What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (2 Viewers)

No apology to Norman stands out to me.
The way Norman was treating him I don't think one is in order.
Purposely inflicting a helmet to helmet hit does call for one.
Football players rarely ever apologize to other players. Part of the game is to hit hard and knock the other guy down. The culture isn't sorry sir, it won't happen again.

The gems of the league can knock someone down and then help em' back up. That's good sportsmanship IMO and separating the play from the after part, but there's no apology.

I don't expect boxers or wrestlers to apologize and...there's a point where neither ODB nor Norman need to apologize to each other.

I've seen pro players say something was bush league and I shouldn't do that...that's fine.

I think what he said was good and is enough.

The Panthers did have bats pregame and Norman did so some extra horsepucky stuff. I stopped following this story after a bit. It'd be nice or "right" if someone from the Panthers said we were playing around with bats, sorry about that- it was to be homerun on D not intimidate, got taken wrong way etc.

But during the battle on the field- unless there's like a purposeful injury inflicted, geesh I think it's all part of the sport.

I hope ODB vs Norman becomes like Andre and Finnegan. I couldn't care less when they fought or shoved; showed me they were fired up and trying their best. Sometimes though it showed one lost their head and was about to get beat and then it bothered me.

Nothing wrong with battling
Great post (imo) The only thought that I had in addition to what you stated involved their next "playdate".. I could see the NFL news Team rehashing the "incident" w/ new camera angles etc. for the whole week leading up to the game.. But ya know what? I could also envision these guys swapping jerseys too.. They both can ball, and Im sure their both aware of their gifts from God..

Off Subject When I was younger... I used to really enjoy the celebrations (similar to wrestling signature moves) Im almost disappointed in fouls for "team celebrations", but I can agree that it makes sense.. However IF a guy wants to show some new dance or whatnot, Im happy to enjoy it, while the official waddles over for the ball. Honestly, I also like when some players just hand the ball to the Ref too.. Most players probably should just hand the ball over, when playing a OBJ celebration type player (imho) They aint gonna match or exceed too much of anything, and probably annoy some too

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
JuniorNB said:
Deamon said:
No one believes he wrote this, do they?
I'm sure he got to read what the Giants public relations guy wrote before it was released to the public.
clearly
I think its funny the whiney, cry baby media made such a big deal of it, demonized him and now are sitting around round tables critiquing his apology if it was politically correct enough?? Boy, they do anything for a story.....

It's amazing how bad they are without Beckham. They would be the worst team in the league getting blown out each week without him.

Question for those of us still in the heat of the battle for fantasy football titles in week 17, how well does OBJ perform in week 17 against the Eagles? One would think on paper that this is a great matchup and perhaps a statement game for him going into the off-season?

1. Great game - perhaps a couple scores and 100+ yards

2. Good game - perhaps one score and 80 yards.

3. Average game - perhaps 60-80 yards no score

4. Crappy game - perhaps 30-50 yards no score

5. No game - Coughlin pulls a send a message and sits him - heaven forbid.

Checking in to see if dirtyjay made it through the night. He was taking this really hard yesterday. Check in with us buddy.
Stay classy, Joon.
This guy has the nerve to call others trolls. OBJs suspension is the most excitement him and some Eagles fans have had all year.

OBJ exposed what Norman is and thats why Julio put it to Norman the following week. OBJ puts fear into the NFC East, thats why the suspension benefited the other teams in the East, it makes him easier to get suspended in the future. Also, I have better things to do then check a website for trolling humor on Christmas.

Question for those of us still in the heat of the battle for fantasy football titles in week 17, how well does OBJ perform in week 17 against the Eagles? One would think on paper that this is a great matchup and perhaps a statement game for him going into the off-season?

5. No game - Coughlin pulls a send a message and sits him - heaven forbid.
My guess is good to great. over 100 but only one score.

5. No game - Coughlin pulls a send a message and sits him - heaven forbid
Eagles are adrift in this last week - the Giants want to play for Tom.

Odell goes off (in a good way) this week.

OBJ is 9 catches, 140 yards and 1 TD away from breaking team single season records in those categories
Damn, he would have smashed it if he didn't get suspended.
Sorry I was wrong about the catches he needs 9 to get to 100.

The team record is 107 (Steve Smith). He would be only the 2nd Giant player to catch 100 passes.

He is tied for 1st in TD receptions with Homer Jones

Cruz holds the record for yards in a season with 1536. Odell has 1396

You are right though... if he wasn't suspended he would have broken all the records

And he shouldnt change, his attitude is what makes him the greatest WR in the history of the NFL through 2 years.
This has got to be sarcasm right?
Is it sarcasm that you think it's sarcasm?
It has to be, because nothing I said was sarcastic. Why change what made you so great? Just because others dont like it? :crazy:

dirtyjay said:
It has to be, because nothing I said was sarcastic. Why change what made you so great? Just because others dont like it? :crazy:
He is a great WR because he runs great routes, is extremely quick & has very large/excellent hands. His "passion" doesn't help him catch balls or get open.

dirtyjay said:
Jed said:
georg013 said:
dirtyjay said:
Faust said:
And he shouldnt change, his attitude is what makes him the greatest WR in the history of the NFL through 2 years.
This has got to be sarcasm right?
Is it sarcasm that you think it's sarcasm?
What the hell are you guys talking about? Cant I just get a straight answer around here without everyone trying to be a ####### comedian? SMH @ this thread. Its become total crap. Im out.

dirtyjay said:
He is a great WR because he runs great routes, is extremely quick & has very large/excellent hands. His "passion" doesn't help him catch balls or get open.
That is in part exactly what helps him catch balls going over the middle, his passion and his heart. He is relentless. His passion keeps him dedicated. Lack of passion is a problem.

dirtyjay said:
That is in part exactly what helps him catch balls going over the middle, his passion and his heart. He is relentless. His passion keeps him dedicated. Lack of passion is a problem.
I'll just say no. Because it's impossible to argue with a narrative that could never even be measured. Please do not confuse talent & preparation with acting like a spoiled child on the field.

dirtyjay said:
I'll just say no. Because it's impossible to argue with a narrative that could never even be measured. Please do not confuse talent & preparation with acting like a spoiled child on the field.
Its a package deal, the same attitude with TO is what made him so great. Certain players need certain swagger to play. Chad Johnson was the same way.

passion has nothing to do with his childish behavior in the game against the Panthers.

12 games in Beckham has 78 - 1154 -10...(on pace for 104-1784-13). Last year in the 12 games he played as a rookie he ended up with 91-1305-12.

Even with the slight regression he's essentially tied (in my standard league) for the #1 wr in the NFL. I guess the NFL defenses forgot watch film to shut him down.
Actually on pace for 104/1535/13 - just a little higher than I projected him and he faces the Panthers and Vikings soon.
Minnesota is 11th in the league in FF points given up to WRs (.5 PPR). Looking at just the past 3 weeks they are 22nd, after getting torched by James Jones and Doug Baldwin. Not too worried about that matchup.

Your preseason projection of 90/1300/12 is about 15% less than his current pace on both catches and yards.
Ended with 96/1450/13.

@TomRoc_Newsday 

Trainers swarm OBJ after he gets tangled up w Jenkins on deep pass and seems to injure left leg. Looks like low leg, ankle. 

Then Schefter retweets a video of ODB running off field. 

Mcadoo says he got "cleated" and will be sore for a day or two. I won't be happy until I see it but we can at least exhale a little

Users who are viewing this thread