What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (8 Viewers)

I'd be willing to deal one of these two if the right offer came along. I have a plethora of SS's :coffee:  OF and CI's my biggest need.

Xander Bogaerts SS | BOS
Addison Russell SS | CHC

Last edited by a moderator:
CBS' take on Ohtani
"Arguably the most anticipated player in decades, Ohtani has the chance to make history by breaking into the majors as the first dual-threat player since Babe Ruth 102 years ago. With this unique opportunity, we wanted to give hardcore players the ideal Ohtani setup. He will be one player and given both SP and DH eligibility to start the season. Additionally, depending on your league settings, if he plays enough games at a position in the field, he'll gain eligibility there as well. He'll score points based on the position you have him set on your roster at your league's roster deadline. If he is slotted in as a starting pitcher, he'll receive pitching stats. If you play him in a position that accrues batting stats, you'll be scored based on anytime he has an AB. Deploy this special player wisely!"

CBS' take on Ohtani
"Arguably the most anticipated player in decades, Ohtani has the chance to make history by breaking into the majors as the first dual-threat player since Babe Ruth 102 years ago. With this unique opportunity, we wanted to give hardcore players the ideal Ohtani setup. He will be one player and given both SP and DH eligibility to start the season. Additionally, depending on your league settings, if he plays enough games at a position in the field, he'll gain eligibility there as well. He'll score points based on the position you have him set on your roster at your league's roster deadline. If he is slotted in as a starting pitcher, he'll receive pitching stats. If you play him in a position that accrues batting stats, you'll be scored based on anytime he has an AB. Deploy this special player wisely!"
This seems reasonable. 

CBS' take on Ohtani
Sweet!!

21 keepers decided.  Trying to figure out how to dole out the last four spots.

@Eephus - what is the process after the competitive balance draft?  Teams drop X number of guys to get to 40 and keep the rest?  Then a round of FCFS waivers (no international/amateurs)? 

2018 Edition

11th year, 2nd board, 3rd thread

12 teams, 480 rostered players

RIP former league members Finless and Tremendous Upside

Link to old thread

Next steps:

1. Protect 25 players by Feb 5
  2. See if Greedygoat's friend still works for CBS
  3. Three round competitive balance draft in reverse order of 2017 standings (non-snake)
  4. Process any necessary drops to get all teams back to 40 man rosters
  5. Annual waivers cycle using waivers order carried over from last year.
  6. Open transactions (FCFS) for the remainder of the season
  7. Spartans Rule is holding the funds again this year (I think)

I want to trade for a Second basemen so I don't have to look at the illegal lineup message for the next three weeks.  Help!

I could use a second baseman and some pitching.  My window to compete won't probably begin for at least a year or two, but I started to turn towards team building a bit last year.  Taking Hendricks over Bellinger didn't work out so well though.

PROTECTED
Cody Bellinger 1B,OF | LAD
Whit Merrifield 2B,OF | KC
Jake Lamb 3B | ARI
Ketel Marte SS | ARI
Yoan Moncada 2B | CHW
Kris Bryant 3B,OF | CHC
Nelson Cruz OF | SEA
A.J. Pollock OF | ARI
Edwin Encarnacion 1B | CLE
Cesar Hernandez 2B | PHI
Derek Fisher OF | HOU
Carlos Correa SS | HOU
Jean Segura SS | SEA
Anthony Alford OF | TOR
Adam Eaton OF | WAS
Estevan Florial OF | NYY
Heliot Ramos OF | SF
Jesus Sanchez OF | TB
Greg Holland P | COL
Raisel Iglesias P | CIN
Kenley Jansen P | LAD
Corey Kluber P | CLE
Chris Sale P | BOS
Chase Anderson P | MIL
Zack Godley P | ARI

UNPROTECTED
Yasmani Grandal C | LAD
Jason Heyward OF | CHC
Hunter Pence OF | SF
Brett Gardner OF | NYY
Jose Siri OF | CIN
Seth Beer DH | NCAA
Chris Owings 2B,OF,SS | ARI
Jack Flaherty P | STL
Lance Lynn P | STL
Daniel Mengden P | OAK
Mike Minor P | TEX
Chance Adams P | NYY
Anthony DeSclafani P | CIN
Felix Hernandez P | SEA
Kyle Wright P | ATL

Spreadsheet updated with the seven protected lists posted so far.  Still waiting for NV, Dr. Detroit, Arsenal of moops, Hell Toupee and Cheese.

I assumed PIK is protecting Jeimer Candelario since he went through the trouble of trading for him.

Spreadsheet updated with the seven protected lists posted so far.  Still waiting for NV, Dr. Detroit, Arsenal of moops, Hell Toupee and Cheese.

I assumed PIK is protecting Jeimer Candelario since he went through the trouble of trading for him.
Yeah, I'm protecting him.

Is there a master spreadsheet you can share with me

Arsenal of moops is getting close

Users who are viewing this thread