What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

Gonna bow out this year... Not around enough as much. Apologize if it throws a wrench into anything but thanks for the opportunity last year.

2. Greedygoat - IN
3. Eephus - IN
5. pik95 - IN
6. RnR - IN
8. Spartans Rule - IN
9. NV - IN
11. Yu Mama
12. HellToupee - IN
13. Hoos First - IN

10. Flying Elvis - OUT

7. Berserker - PMed
4. Boubucarow - PMed
1. harryhood - PMed

2. Greedygoat - IN

3. Eephus - IN

5. pik95 - IN

6. RnR - IN

8. Spartans Rule - IN

9. NV - IN

11. Yu Mama

12. HellToupee - IN

13. Hoos First - IN

7. Berserker - IN

10. Flying Elvis - OUT

4. Boubucarow - PMed

1. harryhood - PMed
Harryhood and Boubucarow haven't posted since December. We're in no big hurry though.

2. Greedygoat - IN

3. Eephus - IN

5. pik95 - IN

6. RnR - IN

8. Spartans Rule - IN

9. NV - IN

11. Yu Mama

12. HellToupee - IN

13. Hoos First - IN

7. Berserker - IN

10. Flying Elvis - OUT

4. Boubucarow - PMed

1. harryhood - PMed
Harryhood and Boubucarow haven't posted since December. We're in no big hurry though.
PMed and emailed them

2. Greedygoat - IN

3. Eephus - IN

5. pik95 - IN

6. RnR - IN

8. Spartans Rule - IN

9. NV - IN

11. Yu Mama

12. HellToupee - IN

13. Hoos First - IN

7. Berserker - IN

10. Flying Elvis - OUT

4. Boubucarow - OUT

1. harryhood - PMed
PMed and emailed them
Boubucarow sends his regrets and says he'll paypal Spartans for 2014.

Yeah, would not have expected Boub to bail on his long-term project just before it was about to get good. Life must be busy.

I am fine but my life now is super busy. I will drop out of this league but I will send Spartan pay for 2014 and 2015 this week.

I'll miss Boubucarow, especially now since his long term master plan was starting to pay dividends. But disbanding his team should make entry more attractive to potential new owners. Regardless of what happens with Harryhood, there will be decent talent available in the dispersal draft.

We're looking for two or three new owners to join year eight of a dynasty 5x5 league (OBP instead of AVG, 38 man rosters, all keepers, anybody in the baseball world is eligible). The format is fun and challenging and the big benches allows owners to try moves that wouldn't be practical in your typical league.

If you're interested, reply in this thread or via PM.

Regardless of what happens with Harryhood, there will be decent talent available in the dispersal draft.
What kind of talent we talking about?
I'll post rosters of Boubucarow, Flying Elvis and Harryhood tonight.

Harryhood hasn't responded yet so it's possible he'll stay in. I was going to give him until pitchers & catchers report.
Can I reboot my team? Wouldn't mind throwing my team in the trash and joining the dispersal draft myself.

Here are the players available in the dispersal draft. I've included Harryhood's team in there under the assumption he wants out. His team is probably the weakest of the three though.

A.J. Ramos P

Addison Russell SS

Alex Cobb P

Alex Rios OF

Alexei Ramirez SS

Andrew Heaney P

Andrew McCutchen OF

Anthony Rendon 2B,3B

Austin Jackson OF

Bartolo Colon P

Blake Swihart C

Brandon Belt 1B

Brandon Crawford SS

Brandon McCarthy P

Brandon Phillips 2B

Brett Anderson P

Bryce Harper OF

Buster Posey 1B,C

Carlos Rodon P

Carlos Santana 1B,3B,C

Cliff Lee P

Cody Allen P

Cody Asche 3B

Colin Moran 3B

Collin McHugh P

Corey Hart OF

Dallas Keuchel P

Daniel Vogelbach 1B

Danny Farquhar P

David Murphy OF

David Wright 3B

Dee Gordon 2B

Derek Norris C

Desmond Jennings OF

Dillon Gee P

Drew Smyly P

Dylan Bundy P

Edwin Diaz P

Edwin Jackson P

Erasmo Ramirez P

Eric Hosmer 1B

Ervin Santana P

Felix Doubront P

Freddie Freeman 1B

Gerardo Parra OF

Gerrit Cole P

Grady Sizemore OF

Hanley Ramirez SS

Henderson Alvarez P

Henry Owens P

Hisashi Iwakuma P

J.J. Hardy SS

Jacoby Ellsbury OF

James McDonald P

Jason Kipnis 2B

Jason Vargas P

Jedd Gyorko 2B

Jered Weaver P

Jesse Winker OF

Joakim Soria P

Joaquin Benoit P

Joe Nathan P

Jordan Zimmermann P

Juan Lagares OF

Justin Masterson P

Justin Verlander P

Kevin Slowey P

Kolten Wong 2B

Kyle Crick P

Kyle Lohse P

Kyle Parker OF

Kyle Schwarber C,OF

Kyle Zimmer P

Lonnie Chisenhall 1B,3B

Lorenzo Cain OF

Luis Valbuena 2B,3B

Manny Machado 3B

Mark Appel P

Mark Buehrle P

Mark Reynolds 1B,3B

Martin Prado 2B,3B,OF

Matt Moore P

Max Scherzer P

Melky Cabrera OF

Miguel Almonte P

Miguel Montero C

Mike Trout OF

Nathan Eovaldi P

Nick Franklin 2B,SS

Omar Infante 2B

Oswaldo Arcia OF

Pablo Sandoval 3B

Rafael Montero P

Ruben Tejada SS

Ryan Howard 1B

Ryan McMahon 3B

Shin-Soo Choo OF

Starlin Castro SS

Stephen Pryor P

Taylor Jordan P

Tim Hudson P

Todd Frazier 1B,3B

Tommy La Stella 2B

Tony Cingrani P

Tyler Skaggs P

Wil Myers OF

Wilson Ramos C

Yasmani Grandal 1B,C

Yoenis Cespedes OF

Welcome shady inc. Dispersal draft won't start until we get a decision from Harryhood.

I'm opening up greedygoat's request to throw his roster back for league discussion. As long as his friend takes care of the CBS fees, I'm inclined to be OK with whatever the most valuable goat wants to do.

Welcome shady inc. Dispersal draft won't start until we get a decision from Harryhood.

I'm opening up greedygoat's request to throw his roster back for league discussion. As long as his friend takes care of the CBS fees, I'm inclined to be OK with whatever the most valuable goat wants to do.
so i take it he doesn't have a very good team? which would deplete the talent available in the pool...

so i take it he doesn't have a very good team? which would deplete the talent available in the pool...
Goat finished 5th out of 13th last year :shrug:

I'm not a huge fan of active owners throwing teams back in the pool, but I don't think Greedy's team will hurt things necessarily. Tough call, honestly.

It's not that big of a deal to me if others are against it, don't need any more enemies than I already have. I just figured if three teams were going to be doing a dispersal draft this year, that it would be the right time/year.

just seems like a slippery slope of when current owners are/aren't joining the dispersal draft. but i'm new, and not trying to start trouble. so i'm OK with whatever ya'll decide.

After 2 straight titles. Might be trending down a bit but there's still some really good players on that team.

For Goat, who's been a solid active owner and hooks us up with free CBS, I'm fine with it. But I agree with shady... bit of a slippery slope and I don't want to see someone go dead for a year and then want to dump their team.

harryhood paid for last year, and I sent Eephus his winnings. Only boubucarow still owes for 2014.

HellToupee, HoosFirst and Eephus are paid up for 2015 through previous winnings. Once we get the owner situation settled, I'll start collecting for this year.

• Smile
Reactions: RnR

I really don't see a problem with anyone that wants to throw their team back for dispersal for this year. With four teams its not an advantage really.

I really don't see a problem with anyone that wants to throw their team back for dispersal for this year. With four teams its not an advantage really.
I think it sets a bad precedent because it makes it too easy to blow up a team that's past its window.

I think it sets a bad precedent because it makes it too easy to blow up a team that's past its window.
any further update on harryhood?

any further update on harryhood?
He has until pitchers & catchers report to respond.

This.I had a team that won it all the first two seasons, was competitive for another year or two, and then the window closed. I would have jumped at the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over given the chance. Instead, I am in the midst of a multi-year rebuild that is far from a certainty for future success. That's what we signed up for in a dynasty league.

Last edited by a moderator:

This.I had a team that won it all the first two seasons, was competitive for another year or two, and then the window closed. I would have jumped at the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over given the chance. Instead, I am in the midst of a multi-year rebuild that is far from a certainty for future success. That's what we signed up for in a dynasty league.
I understand your point and will begin my rebuild with an eye on becoming competitive again in 2021 (or I'll just quit like the handful of owners do every year).

I understand your point and will begin my rebuild with an eye on becoming competitive again in 2021 (or I'll just quit like the handful of owners do every year).
Your point is taken. I can't control what others do in terms of quitting when their team is bad, but I do know that they all signed up for a dynasty team when they joined the league. Would have been easy for me to quit or ask to jump into a dispersal draft, but it wasn't the right thing to do.

Your point is taken. I can't control what others do in terms of quitting when their team is bad, but I do know that they all signed up for a dynasty team when they joined the league. Would have been easy for me to quit or ask to jump into a dispersal draft, but it wasn't the right thing to do.
My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. I am one of the more active owners in this league and have no intentions of quitting no matter how uncompetitive my team may become.

We can put this to bed now, sorry I ever brought it up.

Users who are viewing this thread