What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (9 Viewers)

Pedroia, Tulo, and Wainwright are on the block for some young power or speed/power. I like Joc P, young Red Sox Cubanos, and OF's.

Pedroia, Tulo, and Wainwright are on the block for some young power or speed/power. I like Joc P, young Red Sox Cubanos, and OF's.
I went back this aft to see what the deal was where I sent you Pedroia 2 years ago. Looks like the key piece coming my way was James Shields, so... fairly even?

C Sal Perez

3B Pedro Alvarez (old man team)
Thanks Eephus!
I've had Alvarez since the original 2008 draft when he was still at Vanderbilt. I followed him through his Sr year, wondered which MLB team would draft him, watched him up through the minors and experienced some thick and more thin with the Pirates.

He's been a high maintenance player in Serious Biz. He has to be benched against lefties so I've had to follow CBS' probables every time. He's prone to streaks that you have to monitor and which have a way of flipping every time I made a move to play or sit him. Pedro has forced me to monitor Encarnacion's third base eligibility like a hawk and scour the free agent list and minors for potential replacements. There have been multiple times where I just considered cutting bait but I never could do it . RnR schtick-tormented me about Alvarez for years. When the Old Men finally made their Championship run in 2014, Alvarez was a non-contributor. He earned his ring for his long service but I'm glad he's finally off my hands. I hope my long term relationship with my next 3B Kris Bryant works out for the better.

It's things like this that make this league Serious Business.

Drafters stop after round 20 and post your teams. Google doc for futile in a 3 many draft

Hoos, HT, Boub & Eephus are closed out. I don't know the unprotected status of the others.

Hoos, HT, Boub & Eephus are closed out. I don't know the unprotected status of the others.
I typically would always use protection, but finally I broke down and got zee <BRACKETS> snip <BRACKETS>. Its a much better quality of life issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparty you can thank X for not poaching one of your young pitchers, he loves the Butler.
I have a soft spot for the fat man too, even though he always seems to kill the Tigers. At least he's out of the division now.

Long-run though I'm probably better off with Harvey and Taillon.

18.3 Lonnie Chisenhall 1B,3B

19.1 Mark Appel P

Through 19 picks:

Hitters
Miguel Sano 3B
Buster Posey 1B, C
Corey Seager SS
David Dahl OF
Hanley Ramirez SS
Yan Gomes C
Martin Prado 2B, 3B, OF
Dexter Fowler OF