What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I No Longer Have Any Compassion For Palestinians (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
So it's really that simple - change your belief in one imaginary deity to another (or pretend to) and your problems are over? Sorry, but I can't sympathize with these people anymore.

Palestinian imprisoned in Israel converts to Judaism, to join the Israeli military

Yaniv Eliasaf

By: Shifra Unger

(Scroll down for video) In a truly amazing turnaround, a Palestinian man, who was imprisoned in Israel on terror related charges, converted to Judaism, and is now ready to join the Israeli military.

This is probably a story that can happen only in Israel. The Palestinian converted to Judaism, joined the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, received Israeli citizenship, and wants to join the Israeli Army. The former Palestinian, married a Jewish woman, and studies in a yeshiva in Jerusalem, Israel. Today he said: "Thank God I'm a Jew. I wake up every morning and bless God for that."

Yaniv Eliasaf, was born as Boosman, in a Palestinian city near Nablus. He spent 11 years in an Israeli prison. When he was released, he burst into tears because he had nowhere to go. He wrapped himself in a prayer shawl and put a skullcap on his head, because during his imprisonment he converted to Judaism. The danger of death hovered over him, because his fellow Palestinians considered him as a collaborator with Israel, and in Israel he was Palestinian.

Two years ago, when the checkpoint Brigadier General learned of Yaniv, he was granted entry into Israel. For the past two years he has lived in Israel with temporary status, he works odd jobs and deals mainly with the study of Torah. He seeks to establish his home in Israel, and he wants full citizenship.

He said that he is ready to join the army, and if they sent him to Nablus, his birthplace, he will fulfill all orders. A few months ago, he returned to Nablus as a Jew, and went to Joseph's Tomb. Yaniv's story is almost unbelievable. This story teaches more than anything the complexities of life in Israel and Palestine.

This is an amazing heartwarming story, as this man went from a person that sought to destroy as many Jews as possible to a practicing Jew. Not only that, he will soon join the Israeli Army and fight against his former brothers, very inspiring, Larry Brown, 61, of Dallas, Texas told YourJewishNews.com after learning about Yaniv.

I don't understand. One dude seems to sincerely change his religion and why does that project upon the entire ethnic race?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's to say this isn't a trick. Get in their military then really do some harm to Israel.

I no longer have compassion for either side.

Both sides needs to eat a few holy cows and get peace settled.

Likely neither side has the political will to do so.

I don't understand how anyone who knows anything about this subject cannot have great sympathy for Palestinians. For nearly 70 years they have been misled and mistreated by their own leaders, by the Arab world, and yes, by Israel as well, with our complicity.

i would think people who have lost relatives in this long and pointless conflict would have a hard time feeling sympathetic. that's probably why this won't end until we as a species find something better to concentrate on than our own wants and desires.

A nice step would be for Israel to stop constructing new homes in certain areas.

i would think people who have lost relatives in this long and pointless conflict would have a hard time feeling sympathetic. that's probably why this won't end until we as a species find something better to concentrate on than our own wants and desires.
Not true. Did we not forgive the Germans after they attacked Pearl Harbor?

I don't understand how anyone who knows anything about this subject cannot have great sympathy for Palestinians. For nearly 70 years they have been misled and mistreated by their own leaders, by the Arab world, and yes, by Israel as well, with our complicity.
Yes, they have, but if it's that easy to join the group they are complaining about then they are just being stupid.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

A nice step would be for Israel to stop constructing new homes in certain areas.
Making a laundry list of stupid stances either side sticks to would be a lengthy endeavour.

No political will.

Good grief, you even have jewish guilt! What a mess!

No, a nice step would be for the entire world to be muslim. Even then they would find something else to b#### and moan about. Its in their DNA....

Yes, they have, but if it's that easy to join the group they are complaining about then they are just being stupid.

This is one guy though right? Palestinians, as a whole, HAVE been stupid and continue to act stupid. I don't see why this should negate compassion.

Making a laundry list of stupid stances either side sticks to would be a lengthy endeavour.

No political will.
Or too much political will. You're 100% correct in that there are no innocent political parties in this situation.

Did you have sympathy for them before you heard about this story? Did you feel they had legitimate complaints against Israel?

This is one guy though right?Palestinians, as a whole, HAVE been stupid and continue to act stupid. I don't see why this should negate compassion.
I have no compassion for people who complain about their lot in life when the opportunity to change it is right in front of them.

Good grief, you even have jewish guilt! What a mess!
Its not guilt to state the truth.
Keep in mind you are siding with a people who thinks its cute to stone their daughters and wives when they are raped by men. These are people who behead human beings for being a different religion. I dont see many Jewish people in Isreal doing that to its family members and citizens....You better check yo self, before you wreck yo self! Blouses....

Did you have sympathy for them before you heard about this story? Did you feel they had legitimate complaints against Israel?
Yes, they have legitimate complaints but had I known how easy it was for them to stop being mistreated I would have been a lot less sympathetic.

I don't understand. One dude seems to sincerely change his religion and why does that project upon the entire ethnic race?
And now he's going back to the fighting again. Doesn't seem like anything changed.
Even with everything Israel has done wrong (and it's a lot), you still can't equate the IDF to Palestinian terrorists.
I wasn't equating them. I'm talking about a single soldier who's "seen the light" and is just going to back in and start shooting again. Very likely in an unjustified maneuver. Then again, I see a much smaller difference between the IDF and the Palestinians. It's not like food blockades only keep the soldiers hungry, or treaties keep Palestinians from having their houses bulldozed in an area they negotiated as safe. The IDF has the full backing of the Israeli government and international support to the point that any nation that opposes them is condemned as anti-Semitic, even when it's a just reason to do so, like destroying homes to build settlements. The IDF is also twenty times or more ahead of the Palestinians in weapons availability, technology and power. None of this makes the Palestinians "right" to do what they do, but it does make the "Palestinians are worse" argument pretty flaccid.

So just being clear here: you no longer feel sympathy for children who are killed by Isreali gunfire and rockets?

You want peace? It's pretty simple:

1. The Palestinians have to renounce terrorism, recognize Israel's right to exist, give up the demanded "Right of Return", and accept a Jerusalem governed by Israel but which allows for free passage to and from the holy sites.

2. Israel must end the occupation of the West Bank and the part of Gaza still being occupied, remove all of the settlements built in the last several years, give up the notion of a "Greater Israel", allow for a Palestinian State in Gaza and the West Bank with uninhibited passage between, or otherwise 2 Palestinian states, grant true and total equality of citizenship to Palestinians already in Israel, and allow free passage of Palestinians to and from their holy sites in Jerusalem.

That should about do it.

Yes, they have legitimate complaints but had I known how easy it was for them to stop being mistreated I would have been a lot less sympathetic.
Well, then the logical implication is that Israel is mistreating them based solely on their belief in the wrong imaginary friend. Even in this overly-simplified scenario, the Palestinians still seem like the more sympathetic party.

1. The Palestinians have to renounce terrorism, recognize Israel's right to exist, give up the demanded "Right of Return", and accept a Jerusalem governed by Israel but which allows for free passage to and from the holy sites.

2. Israel must end the occupation of the West Bank and the part of Gaza still being occupied, remove all of the settlements built in the last several years, give up the notion of a "Greater Israel", allow for a Palestinian State in Gaza and the West Bank with uninhibited passage between, or otherwise 2 Palestinian states, grant true and total equality of citizenship to Palestinians already in Israel, and allow free passage of Palestinians to and from their holy sites in Jerusalem.

That should about do it.
:lmao: Clearly the Palestinians are worse!

So just being clear here: you no longer feel sympathy for children who are killed by Isreali gunfire and rockets?
How about the kids sitting in a cafe in Isreal who get blown up by a suicide bomber? Or we giving suicide bombers a free pass now?

That should about do it.
Or the Jews in Israel, can pack up and move to New York or South Florida. :shrug:

How about the kids sitting in a cafe in Isreal who get blown up by a suicide bomber? Or we giving suicide bombers a free pass now?
Other than your own mind, where does he say it's an either/or scenario?

LinusMarr said:
Clifford said:
cstu said:
timschochet said:

When was the last time that happened? More curious than anything.

timschochet said:

That should about do it.
Seems reasonable. What about giving the Palestinians governance of Jerusalem with free passage to the Jewish sites?

I always find it amusing to see liberals who have the palestinians/muslims back. They are the grand poo-bah of intolerance. They make the white southerner look like he is in the pee wee league of "intolerance". Dont think that irony hasnt escaped me.....

mad sweeney said:
timschochet said:

That should about do it.
I don't think the Palestinians, as a whole, are worse, or better. They are a people with good points and bad points like any other. What I wrote is that Palestinian terrorism is worse than what the IDF does. Terrorism is demonstrably evil. There is nothing good about it and there can be no justification for it. Any time innocent people are killed, that is an unjust and awful result, but terrorism and state sponsored genocide are the only forms of organized violence known to mankind which deliberately target innocent people and kill them just for the sake of killing them.

Sinn Fein said:
timschochet said:

That should about do it.
Or the Jews in Israel, can pack up and move to New York or South Florida. :shrug:
Your anti-Senetic solution is as unworkable as it is repugnant. But thanks for trying.

I always find it amusing to see liberals who have the palestinians/muslims back. They are the grand poo-bah of intolerance. They make the white southerner look like he is in the pee wee league of "intolerance". Dont think that irony hasnt escaped me.....
What's the difference in tolerance between Muslims and Israelis? Further, why is having sympathy for Palestinians in general a) automatically mean that it's also support for the terrorist actions and b) negates the possibility of also supporting Israel, in general, for peaceful solution? Don't worry, we know you see black and white on all the issues and it's either/or for just about everything in your mind. Plus, on b/w issues you'll always side against the one closer to black.

timschochet said:

That should about do it.
Seems reasonable. What about giving the Palestinians governance of Jerusalem with free passage to the Jewish sites?
The Israelis conquered Jerusalrm by force of arms. Rightly or wrongly, it's unrealistic to believe they will ever give that up. In addition, during the 19 years that Jordan controlled the Old City of Jerusalem, Israelis were not allowed free passage. In the 47 years since, Israel has been much more open in allowing free passage for Muslims, though not 100%.

mad sweeney said:
timschochet said:

That should about do it.
I don't think the Palestinians, as a whole, are worse, or better. They are a people with good points and bad points like any other.What I wrote is that Palestinian terrorism is worse than what the IDF does. Terrorism is demonstrably evil. There is nothing good about it and there can be no justification for it. Any time innocent people are killed, that is an unjust and awful result, but terrorism and state sponsored genocide are the only forms of organized violence known to mankind which deliberately target innocent people and kill them just for the sake of killing them.
State sponsored genocide eh, sort of like a government choking an entire people to death with one hand and continually encroaching more and more into their land with the other? What's the difference between a slow death by extreme poverty, displaced homelessness and starvation versus a rocket attack, other than of course that one is official sanctioned throughout all levels of government?

What's the difference in tolerance between Muslims and Israelis? Further, why is having sympathy for Palestinians in general a) automatically mean that it's also support for the terrorist actions and b) negates the possibility of also supporting Israel, in general, for peaceful solution? Don't worry, we know you see black and white on all the issues and it's either/or for just about everything in your mind. Plus, on b/w issues you'll always side against the one closer to black.
No i side with the group who is trying to live peacefully and doesnt stone and behead people like animals. Isreal isnt trying to run the palenstines out, Palenstine is the aggressor in this, not sure how any reasonable person can see it any differently?

No i side with the group who is trying to live peacefully and doesnt stone and beheads people like animals. Isreal isnt trying to run the palenstines out, Palenstine is the aggressor in this, not sure how any reasonable person can see it any differently?
Are you asking or saying that last sentence? You seem to have an issue with putting question marks on statements and that weakens your perceived notion of what you're saying.

Both sides are the aggressors. There's zero evidence whatsoever that Israel is trying to live peacefully and isn't trying to run the Palestinians out. In fact, there's pretty much weekly proof that the opposite is true.

Users who are viewing this thread