What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (3 Viewers)

I don't doubt he plays Week 1. But how many times have we seen receivers not look like themselves due to playing through foot/ankle injuries? Concerns me that it could linger and hamper him for a while and we'll have him in our lineups but it may not be quite the him we're hoping for.
Possible decoy week one?

Where you guys seeing him drafted?

got 1.5 in less than an hour. Hoping Julio there but if not it could be Odell or Evans I guess...

Ugh. Ever WR/TE on my team other than Beckham plays either Thursday night or early Sunday.  Just checked my league's WW for possible guys I could pick up and plug in if he's ruled out later than that. Here are my best options from the Sunday night and MNF games: 

Dwayne Harris
Tavarres King
Jerell Adams

Noah Brown
Brice Butler

Brandon Coleman
Josh Hill

Jarius Wright

Dontrelle Inman

Jordan Taylor
Virgil Green
AJ Derby
:X

They are saying he will miss time, eh?

OBJ must of heard he was being mocked int he world and now the team is helping him do damage control by making up a fake injury?

Miss 1-2 weeks? The odds of him missing week 1 are the same odds I will become the Pope the same day. 

My fandom is really drifting away on this guy, and fast. I know he dont care about my fandom, but there are clearly many like me and advertisers will see stuff like this and think about if a soft guy who is being a diva with a history and is faking injuries is good for business. 
:lmao:  Thank you, this helped me immensely with my 1.05 decision tonight. 

:lmao:  Thank you, this helped me immensely with my 1.05 decision tonight. 
Only trying to help. I take your first post in two years as a sign of gratitude for said help.

As an OBJ owner, lets hope he performs his best through this terrible injury that made him hit the ground multiple times on his walk to the dressing room. 

He was on the bike Yesterday, I have a feeling he practices by Friday. 

Odell Beckham (ankle) officially did not practice Wednesday.

Coach Ben McAdoo said Beckham has yet to be cleared to play after injuring his ankle earlier in the preseason. On Wednesday, OBJ did some light jogging in warmups and then moved to side work with the training staff when team drills began. For now, we'd still bet on Beckham playing Sunday.

Source: Dianna Russini on Twitter

Sep 6 - 1:50 PM

According to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, Odell Beckham seemed "more hopeful than confident" that he'll play Week 1 against the Cowboys.

Beckham simply said he's day to day and doing everything he can to get ready. He officially didn't practice Wednesday, and coach Ben McAdoo said he's not yet cleared to play. McAdoo added if Beckham is cleared then he will play, but if he isn't then he'll be out. Simple as that. It seems 50-50 at this point. We'll learn more on Thursday and Friday heading into the weekend.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Sep 6 - 2:08 PM

So i got OBJ at 1.7 - LOOK AT ME ....

so now I get to be nervous about whether or not he plays. Gun to my head he plays, but ...

Worst part in Sunday night game.. so unless you have someone teed up for MNF ( at least there are 2 games this week)...

Anyone see the locker room interview w/ OBJ on NFLN yesterday? Reporters were baiting him for details on the ankle... OBJ playing along but hinted that it may be a high ankle sprain, although it was a lot of poking back at the questions.Did not seem his usual confident self regarding practicing/playing.

Once again, #Giants WR Odell Beckham (ankle) was officially listed as not participating in practice, leading up to the opener vs #Cowboys.

strongly leaning towards benching him at this point, despite the guy who's going to become the pope if he doesn't play week one.  

Currently have him in, but likely will put in Golden Tate or Sammy Watkins over him, can't decide.

The 8:30 start is what makes it tough. Unless you have one WR on MNF, out of luck for the dreaded game time decision.  I kind of regret not taking Evans, and getting his bye out of the way.

He will be riding my bench this week.  Will be starting Sterling Shepard instead. 

Kareem Hunt's huge night, will not cause me to second guess my decision to bench OBJ.

He will be riding my bench this week.  Will be starting Sterling Shepard instead. 

Kareem Hunt's huge night, will not cause me to second guess my decision to bench OBJ.
Same here. Feeling pretty safe after Hunt went off.  My bigger concern is the HAS affecting him the the rest of the season. 

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Odell Beckham (ankle) will travel with the team to Dallas ahead of Sunday night's matchup with the Cowboys.

It is a promising sign, but Beckham is still at best a game-time decision. In reality, his chances of suiting up may not even be that good. Sterling Shepard would stand to benefit the most if Beckham is forced to sit.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Don't like it but will have him in my lineup unless he doesn't play at all, have tyrell to replace him if needed
A lot based on gut here, but I have Marshall going in a couple of leagues (one where I have Beckham) and if I had Shepard and Beckham, I'd probably start Shepard.

A lot based on gut here, but I have Marshall going in a couple of leagues (one where I have Beckham) and if I had Shepard and Beckham, I'd probably start Shepard.

Yeah my next best option would be CJ Feidorwicz so figured tyrell would score close to what he would but this way I get the chance to play Odell if he comes out and is active. Will have a much harder week 1 then I thought a week ago with possibly having Odell and Evans on my bench

I had Julio that week he was just out there as a decoy.  Not going through that again. Like others in here I got a nice cushion with Hunt on Thursday so I can play it safe.

Good luck to all, this situation sucks.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports there is "real doubt" about Odell Beckham's (questionable, ankle) availability for Sunday night's Week 1 game against the Cowboys.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport issued a similar report, calling Odell a "long shot" for Sunday, though he did say the Giants have "more optimism today than Friday." The usual recovery for a high-ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks while Beckham is about three weeks removed from his injury. The decision on Beckham's status should come down to the wire, though fantasy owners should be prepared to be without him.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 10 - 8:01 AM

I have no one i can slide in for OBJ if determined he can't go. I'm erring on side of caution and am sitting. I think I have enough bullets to make up for it if he does play.

I have him and playing him 110%. I'm pretty shocked people are buying this after the dramatic act we saw after the "injury."

I'm fortunate to have Shepard to slide in, but I have 0 doubts that OBJ plays tonight. Locked and loaded ready for a big game.  

I have him and playing him 110%. I'm pretty shocked people are buying this after the dramatic act we saw after the "injury."

I'm fortunate to have Shepard to slide in, but I have 0 doubts that OBJ plays tonight. Locked and loaded ready for a big game.  
I thought the same way after the injury, that he was faking it. But now, I think he was just being a jackass and he's either not playing or will be a decoy. 

Dynasty league, my only other options at this point are Braxton Miller and Cooper Kupp.  I'm probably leaving him in and taking a 0 if necessary.  Would any of you sit him for Miller or Kupp?

...on the bright side I started Kareem Hunt on this team

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynasty league, my only other options at this point are Braxton Miller and Cooper Kupp.  I'm probably leaving him in and taking a 0 if necessary.  Would any of you sit him?

...at least I started Kareem Hunt on this team
I'm sitting him, playing Cooper instead.

Tex

Amari Cooper?  that's an easy call
To most people it might be. Cooper is a crapshoot, he may get 2 targets or he may get 8. Carr seems to love Crabby more especially in the red zone.

I have a few more options but on surface this seems to be an easy call but it's far from it.

Tex

He's playing (my opinion, not official).  Don't be fooled by these mind games by the Giants.  Injury wasn't that bad and I GUARANTEE he's playing tonight with no limitations.

so why do you have someone to "slide in"?

set it and forget it. 

Not going to chance it.  Starting McCaffrey over him in one league and picked up Brandon Coleman in several others as insurance.  I know he may play but I think McCaffrey is a good sub.  As far as the other leagues, if he plays, I play him, otherwise it is Coleman Monday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you stay at a Holiday inn last night, it would make me feel better
I'm not trying to brag but I'm pretty good at reading tea leaves.  Called Jamaal Charles making the team after the coach said he needed to play well in preseason week 3 to make team.  I actually think he'll have the better game tonight and for the season.  Called this OBJ injury as 'not that serious' minutes after it happened and all the drama since, including him sitting out practices and being doubtfull/GTD tonight, seems like obvious gamesmanship by the Giants to me.  I can't predict the future but the games seem obvious to me at least.  He's playing and he'll be involved heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread