What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Sent some offers around. Just getting my feet wet and trying to get a value on young players/prospects, not trying to lowball anyone but just don't have a great read of the league yet in regards to win now/future etc. Anyone feel free to counter or offer trades for almost anyone on my team.

I'm here. Under 35 rosetted players so I don't believe a drop is needed on this pick. If that's incorrect let me know and I'll cut someone.

Adding Tommy La Stella -2b - Braves

I've got a lot of SS's and looking to trade one or two. Most of them are fast.

Elvis Andrus

Asdruble Cabrera

Everth Cabrera

Jonathan Villar

Looking for pop, CI if possible.

RnR's griping about the dispersal draft has persuaded me to make a minor rules change/clarification re: the new teams. The two new teams will go to the end of the line in waivers order rather than assuming the positions held by Stat and Finless.

Flying Elvis and GWB can decide among themselves how to divide up the 12th and 13th picks in the add/drop draft and the corresponding positions in the waiver order. Let me know how you want to play this.

RnR's griping about the dispersal draft has persuaded me to make a minor rules change/clarification re: the new teams. The two new teams will go to the end of the line in waivers order rather than assuming the positions held by Stat and Finless.

Flying Elvis and GWB can decide among themselves how to divide up the 12th and 13th picks in the add/drop draft and the corresponding positions in the waiver order. Let me know how you want to play this.
This won't net me a closer, but I'll consider it a small victory for the good guys.

I'll take last pick here I guess since I had first in the dispersal? Unless GWB wants it vice versa. I'll let him decide since I had the first pick.

Looking for a deal. I'm not as on top of values as I would like to be but I'll make whatever size needed.

Think I might be up so...

Add Tyler Beede (College)

Drop Mookie Betts* (If I need to drop anyone, not sure if I do)

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think that move is OK. College (and HS) players have to be drafted before being eligible for pickup. The International guys are different, but American players must be drafted first (or drafted a 2nd time if they go to college after drafted out of HS).

Can someone with a better memory (or less lazy to look the rules up) verify?

new teams don't have to drop anybody.

Roster size should be at 37 after this draft. i believe Harryhood is one short.so he can do the add when transactions are open.

What happens next is I'll finish adding the last of add/drops. Then there will be one waivers cycle that will run on Monday morning. After that, it's FCFS for the rest of the year. I'll post the time when waivers will run when I get things set up later today.

During the season, players who get dropped go on waivers for two days.

I don't think that move is OK. College (and HS) players have to be drafted before being eligible for pickup. The International guys are different, but American players must be drafted first (or drafted a 2nd time if they go to college after drafted out of HS).

No, anybody in the universe is eligible. I drafted Jason Heyward as a high schooler in the original draft in 2008.

No, anybody in the universe is eligible. I drafted Jason Heyward as a high schooler in the original draft in 2008.
Yep, just like I said. :blush:

And I did the same thing and picked up Aaron Crow when he was in college. (that worked out well btw)

Man, old age sucks.

Yep, just like I said. :blush:

And I did the same thing and picked up Aaron Crow when he was in college. (that worked out well btw)

Man, old age sucks.
Yup, I'm just trying to take some fliers on build up my young prospect base since basically all of the great ones are rostered. Rolling the dice on Carlos Rodon and Beede to get young some pitchers that should show up in the top 50 next year.

Is my team so bad that I can only get one sub par offer total after begging? Nobody wants Harvey (who I love but would move) or Bautista in a deal?

Rosters have been entered and keepers processed.

Transactions are open but all players will be subject to a single waivers cycle, which will run on Monday 10 Mar at around 2AM EDT. After that, everybody goes to FCFS.

I am at a possible crossroads with my roster and I could make moves to compete this year. I am open to moving prospects to solidify my pitching staff with at least one starter and a couple closers. I would want pitchers who will be near their "prime" for the next 3 years.

I am more willing to move prospect arms for arms but I am open to discussing some of my hitting prospects (not named Javier unless we are talking something major). I can't move anyone seeing major league time unless a replacement is involved in the trade.

So you can send me offers or simply let me know if you are willing to move arms.

Looking to move Cliff Lee sooner rather than later if anyone is interested. Ellsbury as well.

Hey Ian sorry I missed your offer. Wasn't notified but received the email when it was rescinded.
No problem, think I have another offer up there... Interested in Buxton quite a bit, just trying to tear down and rebuild the team a bit and get some younger hitters.
It was hard for me to give up Russell particularly since I am convinced he will stay at SS for most of his career. I good deal for both sides I think.

Looks like I am in win now mode.

I have Gary Sanchez, Javier Baez, Gregory Polanco, Jonathan Singleton, Jameson Taillon, Matthew Wisler, Kyle Crick, Kevin Gausman, Kyle Zimmer and Dylan Bundy available.

I am also willing to move my young major leaguers in the right deal.

I will be looking at some possible trades tomorrow and maybe throw some offers out there.

Seems like the value of long-term prospects is higher than before.
Seeing as I've traded off some assets like Lee/Nathan/Sandoval for prospects, it's probably a matter of perception of find the next big thing these days. Trout/Harper and to a lesser extent Fernandez/Myers have helped skew the prospect curve a bit IMO. Not used to having young players real close to star status so quickly and so young. I was looking to deal my older pitching and closers for younger assets because my cupboard was pretty dry.

Also coming into the league, the best offensive prospects available seemed to be in the 60+ range in BA rankings so with so many younger guys controlled on teams, their value goes up. Can't attempt to rebuild if all the potential youngins are being hoarded.

And with that blockbuster, I'm committed to rebuilding.

Still available: Shin-soo Choo, Jhonny Peralta, Coco Crisp, Will Venable, Adam Lind, Jake Peavy, Scott Kazmir.

Eventually I'd also like to move Cole Hamels, but I'll wait until he proves he's healthy.

I'm going to keep Kershaw and Upton because I still expect them to be good when I'm ready to compete again.

Users who are viewing this thread