What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (8 Viewers)

I've gone from chasing coeds and dominating this league to chasing children and getting dominated in this league. The circle of life or something... 
Did I really win back to back titles also?  I think I just threepeated last place.

I'm kind of surprised that only Kraft and I went with prospects for the three additional roster slots. 

ETA:  By my count, 25 players ended up getting picked from Team Hoos.
There is one I left for my waivers...

How many can I have?  I want a lineup this year!

I'm kind of surprised that only Kraft and I went with prospects for the three additional roster slots. 

ETA:  By my count, 25 players ended up getting picked from Team Hoos.
Hoos had a lot of good players.  For the team in the second division there aren't going to be many opportunities to land a Jose Bautista type bat so I went three vets.  Since I have 37 players under 30 years old, I think that was fine.  Plus Hoos didn't have any prospects except Bellinger, that contributed to it. 

You can make as many waivers moves as you want.  I think they're processed in a round robin order.  Everybody's first priority gets handled before anybody gets seconds (hopefully)

I went through all my add/drops from last year.  I didn't let any big prospects get away but probably should have hung onto Granderson, I just dropped him cause he was old (sorry Eephus, I know that brings back bad memories).

Brandon Drury must have been added/dropped like 30 times last year.  I traded four guys I got off the wire though, getting teenagers who can't drive in return in one instance. 

Rosters set.  Please double check to make sure I entered them correctly.

Transactions open.  Trades can be made.  FA pickups are subject to a waivers run on Tuesday AM.
Thanks for herding the cats throughout the expansion draft, Commish. 

Got three of the five guys I wanted, had some real crap on my bench. Hope springs eternal with this plethora of prospects, would be happy if half of them pan out  :popcorn:  

HellToupee said:
:lmao:

Jackson , Whitley & Nottingham waived 
It's not my fault people left better prospects on waivers....

Plus I am trying to get a statting lineup this season.  10th place here we come!

Kraft... said:
Got three of the five guys I wanted, had some real crap on my bench. Hope springs eternal with this plethora of prospects, would be happy if half of them pan out  :popcorn:  
If I was taking a young pitching prospect that Braves Lefty was #1 on my list.  Nice grab.

Nice to see CBS has upgraded things and now lists whether a guy is in the line-up both on the site and in the app. :thumbup:  

We stopped requiring DL players to actually be injured years ago because CBS doesn't track health of minor leaguers

I think the move to 12 teams and the expanded rosters has killed the trade market.  This dynasty league has a whole lot of good things, including the low entry fee but I think ideally you want 14 teams in this format.  Did we originally have 14? 

I wish I would have stayed in but 2008/2009 was a tough couple years for me with moving, new job, lots of #### going on. 

Also regretting dropping players is part of the league.  Last year I had James Paxton and dropped him for Danny Duffy.  Duffy is great, but I wish I would have dropped some other shlep like Alex Cobb and kept Paxton. 

Also thanks to @Kraft... who is keeping me out of last place in most hitter categories!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread