What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (8 Viewers)

Just looked at my roster for the first time in three months. Why/when/how did I end up with Billy Butler?
He got poached from me in the dispersal draft last year. Not sure what happened to him after that. Mark Trumbo did a good job replacing his non-production on my team.

Justin Upton was my first-ever pick in this league and I've stuck with him for 6 years and turned down a lot of offers. Pretty cool that I'll now to get to cheer for him as a Tiger as well.

Justin Upton was my first-ever pick in this league and I've stuck with him for 6 years and turned down a lot of offers. Pretty cool that I'll now to get to cheer for him as a Tiger as well.
This post got me thinking about exactly how many players I've carried on my roster for the entirety of the league.

Here are guys that I'm pretty sure I drafted in the original draft:

C- Matt Wieters

1B- Albert Pujols

1B- Mark Teixeira

1B- Kendrys Morales

OF- Andre Ethier

OF- Jayson Werth

SP- Johnny Cueto

This post got me thinking about exactly how many players I've carried on my roster for the entirety of the league.

C- Matt Wieters

1B- Albert Pujols

1B- Mark Teixeira

1B- Kendrys Morales

OF- Andre Ethier

OF- Jayson Werth

SP- Johnny Cueto
Werth bounced around a bit. I remember having him on my roster briefly.

I dropped a bunch of original draftees last year and am now down to just Heyward and Cain. Heyward was still in High School when I picked him.

C- Matt Wieters

1B- Albert Pujols

1B- Mark Teixeira

1B- Kendrys Morales

OF- Andre Ethier

OF- Jayson Werth

SP- Johnny Cueto
Werth bounced around a bit. I remember having him on my roster briefly.

I dropped a bunch of original draftees last year and am now down to just Heyward and Cain. Heyward was still in High School when I picked him.
Hmm. I guess I didn't draft him. He was the one I was a little unsure about; I know I've had him for a very long time. I have been looking on the CBS site for the original draft, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

I remember you drafting Heyward. That should give some hope to PIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to find the full 3rd-year dispersal draft thread HERE if anyone else is interested.

I have 6 of my original draftees:

Justin Upton

Clayton Kershaw

Cole Hamels

Jhonny Peralta

Ian Desmond

Tyler Clippard

The first 5 I've had the whole time. Clippard I've dropped and picked back up at least once, and he may be about to get dropped again depending where he lands.

It looks like Werth went undrafted originally. I picked him up on April 13, 2008 replacing the legendary Kazuo Fukumori (career ERA of 20.25 in 4 IP).

I churned Werth a couple of times in the following six weeks: dropping him for Brandon Boggs, adding him again one week later replacing Justin Miller and finally dropping him another week later for the corpse of Ray Durham. Werth continued to bounce around the league. He was involved in transactions with Felipe Lopez, Eddie Guardado, Jerry Hairston and whoever Garth Iorg was a placeholder for.

You added him during the 08-09 offseason just in time for his breakout.

In.....my pitching staff is EPIC! Yu is on the trade block if he's over 26.

C- Matt Wieters

1B- Albert Pujols

1B- Mark Teixeira

1B- Kendrys Morales

OF- Andre Ethier

OF- Jayson Werth

SP- Johnny Cueto
I have none left. Ellsbury was one of my last originals, and I got made fun of when I grabbed him late. Ditto for Longoria, Tulo, and Fielder (my first pick) who were originals that I moved last year I believe. That original draft won me two titles and Finless made fun of my picks all the way through. I think Greco was a big help through the text that draft helping me get my picks in while I was selling stamps to the public's. I can't believe it's been like seven years since I left the P.O.

Rostered players not in CBS databaseVladimir Guerrero Jr. (Dominican Rep) NV

Jose Miguel Fernandez (Cuba) Dr D/Chem X

Pablo Millan Fernandez (Dodgers) Pik95

Yadier Alvarez (Cuba) Pik95

Norge Luis Ruiz (Cuba) DrD/ChemX

Chris Shaw (NCAA) Pik95

Eddy Julio Martinez (Cuba) HellToupee

Jacob Nottingham (Oakland) Pik95

Kenta Maeda (NPB) Eephus
Is this current?

Is this current?
Rostered players not in CBS database

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Dominican Rep) NV

Jose Miguel Fernandez (Cuba) Dr D/Chem X

Pablo Millan Fernandez (Dodgers) Pik95

Yadier Alvarez (Cuba) Pik95

Chris Shaw (San Francisco) Pik95

Eddy Julio Martinez (Cuba) HellToupee

Jacob Nottingham (Oakland) Pik95

Kenta Maeda (Japan) Eephus

Victor Robles (Washington) Hoos

Anderson Espinoza (Boston) Eephus

Kevin Maitan (Venezuela) SpartansRule

Park Byung-Ho (Korea) HoosFirst

Some of these guys are in the system now but this player list is correct

Berserker is out.

OP updated

2016 Edition

9th year, 2nd board, 3rd thread

13 teams, 37 man rosters, deep league with wide open pickups (amateurs, Cubans, minor leaguers, whoever)

RIP former league members Finless and Tremendous Upside

Link to old thread

Next steps:

Find replacement owner for Berserker

See if Greedygoat's friend still works for CBS

one round add/drop draft in reverse order of 2015 standings

waivers cycle using waivers order carried over from last year.

Open transactions (FCFS) for the remainder of the season

Spartans Rule is holding the funds again this year (I think)

Berserker's roster. He finished 8th out of 13 last year

Welington Castillo C

Jorge Alfaro C

Mitch Moreland 1B

Jon Singleton 1B

Justin Turner 1B,3B

Wil Myers 1B,OF

Neil Walker 2B

Micah Johnson 2B

Elvis Andrus SS

Maikel Franco 3B

Rafael Devers 3B

Richie Shaffer 3B,1B

Darnell Sweeney OF

Alex Gordon OF

Aaron Hicks OF

Steven Souza OF

George Springer OF

Aaron Altherr OF

Michael Taylor OF

Jay Bruce OF

Aaron Judge OF

Mallex Smith OF

Rymer Liriano OF

Matt Kemp OF

Jake Arrieta P

Neftali Feliz P

Francisco Liriano P

Carlos Martinez P

Matt Moore P

Robbie Ross P

Luis Severino P

Julio Teheran P

Shawn Tolleson P

Jerad Eickhoff P

Bruce Rondon P

Kohl Stewart P

Vincent Velasquez P

Rules breakdown would be nice too. What do we start? What cats do we use? How long can you keep a guy?
C,1B,2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,OF,OF,OF,OF,UT,UT, 9 P

5 x 5, OBP instead of AVG

Forever and ever, amen.

Rules breakdown would be nice too. What do we start? What cats do we use? How long can you keep a guy?
5x5 with OBP instead of AVG

13 teams

37 man rosters

22 starters (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OFx4, UTx2, Px9)

500-1450 IP

Daily transactions

You can pick anyone in the universe and keep them forever. Kevin Maitan was added when he was 15 years old.

I think it's a $50 league with payout down to 4th. Greedygoat's friend at CBS has taken care of site fees for the past few years.

I'll keep the money again. HellToupee and BoubCheese are rolled in from last year. I also owe either Boub or Cheese some money.

It's a $50 league and the payout structure is 300-200-100-50.

Berserker's team does look decent, partly because some moron traded him Arrieta for Duda last season. :bag:

one round add/drop draft in reverse order of 2015 standings
How does this work? Just any free agent? Assume we can pass if we want.
Yeah, we've been doing the add/drop draft for years. It does two things: gives the worst teams first shot at players whose situations have improved due to offseason changes and ensures that all returning owners are ready for the start of transactions.

There's no hurry to start this. rodg12 fills the league so we won't have to scramble with dispersal drafts and protecting players like last year.

I actually kind of liked freezing players last year and thought it helped the balance of power a little. We could discuss this and do it again w/ a 2/3rds majority.

I assume Eephus is referencing having to leave players unprotected during last year's dispersal draft. We'd do some form of that again.

Part of me is intrigued by the idea, but another part opposes it out of self-interest.

I assume Eephus is referencing having to leave players unprotected during last year's dispersal draft. We'd do some form of that again.

Part of me is intrigued by the idea, but another part opposes it out of self-interest.
Last year's abandoned teams were a lot worse than Berserker's squad so I cooked up some overcomplicated dispersal draft where the returning teams protected 22 (I think) players. The unprotected players went into the pool for the dispersal draft. No returning team could lose more than two players.

With no dispersal draft this year, I'm throwing out whether we should include unprotected players in the pool for the one round add/drop draft. Returning teams could lose a maximum of one player. It's probably more trouble than it's worth for a one round draft but I haven't checked my roster either.

Hey, no rush on that dispersal draft thing. I want to check with my coast guard buddy and see if there are any good players on their way over. Tia.

With no dispersal draft this year, I'm throwing out whether we should include unprotected players in the pool for the one round add/drop draft. Returning teams could lose a maximum of one player. It's probably more trouble than it's worth for a one round draft but I haven't checked my roster either.
I like this idea, much more interesting than a simple add/drop from the FA pool. I'd vote yes for this

seems like a potential advantage for guys that didn't tweak their roster before transactions locked.

We're talking about potentially losing your 23rd best player so it's not going to be a game changer. But it is a move to improve competitive balance for rebuilding teams and will present contenders with a strategic decision whether to protect MLB talent or prospects. I'm for the change even though my team is loaded top to bottom and I'm probably going to lose a superstar. :rolleyes:

Any chance I could get into the existing CBS league to see who's available and what the other rosters look like?

Users who are viewing this thread