Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Odell Beckham, Jr.


Recommended Posts

Seeing this thru OBJ colored glasses since I own him but...

1) I've actually been a bit surprised by how little the Giants have had his back publicly.  No 'he may be an idiot, but he's OUR idiot' line coming out of that locker room/organization.

2) While I think it was initially wise to exploit and establish Shepard/Cruz, thru 4 games, Eli has a 4:4 TD/INT ratio.  And OBJ has 0 of those TD's.

Me thinks that best way to stop a gawking season long sideshow in the worst media market to have one would be a 9/150/3 type game for OBJ, even if you have to target him 30 times (exaggerating, but you get the gyst).

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on. This guy gives you a bad vibe but Gordon didn't?

I'd like to say more, but what a "silly" comment.  Let me know the next time you give yourself a paycut. 

I am a Giants hater and Jets fan. But lets give some perspective to some of the sensitive people here who claim to be a fan of men smashing their heads in on a weekly basis. I only hope and pray he i

I own the guy too and I'm not saying he doesn't work or study game film or whatever, but when a guy says "It's just not fun anymore" and is seen practically throwing tantrums on the sideline... I'm just connecting the dots. It's reasonable to conclude that "It's not fun anymore" could be explained by "it's harder". Guys are playing OBJ hard. And he doesn't like it; it's not fun. It's not like he's the first wr to have this happen, just the one to be the most public about it in recent history. That's telling imo. He's my head case and I'll take the good with the bad I guess. 

Sure his stats are the same as they were last year, but last year he didn't start the season with a giving up statement like "It's not fun anymore". That whole offense looks terrible. I hope he turns it around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People worried about an upset player saying things because he is mad? Thats what making trades has come to in fantasy football?
Eli has conduct detrimental to his team every week, they dont suspend him.

Edited by WheelsUp
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

People worried about an upset player saying things because he is mad? Thats what making trades has come to in fantasy football?

No. I'm concerned about an upset player saying football is not fun anymore. 

I've always tried to stay away from head cases. They get into their own minds. Idc if he voices his opinion or frustration but to say basically football is so much work now that it's not fun... if that's what he saying.... that's concerning 

Edited by Dr. Brew
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, he is going to give up and quit. He wont try hard anymore for that big contract he knows he will get. Did you ever say thing just because you were mad at 23 years old? If that is what has you judging a football player, good luck on your season.

He was the same guy last year, he was a head case (according to you) when you drafted him, you just didnt care because you didnt pay the price you did for him. Lets cut the ####.

Edited by WheelsUp
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

You are right, he is going to give up and quit. He wont try hard anymore for that big contract he knows he will get. Did you ever say thing just because you were mad at 23 years old? If that is what has you judging a football player, good luck on your season.

He was the same guy last year, he was a head case (according to you) when you drafted him, you just didnt care because you didnt pay the price you did for him. Lets cut the ####.

No, he was a rookie when I grabbed him off the ww. I've kept him for 2 more seasons because he has costed me +1 draft pick from where I grabbed him. So, last round last season and second to last round pick this season. I've kept him because he's super valuable for his draft position. I almost traded him this off-season

And you're making a straw man argument. No, he's not going to just give up and quit but stranger things have happened in the nfl. Some players have a good 1-2 years and then drop off the face of the earth. Did I say everyone should cut him? No. Trade, maybe if u get the right offer. Some of the offers shared in here are ridiculous. 

To shrug off this statement is absurd in my mind. 23 year-olds dont say their job as a professional athlete aren't fun anymore every week. To over react and trade him for Fuller and Howard is equally crazy. You take it for what it's worth and you file it away. That's what makes fantasy so much fun, some people sell where they think a guy might be going down the tubes and others hold. One person is right. Who knows. I'll hold him for the season. I can't keep him anymore because his keeper contract is up. If he does well I do well so here's hoping for a great 3/4 season

Edited by Dr. Brew
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, money.never.sleeps said:

My reccomendation bring in another guy who's had issues and semi learned to chanel his emotions better. 

Call me crazy buy a guy like Steve Smith Sr. of all people could actually probably help this guy. He just so happens to be an UFA after this yearr.

