What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (7 Viewers)

What's up with the CBS site? It' s not showing probable pitchers and my IP (innings pitched) data is all fudged up.

Transactions locked. Waivers order saved.

1. Meat Panchos
2. Greedygoat
3. Eephus
4. Boubucarow
5. pik95
6. RnR
7. Berserker
8. Spartans Rule
9. NV
10. Flying Elvis
11. Yu Mama
12. HellToupee
13. Hoos First

Going for it all instead of playing it safe cost me this past week. Good job eephus, nv, and helltoupee. Also a shout out to berserker, hope you get a cut of the money. Something had to be involved there.
?? What means this?
I have no idea, nice of him to concede a top 3 spot to me though...
Really thought you had it. I had a good week this week to pull it out. Plus I was drunk as hell when I made the post. Didnt even remember doing it til the next day.

Hoos First said:
Going for it all instead of playing it safe cost me this past week. Good job eephus, nv, and helltoupee. Also a shout out to berserker, hope you get a cut of the money. Something had to be involved there.
?? What means this?
I thought it was odd with all those SP moves you made, so I figured someone offered you a cut to shake things up. No biggie.
That's a hell of an accusation #######.

A few weeks ago, I was on pace to be about 50 innings short. So I streamed quite a bit for about 3 weeks. I play to the end, no matter what place I'm in. I think it's important, especially for good leagues. Maybe you'd prefer owners who don't pay attention when they fall out of contention?

So what I'm trying to say is: Go #### yourself.

I'm collecting/distributing. Somebody else should probably do this in the future because I'm lazy about it.

Here's what I've got:

GWB paid $40. Hoos and Eephus were rolled in from last year's winnings. That's what I've collected.

I can deduct Hell Toupee's entry from his winnings, and NV won his buyin back.

Flying Elvis owes $40 with the first-year discount. Everyone else owes $50 entry fee plus the $5 to cover Finless from last year.

If someone wants to give Finless their team, he can pay the $50 from last year and then we waive the $5.

I say we allow Finless back in as an expansion team. That is, of course, provided he pays his missing due and pays for next season in advance.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind Finless taking over the remnants of his team that I have remaining on mine. I played this year so only fair that I also pay what I owe for the fee this year.

I'm back in if you have a spot in the future.

:blackdot:
Posted just above... It was fun playing this year with everyone, I wasn't able to compete and gutted the team a bit, but wouldn't mind giving up my team just because I've fallen off a little in time for fantasy sports the past few months.

Team probably won't win anything next year but has enough young talent to make things interesting with Posey, Machado, Rendon, McCutchen, Addison Russell.

Paid/Settled:

GWB

Flying Elvis

NV

Berserker

greedygoat

RnR

Unpaid:

boubucarow

Meat Panchos

pik95

Waiting to collect:

Hoos

Eephus

HellToupee

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back in if you have a spot in the future.

:blackdot:
Posted just above... It was fun playing this year with everyone, I wasn't able to compete and gutted the team a bit, but wouldn't mind giving up my team just because I've fallen off a little in time for fantasy sports the past few months.

Team probably won't win anything next year but has enough young talent to make things interesting with Posey, Machado, Rendon, McCutchen, Addison Russell.
I think that's my original team!

Very bad news about Finless/Clifton circulating on his Facebook wall today. He was always full of schtick but seemed honest about his personal demons. I'm hoping it's schtick this time.

Update:

Paid/Settled:

GWB

Flying Elvis

NV

Berserker

greedygoat

RnR

pik95

Unpaid:

boubucarow

Meat Panchos

Waiting to collect:

Eephus

Hoos

HellToupee

Just 2 left to pay. I will bother them sometime in the next few days.

EEPHUS: Trade me Pedro Alvarez. I was going to offer you Garrett Jones for him, but I just remembered that I dropped him at the end of a season in a purge for youthful off-season keeps.

EEPHUS: Trade me Pedro Alvarez. I was going to offer you Garrett Jones for him, but I just remembered that I dropped him at the end of a season in a purge for youthful off-season keeps.
He's still a platoon play as long as he has 3B eligibility, especially in a big bench league like this.

I own Garrett Jones for a buck in the TREauction leeg.

Eephus said:
RnR said:
He's still a platoon play as long as he has 3B eligibility, especially in a big bench league like this.

I'm not asking you to give him away. Just trade him to someone who appreciates him.

Bright side is you can snag G. Jones off the waiver wire and replace the production instantly (sans 3B eligiblity), plus whatever you net from me as profit.

Eephus said:
RnR said:

I'm not asking you to give him away. Just trade him to someone who appreciates him.

Bright side is you can snag G. Jones off the waiver wire and replace the production instantly (sans 3B eligiblity), plus whatever you net from me as profit.
I've hovered my mouse over the drop Alvarez button multiple times over the years but I've had problems with CIF depth in this league since my fateful decision to pick Garrett Atkins in the original draft.

ETA: My flyer on Korean 3B Jeong Choi looks like a waste of a roster slot

Are we ever getting paid?
Yes. Even though I'm still $100 short I'd like to just get this taken care of.

Here's what I have as far as winnings:

Eephus $300 (entry fee was rolled in from last year)

Hoos $200 (entry fee was rolled in from last year)

Hell Toupee $50 ($100 minus this year's entry fee)

Winners can PM me their PayPal address, and let me know whether they'd like the full sum, or take $50 off to be rolled in for next year.

Proposal for next season: We collect up front and rosters are locked until fees are paid.

This league lives up to its name as far as committed owners, but no so much on the financial side and that's partly my fault for being lax about it. For the long-term health of the league we should probably change that sooner rather than later.

Proposal for next season: We collect up front and rosters are locked until fees are paid.

This league lives up to its name as far as committed owners, but no so much on the financial side and that's partly my fault for being lax about it. For the long-term health of the league we should probably change that sooner rather than later.
Seconded. This has needed to happen for years now.

Are we ever getting paid?
Yes. Even though I'm still $100 short I'd like to just get this taken care of.

Here's what I have as far as winnings:

Eephus $300 (entry fee was rolled in from last year)

Hoos $200 (entry fee was rolled in from last year)

Hell Toupee $50 ($100 minus this year's entry fee)

Winners can PM me their PayPal address, and let me know whether they'd like the full sum, or take $50 off to be rolled in for next year.
You can roll mine into next season

Paid/Settled:

GWB

Flying Elvis

NV

Berserker

greedygoat

RnR

pik95

Hoos

HellToupee

Unpaid:

boubucarow

Meat Panchos

Waiting to collect:

Eephus

Dang, I was traveling before the holidays and missed the part about 2014 payout.

I'm kicking off preparation for our 8th season. First order of business is to confirm returning owners:

1. Meat Panchos

2. Greedygoat

3. Eephus - IN

4. Boubucarow

5. pik95

6. RnR

7. Berserker

8. Spartans Rule

9. NV

10. Flying Elvis

11. Yu Mama

12. HellToupee