What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Eephus can you change my league title "High and tight" to Pik95 on the site? That was a stupid name. 

Still up for a deal contenders.  Send offers.

We will trade Matt Carpenter for a bag of balls if anyone wants to roll the dice.  He needs a change of scenery from us for sure.  O's "closer" Givens can also be had for slightly more.  He should get 5-10 more saves down the stretch.

Eephus can you change my league title "High and tight" to Pik95 on the site? That was a stupid name. 

Still up for a deal contenders.  Send offers.
CBS doesn't allow retroactive changing of old team names.  The titles and stats still show up for pik95 on the http://sb-uber.baseball.cbssports.com/history pages.

High and Tight was an improvement over "I bought sunglasses from a paligimist!"

In retrospect, I should have blown it up this season.  A hot April-May hid the deficiencies of my squad and a rash of injuries after the break sealed the deal.

Fun little CBS glitch - Nick Solak is in my lineup and his Rangers stats are counting for me... but he's still listed as playing for the Rays, and I can remove him before their game starts if I want. :oldunsure:

Congrats Cheese! 

I think I won money for 3rd. Roll over my entry fee for 2020 and if there is anything left let me know 

Year 12 Standings

98.5 - Cheese

94.5 - HellToupee

87.0 - Dr. Detroit

81.5 - Shady Inc

77.0 - Eephus

63.5 - Kraft

55.0 - Northern Voice (TIE)

55.0 - pik95/greedygoat (TIE)

53.5 - Spartans Rule

50.5 - Rodg12

38.0 - RnR

26.0 - UM Jake

I'll roll dice to break the tie for 5th and 6th position in the 2020 mini draft.  Final waivers order will be posted after rosters lock on Saturday.

Thanks guys!  

Does the above mean we are free to make unrelated add/drops right now or no?
Add/drops are open until Saturday Oct 4.  Off-season trades are allowed.

No season 13 rule changes assuming no stable ownership.  Teams will protect 25 players for the four round competitive balance mini draft.  Unprotected players will enter the draft pool along with the 2019 draft class and international free agents, CBS free agents and the rest of the baseball universe.

Congrats @cheese on the title, and also to @HellToupee and @Doctor Detroit for cashing. Unless I hear otherwise in the next week, I will send winnings back to the PayPal addresses the entry fees came from and deduct the $50 to roll you in for next year.

Seems like ancient history now, but the franchise currently known as Cheese was the first one in this league to undergo a total teardown and have a roster of mostly minor leaguers under boubucarow. It took two managers and almost a decade but it's cool to see that process culminate in a title. Gives hope to others undergoing long rebuilds.

Congrats @cheese on the title, and also to @HellToupee and @Doctor Detroit for cashing. Unless I hear otherwise in the next week, I will send winnings back to the PayPal addresses the entry fees came from and deduct the $50 to roll you in for next year.

Seems like ancient history now, but the franchise currently known as Cheese was the first one in this league to undergo a total teardown and have a roster of mostly minor leaguers under boubucarow. It took two managers and almost a decade but it's cool to see that process culminate in a title. Gives hope to others undergoing long rebuilds.
Boubucarow bottomed out with 19 points in 2011 (13 team league) before beginning a slow climb up the standings.

He got 33 points in 2012, 44 in 2013, 64.5 in 2014 and 96.5 in 2015 (3rd place) before handing the keys to Cheese.

Year one of my rebuild went slightly better than expected. My offense scored an above-average number of points despite leaving holes in the lineup for the first month or two and never having much of a bench. With no hitters over 30 and a lot of top prospects on the way, I feel good about my bats.

As for pitching, in theory I like what I've got, but who the hell knows with young arms. Also don't have any closers. Might be more than a year away from doing damage on that side.

What you said is fine for mine. 

No question a lot of my core came from that Boubucarow tear down. 

Final 2019 waivers order

• 1 Rodg12
  • 2 Zihuatanejo Pescadores
  • 3 No Dynasty for Old Men
  • 4 Hail to the Victors' Victors!
  • 5 Kraft
  • 6 pik95
  • 7 Shady Inc
  • 8 Cheese
  • 9 Yusei He's Just a Friend
  • 10 Kieboom Goes the Dynamite
  • 11 HellToupee
  • 12 RnR

2020 Minidraft order

1. UM Jake
  2. RnR
  3. Rodg12
  4. Spartans Rule
  5. pik/goat
  6. NV
  7. Kraft
  8. Eephus
  9. Shady Inc
  10. Dr. Detroit
  11. HellToupee
  12. Cheese

Shady Inc notified me that he's out for next year so we need a new owner to take over his franchise.  It's a strong balanced team that's set up to compete now.  Post here or PM me if you're interested or have questions about the league.

