What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (6 Viewers)

OK so the big rosters have a majority.

There will be a three round draft with no drops required.  Player pool will be Team Hoos combined with CBS FAs and anybody else in the baseball universe.  Hell Toupee might be interested in Barron Trump.

I have to process keepers and figure out how to deal with the Hoos contraction in CBS. 

I'm fine with 40, I think the smaller the roster more it benefits the downtrodden. 

I am the one who brought up the amateur issue. One it's a pain for the commish, two it is breaking news driven with the international guys, and three...it would make our preseason drafts that much more interesting. That third thing is important to me, I think people live to draft in fantasy sports. A one round waiver draft is unfun. 

Also wish I would have not tried so hard last year. I wanted to finish higher than the two other expansion teams and rnr because he's a jerk. 

I support the #amateurban but we'd need to get seven votes pretty quick to move forward with it this year.

I am a bit concerned we'd get some pissing and moaning about borderline cases like foreign professionals, Independent league guys, etc.  I assume we'd set the cutoff date for the time of the pre-season draft.  Eligible players would have to be signed by a MLB team at that time to be eligible for the draft and in-season pickups. 

The way I envision this working is draft-eligible amateurs and International FAs would not be available for FCFS pickups during the year.  So if you wanted some NCAA Junior, you'd have to wait until the Spring after he's drafted and signed to pick him up.  International players would work in much the same way even though they are professionals.  For example, Eric Thames couldn't have been picked up last year even though he's a former MLB superstar.

I have no idea how we'd deal with a case like Eric Gagne's comeback.

The way I envision this working is draft-eligible amateurs and International FAs would not be available for FCFS pickups during the year.  So if you wanted some NCAA Junior, you'd have to wait until the Spring after he's drafted and signed to pick him up.  International players would work in much the same way even though they are professionals.  For example, Eric Thames couldn't have been picked up last year even though he's a former MLB superstar.

I have no idea how we'd deal with a case like Eric Gagne's comeback.
How about something like a 2 round draft for amateurs and Int'l FAs right after the MLB draft, then a brief 2-3 week signing window immediately following if teams want to take more than 2?

I know kraft and I are against amateurs. Anyone else?
I like to pick up college bats in May.  Other then that I am not married to it.  I am open to your idea if more people want to do it.  I agree on the pre season draft.

I remember grabbing Buster Posey right after he was drafted, and cutting him a month or three later.  This would probably protect me from myself anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want (Seth) Beer!

I have six of the top twenty prospects, twelve in the top fifty?  Sweet!   

I bet three pan out....

I would move Clint Frazier for a pick between 6-10 in the upcoming draft. I HATE the Yankees. Seems fair imo.

I think we should get @Hoos First back in just to throw a wrench in this all.  Come on Hoos!!!!  You still have time! 
Nah, because once I won again there would be some new rule to take more of my players.
Oh come on.

Your team is so top heavy it's like a bakery.  You get to keep the chocolate cheesecake, the strawberry short cake, the Tartufo...and you leave everyone else with Rhubarb pie and ###-flavored pudding. 

You want out, no reason for you to quit.  Stay, you know I love you and your quirky style.  Plus you're the CHAMP!

Nah, because once I won again there would be some new rule to take more of my players.
Without going through it all again (though I guess I am), this still baffles me. Your team is/was so top heavy. Your depth isn't/wasn't good. You're basically leaving over Rowdy Tellesz or someone.

Hoos' team

Brian McCann C | HOU 

Anthony Rizzo 1B | CHC 

Ian Kinsler 2B | DET 

Nolan Arenado 3B | COL 

Xander Bogaerts SS | BOS 

Brian Dozier 2B | MIN 

Matt Holliday 1B,OF | NYY 

Jose Bautista OF | TOR 

Ryan Braun OF | MIL 

Carlos Gonzalez OF | COL 

Ben Zobrist 2B,OF | CHC 

Tom Murphy C | COL 

David Ortiz DH | BOS 

Cody Bellinger 1B | LAD 

Rowdy Tellez 1B | TOR 

Willie Calhoun 2B | LAD 

Isan Diaz SS | MIL 

Yulieski Gurriel 3B | HOU 

Derek Fisher OF | HOU 

Billy Hamilton OF | CIN 

Tyler O'Neill OF | SEA 

Keon Broxton OF | MIL 

Adrian Gonzalez 1B | LAD 

Brett Phillips OF | MIL 

Melvin Upton OF | TOR 

Mike Moustakas 3B | KC 

Players

Dellin Betances P | NYY 

Madison Bumgarner P | SF 

Aroldis Chapman P | NYY 

Jeanmar Gomez P | PHI 

Kyle Hendricks P | CHC 

Craig Kimbrel P | BOS 

Ryan Madson P | OAK 

Francisco Rodriguez P | DET 

Stephen Strasburg P | WAS 

Adam Wainwright P | STL 

Luke Weaver P | STL 

Hoos contracted

Keepers processed

CBS FAs list is accurate

Rosters expanded.  I took the opportunity to get rid of the old INJ slot so it's straight 40-man rosters now. 

Pik may fire when ready.  Draft order was on the last page.  It's 3 non-snake rounds with the full FA pool available, not just Hoos' team.

The debate about amateurs is over unless we get 7 in favor before the first amateur gets picked.

I'm fine with 40, I think the smaller the roster more it benefits the downtrodden. 

I am the one who brought up the amateur issue. One it's a pain for the commish, two it is breaking news driven with the international guys, and three...it would make our preseason drafts that much more interesting. That third thing is important to me, I think people live to draft in fantasy sports. A one round waiver draft is unfun. 

Also wish I would have not tried so hard last year. I wanted to finish higher than the two other expansion teams and rnr because he's a jerk. 
Matt Adams. :flex:

Brandon Moss :doubleflex:

Rostered players not in CBS database as of 21 Feb 2017

Yadier Alvarez (Cuba) Pik95
Kevin Maitan (Venezuela) Dr D/Chem X
Yusniel Diaz (Dodgers) Kraft
Lazaro Armenteros (Cuba) Pik95
Shohei Otani (Japan) rodg12

I don't know what the ####CBS is going on with Yusniel Diaz.  I can see his player card but can't process the add/drop.  @Kraft... please try to replace the placeholder

1.01 Nolan Arenado - 3B Rockies

I'm still in last even with him.  :D

"Pik you may fire when ready" makes me picture Ee as Grand Moff Tarkin now, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread