What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (3 Viewers)

I like my Outfield:

castellanos (original team member)

acuna (found on fcfs)

soto (found in fcfs)

betts (traded belt and cutch to get many moons ago)

👍🏽

This is my year, or one or more of those guys will be available this off-season. Five year plan now in year six, time to shine. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my Outfield:

castellanos (original team member)

acuna (found on fcfs)

soto (found in fcfs)

betts (traded belt and cutch to get many moons ago)

👍🏽

This is my year, or one or more of those guys will be available this off-season. Five year plan now in year six, time to shine. 
God do we need a power bat.

Hoping for a Patrick Corbin revival does not look like the answer to my pitching problems. :sadbanana:
I was thinking about you after I saw the stat line. Brad Keller did the same to me week one.

Difference is it happened to you starting what people would call a top 40 starter. I did it starting a guy I regularly pick up and drop to stream. 

mccullers sucked the other day and that’s fine, mccullers is a SP 4/5 for me, it happens. But I’m out of the Keller business, those kinds of starts scare me away from players. 

Being in a couple leagues with him now, my goal in life is to be as good at anything as @rodg12 is at turning a collection of absolute bums/dregs/rejects into a winning fantasy baseball team.

I mean come on, Cedric Mullins, Cesar Valdez and Lou Trivino are out there just owning people.
His roster is Fernando Tatis, dead George Spinger and 37 guys who were in the middle of the roster trends most dropped page last year.

I know better than to be shocked or heartbroken by a Buxton injury at this point, but man... those rare moments when he's actually healthy are silly fun.

This league has one great team (cheese), six really good teams, and then those last three. Hard to gage a probable outcome with that big cluster, could be a busy trade season. :coffee:  

I was really hoping to get Trammell back there. :sadbanana:

I have 6 better outfielders which is why I left him unprotected in the first place, but he was on my roster for 3+ years so the sentimental value is high.

He's probably better off in a small market like Zihuatanejo anyway. Can't wait to see how the Trammell--Baddoo battle plays out over time. Although, I'm not totally convinced that they are different people.  

Pitchers starting to get healthy now + and IL starting to pile up on the hitting side  :kicksrock:  

I put in a claim for Trammell as well FYI

Closer mismanagement is killing me this year, dropped RichRod and Yimi before the season but held on to Montero. With better decisions I'd be near the top in saves instead of the bottom, my ratios would suck less, and I might only be a move or two away from serious contention.

Maybe for the best though, still only year 3 of the 4-year plan. Next season it's on.

Closer mismanagement is killing me this year, dropped RichRod and Yimi before the season but held on to Montero. With better decisions I'd be near the top in saves instead of the bottom, my ratios would suck less, and I might only be a move or two away from serious contention.

Maybe for the best though, still only year 3 of the 4-year plan. Next season it's on.
We left hella steals on the bench this year, and a bunch of great starts.  Of course we caught the bad ones.  With Lindor sucking, some injuries, and missing on closers, I'm ok with where we are.

Just say Nola! :excited:

Nice debut for my team, plus Paddack showed signs of life. I might actually have something resembling a competent starting rotation now.

I put in a claim for John Means. Worst drop off this year. Congrats. 
Please , its at best the 3rd worst move I made this season. 
1- omitting JD from my protected list. This is what happens when you wait until the last minute and half ### it.

2- taking Taillon over Tainan Walker in the draft. Pitching for the yanks over the Mets was the tiebreaker 

I'm willing to trade almost anyone from my roster (The Relentless) for youth/prospects.

NO OFFER TOO INSULTING!   I'll consider anything.

Chris Taylor available if anyone wants a top-20 hitter and 5-category contributor who plays multiple positions. I’m mostly a believer but this is probably his career year and he could help a contender more than me.

All my other important players are under 30 so I’m looking forward to the next few years. Will be buying this offseason.

Standings as of 8/3/21 for posterity

98    ---    My Betts on Acuna an...
91    ---    HellToupee
84    ---    Kraft
82    ---    Cheese
82    ---    No Dynasty for Old M...
80    ---    Rodg12
69    ---    It's a Wanderful Lif...
69    ---    The Relentless
54    ---    pik95
34    ---    Ynoa I'm Finishing L...
20    ---    Zihuatanejo Pescador...
17    ---    RnR

Standings as of 8/3/21 for posterity

98    ---    My Betts on Acuna an...
91    ---    HellToupee
84    ---    Kraft
82    ---    Cheese
82    ---    No Dynasty for Old M...
80    ---    Rodg12
69    ---    It's a Wanderful Lif...
69    ---    The Relentless
54    ---    pik95
34    ---    Ynoa I'm Finishing L...
20    ---    Zihuatanejo Pescador...
17    ---    RnR
There is no way I can hold off the Cheese. 

Jake's a good pitcher name. I rostered Jake Peavy, Jake Arrieta and Jake Odorizzi early on in this league, though not sure if I ever had all three at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants a maybe closer and two prospects for a top 30 starting pitcher still in his 20s and a top three closer let me know. 

baty, Meyer, and gray all available, plus any closer you want!!!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread