What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

Trade deadline is Aug 15

It would be good to finalize next year's rules before then because it could have an impact on trading.  Here's where I thought we were earlier:

3 round pre-season competitive balance draft next year replacing the add/drop draft (expanding to 4 rounds in following years).  Non-snake draft order is inverse of previous year's final standings.  Protect 25, expose 15.  Any franchise can't lose more than 3 players in this draft (4 in following years).  The pre-season draft pool also includes free agents.

No more in-season international or amateur pickups beginning in 2018.   You can still speculate by burning a pick in the pre-season draft

ETA:  HellToupee's question

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade deadline is Aug 15

It would be good to finalize next year's rules before then because it could have an impact on trading.  Here's where I thought we were earlier:

3 round pre-season competitive balance draft next year replacing the add/drop draft (expanding to 4 rounds in following years).  Protect 25, expose 15.  Any franchise can't lose more than 3 players in this draft (4 in following years).  The pre-season draft pool also includes free agents.

No more in-season international or amateur pickups beginning in 2018.   You can still speculate by burning a pick in the pre-season draft
Yes on both  :thumbup:

Eephus said:
Trade deadline is Aug 15

3 round pre-season competitive balance draft next year replacing the add/drop draft (expanding to 4 rounds in following years).  Protect 25, expose 15.  Any franchise can't lose more than 3 players in this draft (4 in following years).  The pre-season draft pool also includes free agents.

Is the competitive balance draft order determined by W/L or waiver?

Good to have some rules in place before the trade deadline :thumbup:

Kershaw injury is really messing up my goal of hanging on to 3rd place without trading away prospects :(

Im sitting with contractor for the next two hours if anyone wants to talk trade.   Kimbrel, Claudio, and Puig are potential moves for me.  I want young bats as usual.  My team sux!

Still interested in doing something else fwiw.

Cards OF Stephen Piscotty can be had for a pitching prospects or post hype young pitcher.  He's 26 with a 350OBP.  Not much pop but he's gonna get regular ab's now.

At least 10 times this year I've checked my email to see a news alert about a closer change, then scrolled down about 2 hours to see that guy getting picked up in this league.

I can't keep up. Makes more sense to just pay for Kimbrel.
I hate that we are getting rid of amateur pickups but not fcfs waivers.  I hate it!  I haven't picked up a closer first in years....actually ever.

We can put waivers up to a vote.  I'm personally not a fan of daily leagues with biweekly or weekly waivers runs.

Closers are one category and most of the bums we're churning through now are of marginal overall value.  They might pick up a few SV between now and the end of the season but will probably harm your ratios as well.

In a league with rosters this big, the available talent is pretty picked over.  Most decent MLB regulars and top prospects are already rostered.  Relievers are one of the few positions where it's possible to get a productive player out of the FA pool so they make up a disproportionate share of roster moves, especially near the deadline.  Changing from FCFS would be a huge overreaction to a problem that is pretty much limited to one position most of the time.

I liked the league I was in (deep keeper) that had waiver runs twice a week with daily lineups. In this format I could be talked into weekly lineups. 

I liked the league I was in (deep keeper) that had waiver runs twice a week with daily lineups. In this format I could be talked into weekly lineups. 
Whip the votes by the 15th of the month and we'll do it

I haven't even counted the ayes for the rules I threw out there last page :shrug:

We can put waivers up to a vote.  I'm personally not a fan of daily leagues with biweekly or weekly waivers runs.

Closers are one category and most of the bums we're churning through now are of marginal overall value.  They might pick up a few SV between now and the end of the season but will probably harm your ratios as well.

In a league with rosters this big, the available talent is pretty picked over.  Most decent MLB regulars and top prospects are already rostered.  Relievers are one of the few positions where it's possible to get a productive player out of the FA pool so they make up a disproportionate share of roster moves, especially near the deadline.  Changing from FCFS would be a huge overreaction to a problem that is pretty much limited to one position most of the time.
Translation: You'll pry my closer addiction from my cold, dead old-person hands.

I'm against waiver runs twice a week and daily lineups. It's why I left Newza. I'm less opposed to weekly lineups but I can't see that getting the votes needed here.

How about daily waivers? 

I'm serious :shrug:

ETA:   it would make the race for America's next closer a bit fairer but would still allow for injury replacements and streaming starters

The only potential problem is that we can't change the time when CBS runs waivers.

On the other hand, I'd get all the West Coast closers.

I clicked the wrong Smith on my last offer.  Dom Smith is on the block. About to get the call up.

Is the strategy to trade away guys when they finally get called up to the majors?
Not typically but in this case you need to give to get. I think I'm still at least a year away from many of them hitting the majors.  I'm getting closer though.  Nobody wants Sterling Marte?  He's still young!

Not typically but in this case you need to give to get. I think I'm still at least a year away from many of them hitting the majors.  I'm getting closer though.  Nobody wants Sterling Marte?  He's still young!
I wanted Marte at the All-Star break :shrug:

HellToupee said:
As an aside can we do something about the team names Kraft & Cheese . Confusing , no?
I liked it when the team was called BoubCheese.  Reminded me of Mrs. Eephus' lactating years.

Trade deadline is Tuesday.  Rules changes up for discussion

1. Pre-season competitive balance draft
  2. Ban on in-season adds of amateur and international players
  3. Waivers instead of FCFS
  4. :shrug:

Trade deadline is Tuesday.  Rules changes up for discussion

1. Pre-season competitive balance draft - Keep 25 as discussed
  2. Ban on in-season adds of amateur and international players - Prevent as long as 1 is enacted
  3. Waivers instead of FCFS - FCFS
  4. :shrug:  - Smoo
See above.

Users who are viewing this thread