amazing team now, but these lessons take years to learn in dynasty. And with a team full of 30 year olds it makes sense to keep buying while I still have a window to contend.

Cheese said, #### it. I’m just gonna roster the entire Giants bullpen. Lol 
It’s partially that I think it’s a good strategy and partially that I think the last few spots are next to useless to me for other purposes. Oh, and saves are valued highly when I try to trade for them. 

The trade value of SVs seems to vary widely by time.  The top guys like Kimbrel and Jansen retain value but guys who are more role over skills only generate trade interest when there are a few teams fighting over SV points mid-season.

What did I get for Kimbrel last year?
8/1/17 2:22 PM ETSpartans Rule

Yasiel Puig RF | LAD - Traded from pik95
Alex Claudio RP | TEX - Traded from pik95
Craig Kimbrel RP | BOS - Traded from pik95

8/1/17 2:22 PM ETpik95

Alex Verdugo CF | LAD - Traded from Spartans Rule
Blake Snell SP | TB - Traded from Spartans Rule
Derek Fisher CF | HOU - Traded from Spartans Rule
Archie Bradley SP | ARI - Traded from Spartans Rule

:shrug:

I remember thinking at the time that Fisher was the most valuable player I was giving up in that deal. He had just gotten called up and was on a tear. That did not last.

If you really want Acuna you'll send an offer that justifies it.  So far it's you coming out on top, and you thinking Kyle Hendricks is some sort of game changer.  He's not even as good as McCullers!!!!! :lmao:
You said McCullers was a half and you LOVED Eloy.

Last edited by a moderator:
One great thing (besides WHIP, Wins, and ERA) about Hendricks is he gets to face the other #4 starters around the league for a while.  He's gonna be a candidate this year.

There was a problem with CBS processing drops because I allegedly didn't click the right off-season button sequence.  Sue me.

They were still recorded in transactions so I handled them as manual drops.  Some teams are getting an illegal roster warning for too many reserves but I think that's in error.

Check your rosters and let me know if you're missing anybody.  I don't think anybody is really over 40 but if you are, please drop a player.

I was able to fix the roster warning issue myself.  Some teams had null players on their rosters for some reason so I manually dropped them.

I think rosters are correct now and opening day scoring worked OK.  It's probably still a good idea to check your rosters and recent transactions to make sure I didn't screw up.

PIK95 said:
Did we get rid of the D.L spot?
Yeah. Everyone usually has someone on there so it’s basically just a free roster spot.

I support having an injury crisis DL spot that you can only use when you have say 5+ injuries, but I don’t think that’s possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got rid of the DL slot years ago and just made it an extra bench slot.  As the league got more prospect heavy, it didn't make sense to have a roster slot that could be used to stash injured big leaguers and not injured minor leaguers.

I believe it was 36 (+1 DL), then 37 and now 40 post-Hoos.  I think that's plenty but we can discuss year 12 rules now that the season is underway.

Since next year's pre-season transactions will be our first shot at 2018 amateur draftees, we can either add a round or two to the competitive balance draft or have a separate draft for first year players.

Users who are viewing this thread