What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (2 Viewers)

Is is too early to do a post-mortem on why the OBJ experiment in Cleveland has been a dismal failure?

is it the QB, coaching, the offensive scheme, did Beckham forget how to play football?  Is the AFC East a tougher division?

Is is too early to do a post-mortem on why the OBJ experiment in Cleveland has been a dismal failure?

is it the QB, coaching, the offensive scheme, did Beckham forget how to play football?  Is the AFC East a tougher division?
Went to what was supposed to be a better qb but instead was stuck with 2 bad ones in a row.

Will Chris Harris be shadowing him this weekend? 
I sat TY vs Denver last week and it was a good call. I’m sitting OBJ with his horrible QB vs Denver this week also. You probably have a better choice on the waivers if not someone on your bench. OBJ expected output I think is 3 catches 30 yards, and a frustrated shoving match or temper tantrum.

Hasn't OBJ been a good citizen this year? I don't remember any emotional (for lack of a better word) issues this year.
He has, and he's been playing well.  It's all conjecture from those who think they know who OBJ is and what he does.  If they've happened to watch the games, they'd see OBJ is an ideal teammate.  Running downfield and blocking and doing his part.  He hasn't been pouting or throwing temper tantrums.  He's looked relaxed in press conferences and has been an ideal teammate.  But why let facts get in the way of what the national media wants to push as a story?  They've been claiming he's unhappy and requesting to be traded every week for a month.  Why stop now?  SMH

He doesn't look as explosive as early on in his career.  Wonder if those left ankle injuries in 17' (ironically, one of them against the Browns in a pre-season game) took something from him.

He has, and he's been playing well.  It's all conjecture from those who think they know who OBJ is and what he does.  If they've happened to watch the games, they'd see OBJ is an ideal teammate.  Running downfield and blocking and doing his part.  He hasn't been pouting or throwing temper tantrums.  He's looked relaxed in press conferences and has been an ideal teammate.  But why let facts get in the way of what the national media wants to push as a story?  They've been claiming he's unhappy and requesting to be traded every week for a month.  Why stop now?  SMH
I don't agree about his quality of play this year. Yes, he attracts the attention of the defense, opening things up for others. He's been an asset as a blocker. And I completely agree about how he's carrying himself. But (I think) he's missed critical catches every week. I don't expect perfection, but I expect better than what he's done.

He doesn't look as explosive as early on in his career.  Wonder if those left ankle injuries in 17' (ironically, one of them against the Browns in a pre-season game) took something from him.
It’s hard to tell. He looked fast in that TD vs the Jets, but it seems like he is rarely getting the ball where the opportunity is there to break it into a big play. Bad coaching, bad QB play and bad o-line play are all part of the equation. 

So what's his value now in dynasty?  How much do you think you could get added on top of a promising young WR like Chark, Sutton, Moore?  A single 1st?  Two 1sts?

But (I think) he's missed critical catches every week. I don't expect perfection, but I expect better than what he's done.
Agreed.  He's performance is lower than expected.  I just hate hearing the narrative carried forward about him being a malcontent.  For performing below expectations, he's not throwing "fits" or being a sour####.

Agreed.  He's performance is lower than expected.  I just hate hearing the narrative carried forward about him being a malcontent.  For performing below expectations, he's not throwing "fits" or being a sour####.
Isn't any different than the silly, ignorant, and lazy takes out there on Baker. Low hanging fruit gonna get people looking for it though. 

Odell Beckham (groin) remained "limited" on Thursday.

Despite the "limited" tag, coach Freddie Kitchens said Beckham did what he needed to do at practice. Beckham has another tough matchup in Chris Harris' shadow coverage, but he's still an intriguing WR2 for Week 9 against the Broncos. Beckham has been inching closer toward breaking out.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:07 PM ET

You got all that from one comment that he “could” have a temper tantrum or shoving match? 😀

I never said he’s been difficult or upset. Frankly BECAUSE he’s been good, I believe there is a chance the powder keg explodes. Are you saying it’s never happened before? Or that it’s unreasonable to think it could happen based on his past? 😂 

Dude, don’t be offended by the thought that he could, I don’t know, punch a kicking net, or scream at a team mate, or......

You got all that from one comment that he “could” have a temper tantrum or shoving match? 😀

I never said he’s been difficult or upset. Frankly BECAUSE he’s been good, I believe there is a chance the powder keg explodes. Are you saying it’s never happened before? Or that it’s unreasonable to think it could happen based on his past? 😂 

Dude, don’t be offended by the thought that he could, I don’t know, punch a kicking net, or scream at a team mate, or......
throw his QB under the bus

Anybody notice he was literally wearing cleats with clowns on them? As in Cleveland Clowns before the NFL made him and  Landry change the non-sanctioned cleats at half time? What sh|t show Cleveland is but this nut job is cancer and doesn’t help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
James Palmer
@JamesPalmerTV
· 11h
“I can’t get the ball to save my life” - OBJ while walking off the field after that failed 4th down according to Jay Feeley.

“I can’t get the ball to save my life” - OBJ while walking off the field after that failed 4th down according to Jay Feeley.
Yeah, that could have been a TD if Baker saw him... Baker stinks :lol:   OBJ would be better off with Danny Dimes in NY.

Anybody notice he was literally wearing cleats with clowns on them? As in Cleveland Clowns before the NFL made him and  Landry change the non-sanctioned cleats at half time? What sh|t show Cleveland is but this nut job is cancer and doesn’t help. 
Wow wearing silly cleats what an absolute monster. Put this nut job in a psychiatric hospital.

Yeah, that could have been a TD if Baker saw him... Baker stinks :lol:   OBJ would be better off with Danny Dimes in NY.
Who would have thought that Beckham needs Eli Manning to make him relevant again?  Amazing how terrible Mayfield is. He may be the worst starter in the league.

He still looks like the best player on the field to me when they involve him. And he deserves a lot of credit for keeping his %#*t  together in this situation (I know, I know — ticking time bomb and so on). But if Kitchens is fired I wonder how that affects or doesn’t affect him for the next couple seasons. The Browns will try to salvage Mayfield under a new coach (and should try). But whether that can be done is a big question. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Odell Beckham hauled in 5-of-6 targets for 87 yards in Cleveland's Week 9 loss to the Broncos.

Beckham earned every yard he accounted for including plucking a high toss on a comeback route away from Chris Harris before turning upfield for a huge gain and stopping on a dime and cutting back a reception on a quick slant to sprint downhill for a 20-plus yard explosion. Still, Beckham hasn't recorded over six catches since Week 1 and is now staring down the barrel of an even tougher matchup against Tre'Davious White and Buffalo's secondary in Week 10. Plays like Baker Mayfield's missed wide-open shot to Beckham on fourth-and-4 along the sideline have proven costly for the soon-to-be 27-year-old since he's 'only' averaged 8.3 looks per game. He'll still check in as a borderline WR1 next week if only for his sheer athleticism and proven resume.

Nov 3, 2019, 9:16 PM ET

Yeah it's fun I guess, but when your team is scrounging for every bit of credibility it can salvage, it isn't a good look IMO.
The cleats are a nothing story.  OBJ hauled in 5 of the 6 targets yesterday and two of those catches were just him making plays on absolute garbage.  If he doesn't get 10+ targets a game the Browns are doing defenses a favor.  This current Browns offense is very reminiscent of the end of the NYG/Eli era.

Who would have thought that Beckham needs Eli Manning to make him relevant again?  Amazing how terrible Mayfield is. He may be the worst starter in the league.
Couple gentlemen here by the names of Mitchell and Mason would like a word with you...

Users who are viewing this thread