What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (3 Viewers)

I have an excess of CIFers. Adams, Villanueva, Franco, Candelario, and Suarez. Someone with excess at MIF would be ideal. Pm me if that’s the case and I can send offer. 

I had Paxton two years ago and dropped him for Danny Duffy. Tough to let a 5 cat guy like Pham go but my OF when healthy, is the strength of my team. Have to try something to get my pitching going. 

Just realized that my 3 best players so far this season were all left unprotected in the competitive balance draft. I took Eddie Rosario and left Scooter Gennett and Patrick Corbin out there. Corbin probably wasn’t on anyone’s radar but I thought someone might grab Scooter.

Should be even more interesting next season with the recent draftees thrown in. :popcorn:

Spartans Rule said:
Just realized that my 3 best players so far this season were all left unprotected in the competitive balance draft. I took Eddie Rosario and left Scooter Gennett and Patrick Corbin out there. Corbin probably wasn’t on anyone’s radar but I thought someone might grab Scooter.

Should be even more interesting next season with the recent draftees thrown in. :popcorn:
Meanwhile the 3 players I drafted are either suspended or terrible. 

Spartans Rule said:

My saves specs in the competitive balance draft were abysmal.  :bag:

Corbin was on my radar, should have been my pick.

Wacha's been a solid acquisition for me.  I expect Kevin Maitan to tear up short season ball starting next week :rolleyes:

Losing Kyle Wright doesn't look like a big problem right now.  The Braves jumped him to AA where he's been poor.

Halfway through the season and I’m in third. Don’t have enough pitching to challenge for the title, but I’m pleased with this team’s progress. :thumbup:  

I would like to add Rays SS prospect Wander Franco. He is not in the CBS database, but should be eligible since he signed in 2017. @Eephus can correct me if I am wrong.

I'll drop Leody Taveras to make room.

I would like to add Rays SS prospect Wander Franco. He is not in the CBS database, but should be eligible since he signed in 2017. @Eephus can correct me if I am wrong.

I'll drop Leody Taveras to make room.
He's a July 2017 signing so he's eligible.  I'll make the change tonight.

Who knew there were three guys all named Wander Franco in the low minors.  And two of them are in the Giants organization.

I'm not in last for the first time in like three years.  I have some speed I could move for a top prospect. 

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

I've added one of @Doctor Detroit real life friends as a co-owner of the Arsenal of Moops team.  Both current owners are OK with the move.  I don't think the new guy is on this board.

The hope is that the new guy will be able to take an active role for the remainder of the year 11 season in advance of taking over the team in 2019.

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

I've added one of @Doctor Detroit real life friends as a co-owner of the Arsenal of Moops team.  Both current owners are OK with the move.  I don't think the new guy is on this board.

The hope is that the new guy will be able to take an active role for the remainder of the year 11 season in advance of taking over the team in 2019.
I'll send him a link to the board.  I think he plans on making some moves after the Sept 1 callups.  :coffee:

OWNERSHIP CHANGE:

If anyone wants to take over my team it can be available. Not sure what the payouts are, but I'm close to being in the money. If I do win anything for 3rd or 4th, it can be kept in the pot to put towards the replacement owners entrance fee. Thanks for a good year but I just didn't enjoy the league as much as I was hoping. Good luck to everyone in the future!

I’ve made my pitch to Shady to stay. He’s done a great job, has a good team, and is active. I think he feels he’s neglecting his team because of time, but I think we’re all in the same boat. 

I try to stay locked in but I missed Soroka being dropped, and probably a lot more. In my daily redraft leagues I try to pay attention but I will admit I put this team on cruise control at times. Not because I don’t care, but because in this league there is always next year. 

Best $50 league in fantasy sports history imo. I left too, but I left leaving a partner. I left because I had a new job, was moving across the world, and thought I could just forget. I was wrong, I should have stayed in some capacity and I apologize for that. 

Stay @shady inc :bow:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve made my pitch to Shady to stay. He’s done a great job, has a good team, and is active. I think he feels he’s neglecting his team because of time, but I think we’re all in the same boat. 

I try to stay locked in but I missed Soroka being dropped, and probably a lot more. In my daily redraft leagues I try to pay attention but I will admit I put this team on cruise control at times. Not because I don’t care, but because in this league there is always next year. 

Best $50 league in fantasy sports history imo. I left too, but I left leaving a partner. I left because I had a new job, was moving across the world, and thought I could just forget. I was wrong, I should have stayed in some capacity and I apologize for that. 

Stay @shady inc :bow:  
Definitely in the same boat. There’s a small part of me that roots against my own team at the start of every year, just because it’s nice to be able to put it on cruise for a while and not stress over the daily lineups.

There are times when it feels like a lot and I’ve wanted to quit but I know I would miss this league way too much. I really want to win a title for Kershaw and Upton since they’ve been studs for me for 9 years - even though they’re millionaires who have no idea who I am. It’s silly, but that’s a level of emotional investment I feel with this league that’s unlike any other I’ve played.

Interesting to see where I've gotten the players on my current roster:

Traded for:

C Gary Sanchez VIA Trade for Sal Perez and Doolittle

1B Eric Hosmer VIA trade for Cody Allen and Blake Snell.  Snell was then dealt five more times I think but I was first to roster him. 

OF Mookie Betts with Giolito (since dropped) VIA TRADE for Cutch and Belt

2B Javy Baez and SP Jameson Taillon VIA trade for Todd Frazier and Luke Gregerson

3B Eugenio Suarez VIA trade for RP Justin Wilson

OF Manny Margot with Dan Vogelbach (since dropped) for Jose Bautista

OF Yoenis Cespedes with Wong (since dropped) for SP Michael Fulmer and Dee Gordon

3B Jeimer Candalario VIA trade for Wily Adames

SP James Paxton for OF Tommy Pham

Also made a terrible trade where I gave up Lo Cain for ####

Acquired via drafts:

2B Brian Dozier VIA 2017 dispersal draft

OF Byron Buxton 1st Round pick in 2015 dispersal draft

SS Aldalberto Mondesi 14th Round of original 2015 dispersal draft

SS Marcus Semien 20th Round of original 2015 dispersal draft

OF Nick Castellanos 10th round of 2015 dispersal draft

SP Andrew Heaney 16th round of 2015 draft

3B Michael Chavis 2018 draft

All others via FA

My best FA pickups are Acuna, Soto, McCullers, Ray, and Brendan Rodgers,

Going through this I just noticed a traded between the top two teams this year:

5/4/18 2:29 PM ETHellToupeeSalvador Perez C | KC - Traded from How I Could Just Kela Man5/4/18

5/4/18 2:29 PM ETHow I Could Just Kela ManMatt Carpenter 1B | STL - Traded from HellToupee5/4/18
"ouch"

Users who are viewing this thread