What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

5/11/16 3:10 AM ET

The Buxton stops here

Daniel Norris SP | DET - Traded from HellToupee

5/11/16

5/11/16 3:10 AM ET

HellToupee

Drew Pomeranz RP | SD - Traded from The Buxton stops here

5/11/16

4/28/16 11:27 AM ET

The Buxton stops here

Mookie Betts CF | BOS - Traded from Spartans Rule
Lucas Giolito SP | WAS - Traded from Spartans Rule

4/28/16

4/28/16 11:27 AM ET

Spartans Rule

Andrew McCutchen CF | PIT - Traded from The Buxton stops here
Brandon Belt 1B | SF - Traded from The Buxton stops here

4/28/16

3/7/16 9:30 PM ET

The Buxton stops here

Gary Sanchez C | NYY - Traded from Spartans Rule
Corey Dickerson LF | TB - Traded from Spartans Rule

4/3/16

3/7/16 9:30 PM ET

Spartans Rule

Salvador Perez C | KC - Traded from The Buxton stops here
Sean Doolittle RP | OAK - Traded from The Buxton stops here

4/3/16

2/29/16 9:25 PM ET

The Buxton stops here

Eric Hosmer 1B | KC - Traded from Cheese
Stephen Vogt C | OAK - Traded from Cheese

4/3/16

2/29/16 9:25 PM ET

Cheese

Blake Snell SP | TB - Traded from The Buxton stops here
Cody Allen RP | CLE - Traded from The Buxton stops here

5/19/15 2:55 PM ET

The Buxton stops here

Steven Matz SP | NYM - Traded from Boubucarow

5/19/15

5/19/15 2:55 PM ET

Boubucarow

A.J. Burnett SP | PIT - Traded from The Buxton stops here

5/19/15

4/3/16 

I gave Andrew Miller

Sparty gave Yasmany Tomas

I gave Todd Frazier and Luke Gregerson

Sparty gave Javier Baez and Jamison Taillon
So those are all the trades since I returned.  Some I like more than others, obviously the Frazier trade looks terrible but I'm a big believer in Baez and Tallion seems like a good bet to be a solid starter.  I really wanted Hosmer and I have an excess of zygote arms, so I thought that one was pretty smart. 

Team seems a way off based on my position in the standings but my starting pitching is going to look a lot different in August and next year than it does now.  I'm a couple hitters away from making a true impact but I have some solid pieces, and my entire team has a total of three players over the age of 30 (Granderson, Vogt, and Niese who I will drop tomorrow). Not sure what that means, but at least I'm trying to do it the way I think will work.  What I don't want to happen is build a 6th place team that is right back in 11th in four years.  We'll see, been fun so far though.  :hifive:

My team stinks but I think my franchise is pretty good. Pretty much all I can say in 10th place amirite?

Lorenzo Cain is getting moved, received a few good offers on him (thanks to those two owners who made fair offers) but nothing that compels me to trade a guy in his prime who is s 5 cat guy. Keep shipping offers, it's only a matter of time until you offer the right piece. Granderson and Vogt can be had a whole lot cheaper, seems like those guys can benefit a contender. 

Rule 4 pickups added in CBS

Rostered players not in CBS database as of 13 Jun 2016

Jose Miguel Fernandez (Cuba) Dr D/Chem X
Yadier Alvarez (Cuba) Pik95
Kevin Maitan (Venezuela) SpartansRule
Yusniel Diaz (Dodgers) Kraft
Lazaro Armenteros (Cuba) Pik95
Yulieski Gourriel (Cuba) RnR
Lourdes Gourriel Jr. (Cuba) Kraft
Alfredo Despaigne (Cuba) Eephus
Corey Ray (NCAA) Eephus
Nick Senzel (NCAA) Pik95
Kyle Lewis (NCAA) Cheese
Zack Collins (NCAA) Cheese
Blake Rutherford (HS) Rodg12
Mickey Moniak (HS) Pik95
I think one of the Gourriel brothers was dropped :shrug:

Tanner Roark can be had for a fair price if you need K's (99) and ERA (3.07).  His whip is 1.22 and he has 8 wins.  I'll probably take a solid young top 100 prospect for him.

I've been pretty much baseball free for the past month, haven't touched my roster and I somehow managed to pickup two places in the standings. :shrug:

ETA:  guess I should have gotten DeSclafani in the lineup

Last edited by a moderator:
Rostered players not in CBS database as of 21 Jul 2016

Rostered players not in CBS database as of 21 Jul 2016

Alvarez is on fire!

I'll throw out my pre-season dispersal proposal again.

• Protect 22 players (a full complement of starters)
  • 2 round dispersal draft in reverse order (non-snake) of season standings - 26 total picks
  • A team can only lose 3 players in the draft so the worst case is a team loses their 23rd-25th best players, but they can pick up somebody else's 23rd and 24th best.
  • A team may draft their own unprotected player
  • Teams that lose more players than they pick-up get an extra compensation pick at the end of the pre-season add/drop draft.
It'll redistribute the wealth a little while preserving the continuity of franchises

:shrug:

I'll throw out my pre-season dispersal proposal again.

• Protect 22 players (a full complement of starters)
  • 2 round dispersal draft in reverse order (non-snake) of season standings - 26 total picks
  • A team can only lose 3 players in the draft so the worst case is a team loses their 23rd-25th best players, but they can pick up somebody else's 23rd and 24th best.
  • A team may draft their own unprotected player
  • Teams that lose more players than they pick-up get an extra compensation pick at the end of the pre-season add/drop draft.
It'll redistribute the wealth a little while preserving the continuity of franchises

:shrug:
:thumbdown:

I thought a protect 30 and do a seven round dispersal would be cool.  Then the top teams protect their system but we still have a good deal of interaction.

But this proposal is good also, I just think some sort of draft every year keeps the interest as high as possible. 

I'm fine with either of those ideas.

Last dispersal draft I lost Billy Butler and Raul Mondesi. I replaced them with Mark Trumbo and Jorge Alfaro, who I later flipped for Jon Lester in the great PIK fire sale. So yeah, more drafts.

If I have to give up players again Im out at the end of the season. You can have a draft of all my players and maybe everyone can compete.

You'd quit because you might lose three of the following players on your rooster:

David Ortiz

Ryan Madsen

Sean Doolittle

Derek Fisher (not the hoops guy)

Tyler O'Neil

Isan Diaz

Carlos Gomez

Cody Belinger (who you always try to trade and no one wants him)

Adrian Gonzalez

Rowdy Tellez (not the MMA fighter)

Willie Calhoun

Brian McCann

Melvin Upton Jr

Mike Moustakis

Luke Weaver

Since your core is so good and you really don't have the best depth given the names above, you probably would come out of a two round draft better than you went in.  Seems silly to quit over Willie Calhoun, even his family wouldn't quit over leaving him unprotected. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Its the point of it all. I took seasons of not contending to build this team. I wasnt asking for other teams players. I lost 2 players the last time we had to do this which would be helping me right now. Its not my fault I have made good moves to build this team. It is what it is. Oh, and 3 teams have tried to get Bellinger.

If I had the top 22 in the league and my secondary players were worse than the majority of other teams, I'd probably want a dispersal draft is all.

I don't think anything mentioned now shifts competitive balance, what it does IMO is get the :nerd: fired up for the league and season.  A two, three, five, or seven round draft would be sweet IMO and I have a deep farm.  :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread