What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (12 Viewers)

Maybe I should sign up for these closer alert things.  Kinda feels like cheating to me, but as they say if you can't beat em, join em.

I suck at starting pitcher management. I hold Foltynewicz, Corbin and Luke Weaver for multiple years. Then let them go after things are looking meh and their arrows start pointing up. Hold Soroka for a while then he has arm issues, frustrated by half my pitching staff having arm issue I dump him(and hold every other Braves pitching prospect) and he takes off. Held Rodon forever :deadbanana: held Reyes forever up and down. :finger: TNSTAAPP  :kicksrock:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules changes have made it tougher to roster pitching prospects.  Protecting pitchers for multiple years during their development seems like a high risk strategy for team building.   I didn't like losing Kyle Wright two years ago in the mini-draft but it hasn't come back to haunt me yet.  I've had more success with taking a bunch of flyers on young arms that have already reached the majors.  I'll probably miss out on the top pitching prospects because of this but I'd rather devote my minor league resources to hitters.

@RnR is taking a different approach with six MiLB pitchers on his roster.  Time will tell if it's the new market inefficiency.

The only minor league pitcher I'm holding is Corbin Martin in the Astros organization.  He's thrived while Forrest Whitley has struggled at AAA and looks like the first guy to get called up to Houston.  A 1.48 ERA in the PCL is impressive, especially this year.  He also pitched 120 innings last year so an innings limit is unlikely to be a big issue.

The rules changes have made it tougher to roster pitching prospects.  Protecting pitchers for multiple years during their development seems like a high risk strategy for team building.   I didn't like losing Kyle Wright two years ago in the mini-draft but it hasn't come back to haunt me yet.  I've had more success with taking a bunch of flyers on young arms that have already reached the majors.  I'll probably miss out on the top pitching prospects because of this but I'd rather devote my minor league resources to hitters.

@RnR is taking a different approach with six MiLB pitchers on his roster.  Time will tell if it's the new market inefficiency.
It's mostly because you guys are hoarding all the good hitting prospects, but I'm glad to be called a genius if it works. (Nothing I've done in my "rebuild" has worked, so I think you're all safe)

Eephus said:
The only minor league pitcher I'm holding is Corbin Martin in the Astros organization.  He's thrived while Forrest Whitley has struggled at AAA and looks like the first guy to get called up to Houston.  A 1.48 ERA in the PCL is impressive, especially this year.  He also pitched 120 innings last year so an innings limit is unlikely to be a big issue.
Looks like he’s up tomorrow 

Never thought Jeimer Candelario could suck so much he'd get demoted in mid-May. I was honestly convinced a big breakout was coming. Between that and Rodgers getting promoted to presumably take McMahon's job, I really don't have a 3B right now.

Rebuilding anyway so I don't have to make a move right this second, but I'm definitely in the market for a long-term answer at 3B.

Never thought Jeimer Candelario could suck so much he'd get demoted in mid-May. I was honestly convinced a big breakout was coming. Between that and Rodgers getting promoted to presumably take McMahon's job, I really don't have a 3B right now.

Rebuilding anyway so I don't have to make a move right this second, but I'm definitely in the market for a long-term answer at 3B.
I was the first guy to pick up Candelario.  Before the first minidraft, I traded him to Pik for Derek Fisher who immediately flipped him to Dr. Detroit for Willy Adames.

Let's call that one a three way tie.

Yeah dynasty format is the best, also the worst. For example, I tried to sell Michael Chavis for spare change to every one of the 41 Red Sox owners in the league; left him unprotected, tried to include him in two trades this year. Not one taker. 

On the flip side, someone tried to include Cody Bellinger in a trade with me as a second piece and I laughed him off like he voted for Roy Moore. :bag:  

Shame on us prospect whores for sleeping on post hype Josh Bell

2019 Compettitive Balance Draft
1. UMJake49 - Nolan Gorman
2. pik95 - Jonathan India
3. RnR - Casey Mize
4. Kraft - Jarred Kelenic
5. NV - Nick Madrigal
6. Rodg12 - Josh Bell 
Oh my 

Yeah dynasty format is the best, also the worst. For example, I tried to sell Michael Chavis for spare change to every one of the 41 Red Sox owners in the league; left him unprotected, tried to include him in two trades this year. Not one taker. 