 

Steve Smith would likely strangle Beckham with his bare hands within the first hour of meeting him. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

I've been offered OBJ for Gronk (1ppr for WR and 1.5ppr for TE).  I have Graham at TE too and can start two if I want, just not sure if I prefer OBJ and his antics and possibly getting kicked out of a game or two for multiple misconduct fouls and an inconsistent Eli, or a gimpy Gronk who I assume will be at full strength the back end of the season.

 

 

See ya later, Gronk!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I predicted this type of issue somewhere in the thread. To me, it is simple: It's a case of too much, too soon. The success came too fast and too easy and too soon and he's adjusting to how to deal with adversity.  IF a guy like Steve Smith or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees was on his team, I'd probably say he will quickly get it right. However, I really don't see a strong leader presence on this team anywhere (defense included) where a guy could say "come here and be quiet for a minute and learn something, young buck." 

 

So, sadly, I think he's going to have to figure it out somewhere else. Is it coincidence that Coughlin's absence seems to correlate with Odell's regression? We might not immediately connect the dots but when you think of it, you know Coughlin is the type that can wrangle a guy in.  Can McAdoo?  Eli, to me, doesn't seem the type to get heavily invested in this kind of thing the way you know Brees, Smith, Ray Lewis, etc would have.  

To complicate it, it might be a BAD thing that they have a young guy in Shepherd there who IS doing well.  He's young, he has talent.  Why is it the Giants always seem to have ONE guy who is white hot at a particular time but seldom a solid core?  

I think this lingers a while longer.  He'll be okay. He's a superb talent. He's likely not a knucklehead who will spiral and get into REAL trouble. But he may lack the mental fortitude to push through it quickly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

I don't like the "I'm not having fun anymore" comment.  He hasn't hit the big longterm mega payday yet but is this guy's heart in it for the long haul?  I hope it's just a temporary situation right now and his sports psychiatrist can dig him out of the hole.

He's not having fun anymore because they have 2 other star WR now. Cruz and Shepherd.  ODB is a spoiled 5 year old that since now he isn't "the guy" in NY, he takes hissy fits, and yes I own ODB in a keeper. He killed me last year with the suspension and he is killing me now with his immaturity.

Edited by rjv
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shutout said:

I think I predicted this type of issue somewhere in the thread. To me, it is simple: It's a case of too much, too soon. The success came too fast and too easy and too soon and he's adjusting to how to deal with adversity.  IF a guy like Steve Smith or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees was on his team, I'd probably say he will quickly get it right. However, I really don't see a strong leader presence on this team anywhere (defense included) where a guy could say "come here and be quiet for a minute and learn something, young buck." 

 

So, sadly, I think he's going to have to figure it out somewhere else. Is it coincidence that Coughlin's absence seems to correlate with Odell's regression? We might not immediately connect the dots but when you think of it, you know Coughlin is the type that can wrangle a guy in.  Can McAdoo?  Eli, to me, doesn't seem the type to get heavily invested in this kind of thing the way you know Brees, Smith, Ray Lewis, etc would have.  

To complicate it, it might be a BAD thing that they have a young guy in Shepherd there who IS doing well.  He's young, he has talent.  Why is it the Giants always seem to have ONE guy who is white hot at a particular time but seldom a solid core?  

I think this lingers a while longer.  He'll be okay. He's a superb talent. He's likely not a knucklehead who will spiral and get into REAL trouble. But he may lack the mental fortitude to push through it quickly. 

 

He also put a target on his back for the Norman game last year and then the NFL made that target neon when they introduced ejection upon two unsportsmanlike calls. 

A few years back, when protecting the QB was all the rage, you couldn't breathe near a QB without drawing a flag.  Now I see real cheap shots on QBs that don't get called.  Now the focus is unsportsmanlike conduct and I've seen some questionable quick calls, especially for a game with football's intensity.  One has to know that Beckham is a huge target - the rule change just made that worse.

He has to learn to deal with that.  Loss of Coughlin could definitely be a factor.   Not surprised (but disappointed) that Eli doesn't have his back more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

All he's doing is giving other team's the recipe to defeat him.  He'd be best to just keep playing and ignore everyone.

I noticed Cordarralle Patterson was giving him a hug and talking to Beckham after the game. I had a feeling this was exactly what CP was telling him, to just keep focused and to ignore all the drama.

Many folks in this thread are completely over reacting. But that is why the media keeps making an issue out of this, because the truth is fans love the drama.

If Beckham was able to bring in that long catch one handed last night (great defense by Rhodes on this btw) we would all be talking about how amazing he is, instead of the negativity. We already know he is very capable of making such an amazing play too, he has done it more than once before.

What isn't fun for Beckham is that he has a spotlight on him with the new rule as pointed out by DropKick above. That is forcing him to play the game differently and he wants to be free to be himself.

As far as his numbers, sure he isn't getting as many targets before when Cruz was hurt and they didn't have Shephard. Big difference when Eli's only other option was Rueben Randle.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WheelsUp said:

I have to say, it is kind of amusing people talk about how he is a little kid pouting, as people are on message boards complaining about a football players attitude and how it relates to stats on their make believe teams.

I was gonna respond to your intital rant but I may as well here. You do a lot of chest pounding my man about "soft fantasy owners" etc. Maybe some of us just think the guy is so tremendously talented that we hate to see what might be the self-sabotage of someone--who in my opinion--has the chance to be the greatest since Rice. He's got his coaches and teammates trying to council him and he doesn't want to hear it. He's being "myself." Sounds like another TO. You say you're a Jets fan. Well, Eagles fan here. I saw TO blow up a super bowl contender with his BS. Yes, the more I watch the guy, the more his act is wearing thin. They changed rules because of his deplorable behavior last year. 

So yeah, you don't need to make an assumption that I'm in here #####ing about his fantasy production. I'm complaining about someone turning into team cancer and pissing away a potentially hall of fame career. 

 

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I noticed Cordarralle Patterson was giving him a hug and talking to Beckham after the game. I had a feeling this was exactly what CP was telling him, to just keep focused and to ignore all the drama.

Many folks in this thread are completely over reacting. But that is why the media keeps making an issue out of this, because the truth is fans love the drama.

If Beckham was able to bring in that long catch one handed last night (great defense by Rhodes on this btw) we would all be talking about how amazing he is, instead of the negativity. We already know he is very capable of making such an amazing play too, he has done it more than once before.

What isn't fun for Beckham is that he has a spotlight on him with the new rule as pointed out by DropKick above. That is forcing him to play the game differently and he wants to be free to be himself.

As far as his numbers, sure he isn't getting as many targets before when Cruz was hurt and they didn't have Shephard. Big difference when Eli's only other option was Rueben Randle.

 

In fairness though, I think if any of a number of wide receivers were able to "bring in that one long pass one handed", we would talk about any of them having an amazing day.  That is the fine line in the NFL.  There are some years when it seems like everything breaks your way and there are years when it just breaks. You hear a lot of players say that they are all world class athletes and that the game is played 90% from the neck up. That's the issue right now, his mind isn't where it needs to be, as evidenced by his statements. He's thinking and focusing in the wrong areas and needs to get that back.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line he is off to an awful start considering his talent and where he was drafted (consensus #3). In my league he is the #33 scoring WR. The other WR's who were drafted early:

Julio Jones #1 scorer, Antonio Brown #2, AJ Green #4 and Jordy Nelson #5. Right around where you would think they would be.

The only good news is it is still early and certainly time for him to regain his form. However he is a head case and seems to get in the way of himself. He was doubled most of the night and Eli played scared all night. He seemed to quit out there in the 4th quarter. Bad combination. As an Odell owner, hope it gets better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

A whole lot of dumb in this thread, and I wish I were referring to Beckham's antics.

This x1000.  Unreal the amount of hatred out there for this guy.  It's like he kills puppies for sport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I was gonna respond to your intital rant but I may as well here. You do a lot of chest pounding my man about "soft fantasy owners" etc. Maybe some of us just think the guy is so tremendously talented that we hate to see what might be the self-sabotage of someone--who in my opinion--has the chance to be the greatest since Rice. He's got his coaches and teammates trying to council him and he doesn't want to hear it. He's being "myself." Sounds like another TO. You say you're a Jets fan. Well, Eagles fan here. I saw TO blow up a super bowl contender with his BS. Yes, the more I watch the guy, the more his act is wearing thin. They changed rules because of his deplorable behavior last year. 

So yeah, you don't need to make an assumption that I'm in here #####ing about his fantasy production. I'm complaining about someone turning into team cancer and pissing away a potentially hall of fame career. 

 

That passion is part of what makes him a special player.  Does he need to reign it in?  Absolutely but I believe he's far from pissing away a potential hall of fame career.  Another poster mentioned Steve Smith.  Odell's passion reminds me so much of Steve Smith and yes Smith was a fiery punk is his younger days...just like Odell.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hotlanta said:

Anyone know why I can't get this quote tag to disappear when I try to reply??  I've logged out and back in but nada. Anyway, I can't find it but someone said that he can't be popular in the locker room actually last Sunday night after the kicking net game, guys on fox sports radio were talking to somebody with the team who said it's the exact opposite   He's the most popular guy in there and everyone has his back   Maybe not Eli  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pipes said:

That passion is part of what makes him a special player.  Does he need to reign it in?  Absolutely but I believe he's far from pissing away a potential hall of fame career.  Another poster mentioned Steve Smith.  Odell's passion reminds me so much of Steve Smith and yes Smith was a fiery punk is his younger days...just like Odell.  

I said virtually the same thing five pages ago. But the more I see his act, the more I think he could self destruct and that would be a shame. I love the passion but there is a difference  between Brian Dawkins like passion that galvanizes a team and self destructive me me me Terrel Ownes passion that destroyes a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

 Maybe some of us just think the guy is so tremendously talented that we hate to see what might be the self-sabotage of someone--who in my opinion--has the chance to be the greatest since Rice. 

 

Stopped reading. He isnt even the Best receiver in the NFL or physically/mentally gifted enough to approach such a stratosphere.  And im one of the people who is trying to back the guy.

IE randy moss. Had 1 but not 2.Obv broad topic. I also dont know.obj work ethic which means everything to become the best...other than hands drills he does.

Being good so young can be a catch 22. Esp in todays world

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

ODB lives to dish out the #### but can't handle getting it returned. 

He has handled it but the media werent on his ace every time the giants O stunk before josh Norman. 

He balled on norman 2 weeks ago but is getting dawged on bc of his antics... and g men lost at end. He has to realize he isnt in san diego... i mean dude has way more endorsements than Antonio brown an that fool went om dancing with the stars ans won. 

Its nyc not pittsburgh etc.

I still dont have alot of issue other than dont do it near guys who cant play with negativity.  And yes vuys get tired answering questions now that its out. Gotta cool it.. and acting out IE going after DBs etc with side or blind hits. Hes done it a bit lately... people are watching.  He needs to get IT soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, money.never.sleeps said:

Stopped reading. He isnt even the Best receiver in the NFL or physically/mentally gifted enough to approach such a stratosphere.  And im one of the people who is trying to back the guy.

IE randy moss. Had 1 but not 2.Obv broad topic. I also dont know.obj work ethic which means everything to become the best...other than hands drills he does.

Being good so young can be a catch 22. Esp in todays world

He has a tremendous work ethic. He's not just showing up for games and skipping treatment and meetings like Dez. He works hard to be a great route runner and that's one reason he's had so much success with Eli. Eli is a great QB when he can trust who he's throwing to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jed said:

He has a tremendous work ethic. He's not just showing up for games and skipping treatment and meetings like Dez. He works hard to be a great route runner and that's one reason he's had so much success with Eli. Eli is a great QB when he can trust who he's throwing to.

Ya dez works really hard. Knuckle head but works. And whoever threw dez under bus isnt a teammate.  Dude balls and his effort is never questioned in terms of wanting to win/play.

Ill bow.put bc its all opinion but we'll see. Very good player who can is capable.  I like the dude so we'll see

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCT said:
12 hours ago, hotlanta said:

Anyone know why I can't get this quote tag to disappear when I try to reply??  I've logged out and back in but nada. Anyway, I can't find it but someone said that he can't be popular in the locker room actually last Sunday night after the kicking net game, guys on fox sports radio were talking to somebody with the team who said it's the exact opposite   He's the most popular guy in there and everyone has his back   Maybe not Eli  

been there :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good thoughts in this thread, and it's hard to speculate on the emotional aspect.  However, it's clear he's frustrated, and according to interviews 'not having fun anymore.'

We've seen tons of cases of young players exploding on the scene at an early age....money, NY press, Madden, TV spots.  Suddenly a kid that wants to play football is being asked his opinion on things from his favorite pizza to world politics.  I think it's alot to handle.

As an owner of him in my leagues, I worried bigtime about the sudden massive fame.  I don't see how it CAN'T affect him.  My concern grows as he hasn't seemed to filter out the nonsense, exemplified by the CAR game at the end of 2015.  It was worse than Cortland Finnegan getting into Andre Johnson.  It was sadder b/c Cortland did that stuff because (at the time) I don't think his talent measured up to his ability to talk.

The things that strike me as impacting his stats are simply splitting targets with (the very impressive) Sterling Shepherd and the returning Cruz (also impressive).  He's also contending with guys like Norman and X.Rhodes week to week.  (I believe the worst part of it is the (aggressive NY) press making it about ODB vs. Norman all week, instead of Giants vs. Washington.)

Also, I'm no expert on play-calling or QB-ing, but Eli's handling of the McKadoo offense seem to have him dumping off or just throwing the ball into the dirt (esp vs. MIN).  He must have thrown the ball down into the dirt 8 times.  To me, this suggests HEY THE SCREEN GAME/SHORT PASSING GAME IS NOT WORKING.  Talking heads suggested they were baited into that, and should have looked to do more medium crossing type routes in front of the safeties.  Either way, Eli didn't seem comfortable and was not successful in running that offense.

Hopefully he gets on speed dial with a S.Smiff Sr., some sort of generational player who also struggled with the media circus or just a professional mentor like L. Fitzgerald and learns how to tune it out.  Take up meditation, stop talking to reporters, something.  Otherwise, it wouldn't shock me to see him breakdown or walk away from the game.

 

 

Edited by Black
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hotlanta said:

He's gotta be the biggest non-injury top 3 fantasy pick bust that I can remember in playing 15 years of FF. Damn you fantasy experts for saying he's worthy of a top 2 pick overall. He has single handedly ruined 2 of my leagues of which I have a combined 4 titles in the last 4 years.

:shrug: in the two leagues I have him, I'm 7-1 through 4 weeks.  One dynasty but the redraft I took him 1.02 and haven't lost yet.  Eli is my qb there too which makes his issues worse. (For that matter, my 2nd round pick was watkins - good picks later of Crabtree, crowell and others saved the team)

Our teams aside, even the great ones have rough patches.  I'll buy low if anyone is selling in other leagues. He needs to shut up and do his damn job. 

Edited by FUBAR
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I was gonna respond to your intital rant but I may as well here. You do a lot of chest pounding my man about "soft fantasy owners" etc. Maybe some of us just think the guy is so tremendously talented that we hate to see what might be the self-sabotage of someone--who in my opinion--has the chance to be the greatest since Rice. He's got his coaches and teammates trying to council him and he doesn't want to hear it. He's being "myself." Sounds like another TO. You say you're a Jets fan. Well, Eagles fan here. I saw TO blow up a super bowl contender with his BS. Yes, the more I watch the guy, the more his act is wearing thin. They changed rules because of his deplorable behavior last year. 

So yeah, you don't need to make an assumption that I'm in here #####ing about his fantasy production. I'm complaining about someone turning into team cancer and pissing away a potentially hall of fame career. 

 

Great analogy with TO here. ODB is acting like TO did in his early days in SF. IMO this is just the beginning, and this is coming from a ODB owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesnt need to shut up, he needs support from his team and QB. What he needs to do is have officials call penalties on the defense like they call them on him. What he needs is a QB who throws him the ball instead of the 4th string RB when they are trying to make a comeback. Why is Norman, who smack talks, shoots arrows and gets penalties not getting coverage? Does he have any media enemies? Stick with me. The language and crap talk that happens on the NFL field every week, and Odell is the one who needs to shut it? Why? Someone in a high place has it out for him.

I say this as a Jets fan, who doesnt own Odell and loves the kids talent and attitude as a football player. He does the same many other players do, but he is pointed out? Why? Because he gets more penalties than others? Because he is any worse than Dez and his antics? No.

Edited by WheelsUp
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 6:58 AM, hotlanta said:

He's gotta be the biggest non-injury top 3 fantasy pick bust that I can remember in playing 15 years of FF. Damn you fantasy experts for saying he's worthy of a top 2 pick overall. He has single handedly ruined 2 of my leagues of which I have a combined 4 titles in the last 4 years.

:lmao:

I am picturing you kicking a practice net onto yourself while you ##### about your FF team.

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody seems to be talking about him walking down the line and shaking every person in uniform after the national anthem.  When the guy gets on the field he's passionate and has a temper. It's cost him a few penalties here and there but every team has them. Jerry Hughes routinely costs the Bills 30 yards a game when he crosses the line and is too physical. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/10/ex-giants_coach_tom_coughlin_odell_beckham_is_a_di.html

Coughlin said Beckham "really believes that he is at his best at the top of his passion," but he has to remain in control.

I also believe its true.  However, its possible for bad things to be more intense, and happen quicker too.

 

Guys would have gotten a kick out of seeing how this played out prior to '77.. 

  • The head slap is outlawed
  • Defenders are only permitted to make contact with receivers once.
  • Wide receivers are not allowed to clip defenders.

I can recall watching games where the camera would show a "potential" WR barely able to see a ball, much less catch it..  Players at times looked more like they were involved in a fighting match as opposed to defender covering wideout. 

 

Obviously the NFL clientele (viewers/supporters) has changed dramatically..  For instance in the 70's I agreed changes were needed too remove some violence, which took away from the game, being played.  Now the push is more to remove violence for the sake of player safety etc.  It's all interesting, because referees have a long standing track record of calling the 2nd player who wouldn't let things go.  LOL  Basically a smart (somewhat cold-hearted lesser player) needs to wait until the next play to repay an endeavor..  IF your putting it all out on the field?  Good Luck, I dont see ya showing restraint if even its a night and day difference in results!  I was told in my youth its all about delivering the hardest blow!  Im pretty sure OBJ was taught something similiar.


On the brighter side for OBJ going full bore?  Imagine the results for Lynn Swann not going full speed https://youtu.be/r1NzOCftlow?t=14s 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe that he's not playing well, I just believe defenses are playing him better.  When opposing teams know they can get in his head and make him react like that they are going to be even more physical with him.  He gets flustered and fights back then he gets penalized.  If I were the opposing coach I would want my defense being borderline too physical with him just to screw with him.  Let him take himself out of the game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody else said it but I think all it will take is one of his monster 150/2 games to snap him out of the mental funk. Eli needs to force feed him. Spreading it around isn't really working anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WheelsUp said:

He doesnt need to shut up, he needs support from his team and QB. What he needs to do is have officials call penalties on the defense like they call them on him. What he needs is a QB who throws him the ball instead of the 4th string RB when they are trying to make a comeback. Why is Norman, who smack talks, shoots arrows and gets penalties not getting coverage? Does he have any media enemies? Stick with me. The language and crap talk that happens on the NFL field every week, and Odell is the one who needs to shut it? Why? Someone in a high place has it out for him.
 

Yeah, I bet the NFL has just been waiting for the chance to tarnish the reputation of their most popular player. Has nothing to do with him, it's the QB's fault, the refs fault, the medias fault. But not Odell.

 

 :tinfoilhat:

Edited by Skoo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2015 at 8:25 AM, Khy said:

And the 2015 Award for Putting BS Words into Someone's Mouth goes to...

**drumrolllllll**

CSTU!

Seriously, how is that what you drew up from what I said?

Sure acting entitled, isn't he?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/704335-official-odell-beckham-jr/?do=findComment&comment=17963240

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Such overreaction.  Like has been said, his numbers are similar to last year, except for touchdowns, which I would argue is on his QB.  Let's face it, Eli has been mostly awful this season so far.  And that was an ####### move by Eli last night, calling Beckham out like that to the media. Even though Beckham does need to behave more, Eli should have had his back publicly.  Poor leadership. 

While Eli has been bad this season, Odell has dropped a would be touchdown or two as well. See that Saints game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...