What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (14 Viewers)

Is Chris Taylor ever going to platoon? He was leading off half the time against rhp and striking out 33% of the time. I just remember that was one of the dfs angles we chased all year. 
The whole ####### team is a platoon, even their best players. #### Dave Roberts, he cost me a Cake repeat. 

The whole ####### team is a platoon, even their best players. #### Dave Roberts, he cost me a Cake repeat. 
Yeah they drove me nuts last year too. Stripling gets yanked out of the rotation while pitching like an ace, Puig gets benched the day after he hits 3 homers, but Chris Taylor keeps leading off no matter how much he whiffs.

Yeah they drove me nuts last year too. Stripling gets yanked out of the rotation while pitching like an ace, Puig gets benched the day after he hits 3 homers, but Chris Taylor keeps leading off no matter how much he whiffs.
The Muncy use in the second half was mind-numbing 

Had Boxberger signed tomorrow instead of yesterday, I would have had a bonus ####ty closer. 

That said I get to keep my top 30 pre-draft players. :shrug:  

Had Boxberger signed tomorrow instead of yesterday, I would have had a bonus ####ty closer. 

That said I get to keep my top 30 pre-draft players. :shrug:  
Last night I had Skaggs at the top of my list but by the time my pick came up today, I'd been swayed by Paul Sporer's case for Eovaldi. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much for keeping your top 30.  Drafting your own guy helped in this regard.

Last night I had Skaggs at the top of my list but by the time my pick came up today, I'd been swayed by Paul Sporer's case for Eovaldi. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much for keeping your top 30.  Drafting your own guy helped in this regard.
If Boxberger has signed Sunday I would have kept him. 

Skaggs was my 27th guy and drafting your own guy is great shtick. 

Much like @cheese I'm currently dealing with a domestic issue.  Need to please a local plumper in her 20s, gimme 22 minutes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have plucked a prospect from someone's rooster here, but since people are intent on taking my ####ty bullpen guys over better options...my hand was forced.

Brandon Morrow is missing an elbow. 

4.09 CP Pedro Strop/Cubs/FA

@greedygoat

How's are CBS hookup going buddy? 
Just sent him an email now. 

For the record, our "hookup" is a guy I used to play pickup basketball with about 10 years ago.  I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.  I would bet the last communication I had with him was last year when I asked him to hook us you up. 

***UPDATE***

I just received a response from him.  He said that the league "had a slight issue, but should be ok now".

Just sent him an email now. 

For the record, our "hookup" is a guy I used to play pickup basketball with about 10 years ago.  I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.  I would bet the last communication I had with him was last year when I asked him to hook us you up. 

***UPDATE***

I just received a response from him.  He said that the league "had a slight issue, but should be ok now".
Get your ### back out on the hardwood (and back into this league). Too much at stake here.

Get your ### back out on the hardwood (and back into this league). Too much at stake here.
LOL, I really liked owning a team in the league.  It's the only dynasty league I've ever been a part of.  It just got to a point where I couldn't devote the time needed to compete with some of the 🤓 in here.  If someone is ever looking for a passive co-owner I would love to come back.

Have a great season guys!

LOL, I really liked owning a team in the league.  It's the only dynasty league I've ever been a part of.  It just got to a point where I couldn't devote the time needed to compete with some of the 🤓 in here.  If someone is ever looking for a passive co-owner I would love to come back.

Have a great season guys!
You are always welcome to team up with me.

I could use a closer whisperer at some point.  Hard to grab closers from the road.

You are always welcome to team up with me.

I could use a closer whisperer at some point.  Hard to grab closers from the road.
@PIK95 I have a closer surplus, Will Smith and Ken Giles available. Shoot me a text if interested, my number is in the google Doc. 

Hey Eeph - don't ever say I don't promote growth for the league. I just brought you another body via sheer peer pressure.

He just ####ed that number up with a Pujols acquisition. If we count Albert's real age (54), it's basically hovering around 30 at this point.
He will be cut soon enough.  Longoria and Kipnis too!

I Basically WAY overpaid for Berrios because I wanted him bad.  I picked what I thought were the three most cut able guys on his team.  Obviously I am not that on top of things but I had a susursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplususursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplus of prospects.

He will be cut soon enough.  Longoria and Kipnis too!

I Basically WAY overpaid for Berrios because I wanted him bad.  I picked what I thought were the three most cut able guys on his team.  Obviously I am not that on top of things but I had a susursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplususursusurpsusursusurplsusursusurpsusursusurplus of prospects.
I’m looking to deal 😀

Users who are viewing this thread