On the flip side, someone tried to include Cody Bellinger in a trade with me as a second piece and I laughed him off like he voted for Roy Moore. :bag:  
I was the first in the league to pick up Bellinger, but dropped him down the stretch that season because I needed the roster space in a pennant race. I planned to pick him back up in the last week, but Hoos had the same idea and beat me to it, and then Eephus got him in Hoos draft.

I tried to give away Paddack last year too. He wasn’t on the first draft of my protect list but I switched him in at the last minute.

I have never been so frustrated with a team in fantasy sports before. I ended last year with Paxton, Taillon, McCullers, Ray, Heaney, and upside in starting pitching. All but Ray are dead and every time I stream someone they suck. 

Im still guessing I lead the league in offensive numbers even though I’m behind now, but I have no chance of winning this year because of downright gross pitching. Oof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys who went before Bellinger in the Hoosdraft

1. Nolan Arenado
  2. Anthony Rizzo
  3. Xander Bogaerts
  4. Madison Bumgarner
  5. Brian Dozier
  6. Billy Hamilton
  7. Ryan Braun
  8. Kyle Hendricks
  9. Stephen Strasburg
  10. Carlos Gonzalez

Guys who went before Bellinger in the Hoosdraft

1. Nolan Arenado
  2. Anthony Rizzo
  3. Xander Bogaerts
  4. Madison Bumgarner
  5. Brian Dozier
  6. Billy Hamilton
  7. Ryan Braun
  8. Kyle Hendricks
  9. Stephen Strasburg
  10. Carlos Gonzalez
I remember that draft , thought Xander fell to me.

Shame on us prospect whores for sleeping on post hype Josh Bell

2019 Compettitive Balance Draft
1. UMJake49 - Nolan Gorman
2. pik95 - Jonathan India
3. RnR - Casey Mize
4. Kraft - Jarred Kelenic
5. NV - Nick Madrigal
6. Rodg12 - Josh Bell 
I carried him for like five years too...

My pet project Matt Thaiss finally called up today. It was probably incredibly unnecessary to hold him all this time while he never really had traction on prospect lists, but he’s intriguing (to me at least) as a bat-only slugger type. Unfortunately, the dream of him retaining catcher eligibility is very dead. 

My pet project Matt Thaiss finally called up today. It was probably incredibly unnecessary to hold him all this time while he never really had traction on prospect lists, but he’s intriguing (to me at least) as a bat-only slugger type. Unfortunately, the dream of him retaining catcher eligibility is very dead. 
The AL West needs another guy named Matt.

So far, no major surprises.  Eephus hitting is good enough to finish in the money and Pik's pitching matter sooner rather than later.  Dr. D hitting amazing as expected.  Shady's pitching being mediocre despite what he's gotten from Morton has been a big factor so far.

David Price, Dallas Keuchel, elite reliever Will Smith and Util extraordinaire Jeff McNeil all available for trade.

Help me help you   :)  

My longest tenured player is now Didi Gregorius, who I added in July 2016. I thought it was going to be Rhys Hoskins but he came on board in August. I’m planning on a lot less roster turnover in the next few years.
Check that, it's now Michael Pineda, who I rostered from July 2010 to May 2016. I didn't realize it was that long until I checked the transaction log... probably because he was injured most of that time.

His return to my team is a clear indication that I have no idea what I'm doing.

When is our trade deadline? We could move a closer for a young bat as usual.  Someone that would make our top twenty five would be ideal. 

When is our trade deadline? We could move a closer for a young bat as usual.  Someone that would make our top twenty five would be ideal. 
Trade Deadline - No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 8/15/19.

Users who are viewing this thread