POSITION PLAYERS
J.T. Realmuto 1B,C | PHI
Paul Goldschmidt 1B | STL
Nate Lowe 1B | TB
Daniel Vogelbach 1B | SEA
Eduardo Escobar 2B,3B,SS | ARI
Josh VanMeter 1B,2B,3B,OF,SS | CIN
Jose Ramirez 2B,3B | CLE
Mauricio Dubon 2B,SS | SF
Kyle Seager 3B | SEA
Tim Anderson SS | CHW
Isan Diaz 2B | MIA
DJ LeMahieu 1B,2B,3B | NYY
Christian Yelich OF | MIL
Michael Brantley OF | HOU
Ryan Braun 1B,OF | MIL
Austin Hays OF | BAL
Kevin Pillar OF | SF
Mark Canha 1B,OF | OAK
Jake Fraley OF | SEA
Clint Frazier OF | NYY
Starling Marte OF | PIT
Justin Upton OF | LAA
Garrett Cooper 1B,OF | MIA

PITCHERS
Nick Anderson P | TB
Diego Castillo P | TB
Aroldis Chapman P | NYY
Tyler Clippard P | CLE
Ken Giles P | TOR
Trevor May P | MIN
Sergio Romo P | MIN
Zack Wheeler P | NYM
Rowan Wick P | CHC
Trevor Bauer P | CIN
Yu Darvish P | CHC
Mike Fiers P | OAK
Cole Hamels P | CHC
Pablo Lopez P | MIA
Reynaldo Lopez P | CHW
Charlie Morton P | TB
Eduardo Rodriguez P | BOS

I'm interested, but have a lot of questions about the format/setup.  Can I get a summary of the format?

@Eephus
Short answer:  best league ever

Long answer:  Dynasty league on CBS with 40 man rosters  and no keeper limits, i.e. you can retain players forever.  5x5 roto with OBP instead of AVG.  Daily lineups (CA, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4xOF, 2xUT, 9xP).  Lots of transactions.  Minor league prospects can be rostered beginning the year after signing pro contract.  Annual four-round minidraft in February of first year players and players left unprotected by their current fantasy teams (can protect 25 and can lose 3 at most).

ETA:  we use pitcher W instead of QS or some other made up category.

Last edited by a moderator:
2020 bump.

It's time to start thinking about your 25-man protected lists for the competitive balance minidraft.  We started the draft last year a couple days after the Super Bowl.

Explanation please
More drafting = more fun.  in February we hold a four round (non-snake) minidraft in reverse order of the previous year's standings.  I believe you'll be picking ninth. 

Every team gets to protect 25 players from their 40 man rosters.  The unprotected players are added to the draft pool along with CBS FAs (including first year players from the 2019 MLB draft and international signing period) and amateur/international FAs.   This is the only opportunity to roster the latter until next year's draft.

Teams can only lose three unprotected players.  There's no need to drop a player from your 40 man roster when you make your pick.  We'll all cut back to 40 before the iniitial waivers run.

Last year's proceedings happened around page 63 of this thread.

I'll go ahead and post my tentative protect list. Did a rough draft after the season and nothing's happened to make me change it.

Protected

Hitters: Willson Contreras, Matt Olson, Jonathan Villar, Ryan McMahon, Bo Bichette, Amed Rosario, Pete Alonso, Ramon Laureano, Yasiel Puig, Eddie Rosario, Kyle Tucker, Byron Buxton, Rhys Hoskins, Wander Franco, Carter Kieboom, Dylan Carlson, Alex Kirilloff, Taylor Trammell.

Pitchers: Patrick Corbin, Zac Gallen, Jesus Luzardo, Chris Paddack, Luke Weaver, Matt Manning, Forrest Whitley.

Unprotected

Hitters: Joey Bart, Nick Solak, Didi Gregorius, Nico Hoerner, Ronny Mauricio, Isaac Paredes, Jesse Winker.

Pitchers: Jose Alvarado, Josh James, James Karinchak, Andres Munoz, Griffin Canning, Domingo German, Andrew Heaney, Spencer Howard.

The last few spots on the protected list can be the toughest decisions you make all year.

ETA:  except for deciding which crap closers to chase

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread