What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

I'm headed to chic hates yays to get a sammi.  Greedy is imbibing.  Don't get stressed if you can't fund us.  We will be back.

and while there's a break in the action...

We have one spot open in Pie Leeg if anyone is interested in jumping on board. All the info is in the thread in this forum. TIA

I have an open team in the keeper auction NewZA as well if you’re interested. Live auction on Yahoo. Eephus was kind enough to take it over on an interim basis last year after SCBF’s passing.

Funny that I have been refreshing all night to see if anyone picked.  I just finally looked to see who was up.  Doh!  I thought Spartans was just trolling us when he tagged us with Givens.  When Greedy rolls out we will pick. It should be by 11am ET at the latest.

With that pick everyone has had at least one player stolen :golfclaf: 
I have no idea if the minidraft has any significant impact on competitive balance in the league but it does add a bit to team-building strategy and drafting in general is fun.

I have no idea if the minidraft has any significant impact on competitive balance in the league but it does add a bit to team-building strategy and drafting in general is fun.
I think adding the MLB Draft class from the previous summer was a nice touch. Both for competitive balance and strategy reasons.

The biggest competitive balance impact is probably giving the worst teams a crack at some elite prospects. Top teams don't suffer too much, although it does make it harder for them to hold prospects.

It probably hurts the deepest team the most which is usually me, but I don't think that impact is significant, and both the draft and the effect on strategy make the league more fun IMO.

The biggest competitive balance impact is probably giving the worst teams a crack at some elite prospects. Top teams don't suffer too much, although it does make it harder for them to hold prospects.

It probably hurts the deepest team the most which is usually me, but I don't think that impact is significant, and both the draft and the effect on strategy make the league more fun IMO.
I would argue the opposite on the first sentence.  I lost some serious prospects in these drafts as a celler dwelling prospect hoarder.  This year we turned the tables on that finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think adding the MLB Draft class from the previous summer was a nice touch. Both for competitive balance and strategy reasons.
It evens out the first year talent which is good.  It also prevents people from stocking up after reading a amateur draft preview article and I deny any allegations that I have ever done that.

• Laughing
Reactions: RnR
Closing out FDAS, we'll see if his second half was for real, the 1B/OF flexibility will be nice to have too since I can't seem to figure out 1B  :shrug:

4.07 Mark Canha 1B,OF OAK

@Eephus

The Competitive Balance draft will start next Wednesday Feb 5th.  Draft order (non-snake)

1. UM Jake
  2. RnR
  3. Rodg12
  4. Spartans Rule
  5. pik/goat
  6. NV
  7. Kraft
  8. Eephus
  9. Shady Inc
  10. Dr. Detroit
  11. HellToupee
  12. Cheese
We still need a protected list from @HellToupee

The draft sheet is here.  I'm going to keep it locked for editing until the lists are finalized because It's a pain getting info from CBS to Google.  If you have any last minute changes to who you want to protect, please continue posting them here.
Bump.

PIK95 said:
The Competitive Balance draft will start next Wednesday Feb 5th.  Draft order (non-snake)

1. UM Jake
  2. RnR
  3. Rodg12
  4. Spartans Rule
  5. pik/goat
  6. NV
  7. Kraft
  8. Eephus
  9. Shady Inc
  10. Dr. Detroit
  11. HellToupee
  12. Cheese
We still need a protected list from @HellToupee

The draft sheet is here.  I'm going to keep it locked for editing until the lists are finalized because It's a pain getting info from CBS to Google.  If you have any last minute changes to who you want to protect, please continue posting them here.
Bump.
Are we starting over?  Did someone fail a physical?

Minidraft transactions have been made on CBS.  Thanks to all for keeping the sheet up to date.  Please doublecheck your rosters.

The next phase is to drop players to get back to the 40 player limit.  RnR, Rodg12 and Cheese need to drop three, Northern Voice drops two and everyone else one.

Once everyone is at 40, I'll unlock the site and we'll have a waivers run a couple of days later.  After that, it's FCFS til the cows come home.

16 first year players taken, 3 less than last year.

29 players poached from other teams, 8 more than last year.

Users who are viewing this thread