What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (2 Viewers)

Camera's on me in the locker room? Cue fall to the ground for effect.
This, what ever happen to calling out the obvious? The broadcasters should have been on this "fake news."

I mean has it been anymore obvious a person was faking the drama for the camera? I have children who do the same thing, but not for the camera just when mom is watching. lol

The injury looked scary, and when he got hit in the knee realized he was fine and processed it all, he thought wait...I can have the more attention. He popped right up, took off his helmet and threw it, both penalties. No one will care that he does that stuff all the time until week 14 when he clips someone in the helmet spear shot, right? All this stuff is rolled together with OBJ is a liability regardless of production.

Love his talent and numbers, but I am really starting to hate everything about this kid. He was even looking directly at the Solar Eclipse without glasses, dont know if it matters but goes to show this kid is just not all there and loves to seek attention...even when he already has it.

That was an ankle and concussion when it was a direct shot to the knee? I'll pass on that "diagnosis." This was a cluster of a joke that makes the NFL concussion protocol and injury timeouts a joke. 

If I ever see OBJ get hit again, I will not trust he is really hurt. McCoy does this all the time, its a pathetic act from professional football players. Its a true test to what they are really about. From hugging the net, for the TV...to acting hurt, for the TV. For spearing Norman in the head because fo all the trash talk build up, for the TV. As an OBJ owner I will be happy to move him for a Julio, Mike Thomas and a 2 type deal at this point.

This guy has issues, but we all already knew that...seeing him fake an injury is way worse than his other antics, it shows a way different approach to doing what ever it takes for attention at any costs. 

Those are my thoughts, take them as they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one knows what he was feeling, so to sit behind your keyboard and label Beckham Jr after an injury doesn't say much for your character.  I remember after a motorcycle accident I jumped up and ran around like a fool in agony and even ran into a house of someone I didn't know, but in the end I just had some bruises and cuts and was fine.  In the end you cannot know how that person feels after an injury and to label it as attention grabbing is wrong.

This, what ever happen to calling out the obvious? The broadcasters should have been on this "fake news."

I mean has it been anymore obvious a person was faking the drama for the camera? I have children who do the same thing, but not for the camera just when mom is watching. lol

The injury looked scary, and when he got hit in the knee realized he was fine and processed it all, he thought wait...I can have the more attention. He popped right up, took off his helmet and threw it, both penalties. No one will care that he does that stuff all the time until week 14 when he clips someone in the helmet spear shot, right? All this stuff is rolled together with OBJ is a liability regardless of production.

Love his talent and numbers, but I am really starting to hate everything about this kid. He was even looking directly at the Solar Eclipse without glasses, dont know if it matters but goes to show this kid is just not all there and loves to seek attention...even when he already has it.

That was an ankle and concussion when it was a direct shot to the knee? I'll pass on that "diagnosis." This was a cluster of a joke that makes the NFL concussion protocol and injury timeouts a joke. 

If I ever see OBJ get hit again, I will not trust he is really hurt. McCoy does this all the time, its a pathetic act from professional football players. Its a true test to what they are really about. From hugging the net, for the TV...to acting hurt, for the TV. For spearing Norman in the head because fo all the trash talk build up, for the TV. As an OBJ owner I will be happy to move him for a Julio, Mike Thomas and a 2 type deal at this point.

This guy has issues, but we all already knew that...seeing him fake an injury is way worse than his other antics, it shows a way different approach to doing what ever it takes for attention at any costs. 

???@ solar eclipse.  That one came out of nowhere. 

No one knows what he was feeling, so to sit behind your keyboard and label Beckham Jr after an injury doesn't say much for your character.  I remember after a motorcycle accident I jumped up and ran around like a fool in agony and even ran into a house of someone I didn't know, but in the end I just had some bruises and cuts and was fine.  In the end you cannot know how that person feels after an injury and to label it as attention grabbing is wrong.
Thanks, thats why I have learned to make reference to the bolded below.

But again, I will sit behind this keyboard and label whoever player I want. The irony is you talk about me judging a player but meanwhile you judge me, not very excellent of you to attack a community member because he disagrees with you, is it?  A bit too rich of irony there. But since we are talking about character, maybe you should have had more composure after your accident and not ran around like a person on fire for scratches. Next time, is it possible you get in an accident that people will now think you are over reacting?

Thanks for your response, but I still have not changed my opinion of OBJ, and most likely wont regardless of what you think of my character. 

If you wish to continue, I would love to talk about OBJ, but leave my character out of it. 

But we were right

???@ solar eclipse.  That one came out of nowhere. 
That a diva is looking for attention, came out of nowhere? Noted.

I just think deeper than the surface and have the ability to see things for what they are, the obvious. 

I mean it is pretty clear that this day in age people miss the obvious even if people are screaming from the roof tops the obvious...they still will miss it. 

OBJ is and has been a diva, last night when he faked, yes FAKED, his injury took it to a new level for me. Faking injuries is taboo and speaking about it is just as taboo, so understand the shock and anger at "how dare you say a guy who was running to the locker room then collapses was faking his injury."

But we were right
Yes.

I mean he was even walking with "authority" in those tight shorts on the sideline. OBJ faked an injury on national television, we all know it, some just dont want to say it.

We know the Giants are known for faking injuries, but thats another story. Check the tape, is all I will say. 

Surprise, OBJ thinks he will be ready. BTW, they are still going with "ankle injury" below...

Odell Beckham (ankle) suggested he will be ready for Week 1.

When asked if he would be ready to face the Cowboys in a couple weeks, Beckham turned on the sarcasm. "I don’t know, man," Beckham said through a smile. "I’m pretty concerned, but I think I’ll be all right." He will have more tests on Tuesday, but it looks like Beckham has avoided a serious injury.

Source: Giants on Twitter

Aug 22 - 8:11 AM
"With a smile," what a touch.

Yes.

I mean he was even walking with "authority" in those tight shorts on the sideline. OBJ faked an injury on national television, we all know it, some just dont want to say it.

We know the Giants are known for faking injuries, but thats another story. Check the tape, is all I will say. 
I'm pretty sure players have been hurt on plays and scared they were severely injured, causing them to react the way OBJ reacted.  You simply can't make that kind of judgement about a player's injury. 

I'm pretty sure players have been hurt on plays and scared they were severely injured, causing them to react the way OBJ reacted.  You simply can't make that kind of judgement about a player's injury. 
I said I waited until this morning to see how it played out and I said those are my thoughts, take them for what it is worth. I hope you read those words just the same you read the ones that said I think he was faking.

"With a smile" after an injury that you suggest? He is clearly making a mockery of it and with all due respect,m my mind wont change now after seeing that.

In the world of fantasy having a guy who fakes injuries while we wait desperately for ever piece of news to set our lineups is not good. 

This, 100%.  And OBJ is an attention whore, 100%.  These aren't mutually exclusive.  His reaction to the  hit wasn't out of the ordinary IMO,  especially considering it happened in a preseason game where you're hoping not to have your knees taken out.  But most everything beyond that was ridiculous, especially him falling to the floor of the locker room in a pure "look at me" move. 

This, 100%.  And OBJ is an attention whore, 100%.  These aren't mutually exclusive.  His reaction to the  hit wasn't out of the ordinary IMO,  especially considering it happened in a preseason game where you're hoping not to have your knees taken out.  But most everything beyond that was ridiculous, especially him falling to the floor of the locker room in a pure "look at me" move. 
I agree with all this with the exception of his reaction but thats splitting hairs. Ordinary for him is throwing the ball and taking off his helmet. I do said that facetiously, but it really is a reaction of his when he is about to do something dramatic. 

I am glad OBJ is OK and I wish no one ever to get hurt, just bothered some players in the NFL have come to having these reactions when you know you are not truly hurt. 

I use to really like OBJ but after this last year I've just lost a lot of respect for him.  I still love his talent but he seems to be a big head case that I never realized until last year.  That's the biggest weakness I see with him.

Right with you on this one.  When a professional athlete feels pain in their lower leg, I wouldn't be surprised if they immediately think, "career over".  The shelf life for professional football players isn't that long. 

If you follow the Giants, you'll remember Sterling Shephard being taken off the field a month ago (?) with a lower leg injury.  He was in tears.  He ended up back in two weeks.

Right with you on this one.  When a professional athlete feels pain in their lower leg, I wouldn't be surprised if they immediately think, "career over".  The shelf life for professional football players isn't that long. 

If you follow the Giants, you'll remember Sterling Shephard being taken off the field a month ago (?) with a lower leg injury.  He was in tears.  He ended up back in two weeks.
Except this didnt happen immediately after

OBJ jogs off the field, walks calmly down the tunnel ... but 60 seconds later has to fall to his knees? I don't buy it.

although top WR's tend to be divas, I couldn't imagine Julio Jones or AJ Green making drama for the cameras like OBJ did there.

Very different caliber of persons. 

I assume everyone who feels OBJ was mugging for the camera has taken a hit from behind below the waist from an NFL defensive player and knows it's not that painful. What team(s) did you guys play for?

I assume everyone who feels OBJ was mugging for the camera has taken a hit from behind below the waist from an NFL defensive player and knows it's not that painful. What team(s) did you guys play for?
Why come in here with this nonsensical trolling in the bolded? Where are you a doctor at so you can tell us about injuries? 

Way more concerned with ODB's offense being a dumpster fire than his ankle injury right now...or any "character issues". That oline concerns the hell out of me and Perkins looked terrible. Bad run game means that'll be a one dimensional offense and Eli's gonna get hit a lot. 

ESPN says he could miss a game or 2. Not seeing that anywhere else though.
Odell Beckham - WR - Giants

A source told ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan that it's "not out of the question" that Odell Beckham (ankle) "could miss a week or two of the regular season."

That would seem to be a worst-case scenario. Beckham took a big hit to the leg in Monday's second preseason game. Although he looked fine jogging back to the locker room after the game, OBJ was reportedly "very sore" on Tuesday. (That happens when the adrenaline wears off the next day.) Beckham won't play the final two preseason games. Week 1 against Dallas is the goal.

They are saying he will miss time, eh?

OBJ must of heard he was being mocked int he world and now the team is helping him do damage control by making up a fake injury?

Miss 1-2 weeks? The odds of him missing week 1 are the same odds I will become the Pope the same day. 

My fandom is really drifting away on this guy, and fast. I know he dont care about my fandom, but there are clearly many like me and advertisers will see stuff like this and think about if a soft guy who is being a diva with a history and is faking injuries is good for business. 

DJ

Bell

Brown

Julio

Evans

OBJ or even Green based of safety in redraft but after that it gets to the point where his talent still out weighs the risk and drama. 
Similar situation.  Sitting at 1.6 and with Elliott and Beckham I thought I was in good shape weeks ago. Now I'll be deciding between McCoy, Beckham, Evans.

OBJ must of heard he was being mocked int he world and now the team is helping him do damage control by making up a fake injury?

Miss 1-2 weeks? The odds of him missing week 1 are the same odds I will become the Pope the same day. 

My fandom is really drifting away on this guy, and fast. I know he dont care about my fandom, but there are clearly many like me and advertisers will see stuff like this and think about if a soft guy who is being a diva with a history and is faking injuries is good for business. 
You are greatly outnumbered by all the people that like him. At the high school I teach at in Detorit, Odell is far and away the most popular football player. Brady is the only other football player that comes close. 

Would you please not do this? You don't like him on a non-football level and that's fine but posts like these only pollute the thread for those of us who are here to talk football.

TIA

Similar situation.  Sitting at 1.6 and with Elliott and Beckham I thought I was in good shape weeks ago. Now I'll be deciding between McCoy, Beckham, Evans.
Pray that OBJ falls to you at 1.06. I'd haven't changed my rankings one bit because of the 'injury'.

You are greatly outnumbered by all the people that like him. At the high school I teach at in Detorit, Odell is far and away the most popular football player. Brady is the only other football player that comes close. 
These are the things that caused one to lose popularity, or used to be. Now it seems drama does get one liked. 

Pray that OBJ falls to you at 1.06. I'd haven't changed my rankings one bit because of the 'injury'.
I agree that OBJ ranking is unchanged by the injury.  "May miss a week or two"  with two weeks of preseason left is equal to "probable" on gameday.  Besides Evans and OBJ are almost interchangeable at that spot.  Why move Evans up only to have to move him back down again when he sneezes awkwardly and has a back spasm?  Waste of time right now.

I guess it's the age we live in of insanely instant gratification, but some guys adjust player values way more than necessary.  Injuries, trades, coach speak etc. can all affect a player's stats, but more often than not the amount of change isn't worth re ranking the guy.  Or maybe I'm just getting old, cranky and set in my ways.  

Would you please not do this? You don't like him on a non-football level and that's fine but posts like these only pollute the thread for those of us who are here to talk football.

TIA
Would you not do this and pollute the thread with your opinion of me when I am trying to discuss OBJ.

Him faking his injury is part of the discussion and if you read this thread you would see I am a fan, and an owner. 

His attitude is all part of the discussion. I am excellent to other members by board rule, I am not told to be excellent about players and their attitudes. Also, I hope to see you in the other threads getting on all other posters who dont like players.

Dont like my opinions, ignore me. 

TIA. 

Mavis said:
Why come in here with this nonsensical trolling in the bolded? Where are you a doctor at so you can tell us about injuries? 
Swing and a miss Mavis. Never claimed to be a medical expert,NOR did I claim to know what a hit from behind below the waist from an NFL player feels like.

The kid feared for his season and his livelihood after a tough hit that,and I'm guessing here,was painful.

I don't fault his reaction. He's a passionate player,sometimes it's misplaced I agree,but in this instance....no.

Because there has been no REAL news reports of him missing time. Because it'll be almost 3 weeks before his first game since the incident. Plus, if it were really serious do you think the medical staff is so bad that they wouldn't have had him walking around the sidelines in the second half without crutches or a walking boot?

These are the things that caused one to lose popularity, or used to be. Now it seems drama does get one liked. 
Most people don't see it that way. They see a guy that got hurt playing a brutal sport. Also, most fans didn't even see the game or pay any attention. They like Beckham for his football talent and his style. 

ESPN saying he may miss a game or two is just trying to make the news.

I'm with Mavis on this one.  No way in hell does that injury keep him out of playing week 1 - unless of course he pushes himself too hard and aggravates the injury.

ESPN saying he may miss a game or two is just trying to make the news.

I'm with Mavis on this one.  No way in hell does that injury keep him out of playing week 1 - unless of course he pushes himself too hard and aggravates the injury.
Someone asked him "do you think you'll be ready for Dallas" and he gave them a look like "you've got to be kidding me". 

I don't doubt he plays Week 1. But how many times have we seen receivers not look like themselves due to playing through foot/ankle injuries? Concerns me that it could linger and hamper him for a while and we'll have him in our lineups but it may not be quite the him we're hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread