What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (6 Viewers)

What did he do this past Monday that the announcers kept referencing? I must have missed the initial story.

I gotta say, I love the talent and have defended him before but man what a head case. And it's probably a bit on the camera people but has anyone been shown to complain to the refs more than him? Other than Pete Carroll, I can't think of anyone....

Another Diva receiver.  Maybe people were refering to him flying down to Miami early in the week to vacation on a yacht.  I think Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb did the same thing (vacationing in the middle of a playoff prep week) and you don't even hear about that.  

Heaven help us if the old days of football with the Raiders and Steelers had social media around them.
Went on a ship on Monday, punched a wall yesterday. Neither had anything to do with the bad game they had in cold weather in a hard place to play and against the best QB in the NFC.
Floating on a boat does not make you drop passes, it makes you get a tan. People have expectations of men who hit each other for a living in which they dont even put upon themselves. As said above, hot take radio needs something to discuss in its 4 hours on air. I have seen men in actual locker rooms throw helmets at lockers with the full force of what they had, break the locker (and helmet) and I never saw any stories about that. It happened in New York, too. Just for some perspective on someone punching a wall. The problem I do have with OBJ is I think all this is for the cameras and headlines and those type of things are rewarded with a stud behind the wall next time he does it. .

Heaven help us if the old days of football with the Raiders and Steelers had social media around them.
Went on a ship on Monday, punched a wall yesterday. Neither had anything to do with the bad game they had in cold weather in a hard place to play and against the best QB in the NFC.
Floating on a boat does not make you drop passes, it makes you get a tan. People have expectations of men who hit each other for a living in which they dont even put upon themselves. As said above, hot take radio needs something to discuss in its 4 hours on air. I have seen men in actual locker rooms throw helmets at lockers with the full force of what they had, break the locker (and helmet) and I never saw any stories about that. It happened in New York, too. Just for some perspective on someone punching a wall. The problem I do have with OBJ is I think all this is for the cameras and headlines and those type of things are rewarded with a stud behind the wall next time he does it. .
Perhaps he should have papered over the hole with some tape and some hundred dollar bills.  He needs to learn to clean up after himself.

How do you solve a problem like O-de-el?

How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?

How do you make him stay,and listen to all you say?

How do you keep a wave upon the sand?

Oh how to solve a problem like 0-de-el?

How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand? :whistle:

I'm documented here as a pretty big OBJ critic, at the same time crediting his statistics for my success in my league. My keeper contract on him finally expired, and I pick at the end of round 1 so my chances of getting him are pretty much zero. The guy might be immature and kind of a narcissistic drama queen, but at the end of the day he does come through. 

Can't really fault him for the playoff game... he had a bad game. If that happened week 2 no one would be talking about it (point made, no one is taking about his slow start to last year). The boat thing, yeah probably not a great idea but that was blown way out of proportion.

I think you know what you get with OBJ. In spite of his slow start to the year, many of the guys in here were right (and I was wrong)- he does come through in the end. His stats were great (not as good as '15 but still incredible). He's one of the few WRs you can really count on to likely have a pretty big game. He may have a few bad games but there are very few players who don't. 

He is his worst enemy and when/if he ever decides to grow up and stop being such a diva, maybe he will reach a new height of success... but I wouldn't let him missing OTAs drop him down on my draft chart. 

His contract balloons from 3.3 mil to 8.5 from '17 to '18, so I imagine he kind of views this as playing for a new contract. 8 million might be a pretty big bargain for 2018 for the Giants, and OBJ might want to test the FA market to get the best deal he can... so maybe I am putting the cart ahead of the horse... but if NYG want to extend him, after this season would be the best time to do it. So you can bet OBJ will want to have a monster season. Nothing motivates like money and he is a year or two away from the biggest payday of his career. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, took a shot to the outside of the left leg while it was partially planted. He walked off with a slight limp, but fell to his hands and knees before he made it all the way into the locker room.

It looked like it could have caused a pretty bad injury for sure but who knows with that.

His reaction was really bad though, especially when he was in the tunnel.

Per rotoworld:

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants

Odell Beckham exited Monday's second preseason game against the Browns with a potential knee injury.

Under a minute into the second quarter, Beckham caught a pass down the right side of the field that required him to leave his feet. Amidst coming down, Browns CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun delivered a crushing helmet-to-knee tackle on OBJ, causing Beckham to throw the ball and limp off the field. He walked under his own power to the locker room before crumbling to the floor in the tunnel. His knee took the direct hit and bent somewhat awkwardly. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Could be ankle and knee...no way of knowing just from watching. He's gotta get checked out via doctor, MRI, Rihanna, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread