Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Steelers, I'd say the fact that Ben keeps going to him.

Buy Low

Sure is a lot of Landry vs Diggs discussion in a Moncrief thread.

Is moncrief even out there on three wr sets? Maybe I'm wrong but looks like TY AJ and dorsett

They mix Dorsett in occasionally. A lot of times they use Moncrief and TY in 2 WR sets as well.

Edited by Jrodicus

What a bummer, especially if this game means the 34 year old is finally getting comfortable in offense

Classic "feed the ball to the player seeking revenge upon his old franchise" game that happens at least once a year. Back to normal programming next week.

• Like 1

11 catches for 110 yards in past 3 games

Moncrief is now droppable in all formats

Averaged nine targets and scored in all three games with Luck at QB. He remains a WR2.

No. He's a 3 at best

Weren't smart enough to bench him tonight? We will see when Luck gets back.

I think it was obvious he was a must sit to me anyways. Assuming you had other options. With a gimpy Luck, the back up spending 2 days in the hospital on a short week and a road game had all indications of a slow/down game for the WRs. A risk I didnt want to take. Monty did ok with Beck last week but I picked up Hurns this week to play over him. I think Monty will be fine going fwd but last night's outing wasnt a surprise to me.

Edited by Markus P Dub

Averaged nine targets and scored in all three games with Luck at QB. He remains a WR2.

No. He's a 3 at best
Do these snarly and asinine comments make people feel somehow better about themselves?

Not smart enough to not look petty on a message board are we?

Seriously, let's have some damned respect for one another - at least those who don't act like jackasses and fools.

FWIW, anyone stupid enough to dismiss a guy after his first full dud shouldn't be calling out anyone as anything. Guess you must make ALL the right moves there in your little world, eh?

Carry on kids.

Edited by Koya

Buy now.

I've been firmly on board that Hilton is still the #1, and will be for a while, but I'm a believer in Moncrief in the long run. He'll be back when Luck is back. I think he has a shot to be 1B to Hilton's 1A by year's end. I'm with ROYAL here - buy now.

• Like 1

No. He's a 3 at best
Do these snarly and asinine comments make people feel somehow better about themselves?

Not smart enough to now look petty on a message board are we?

Seriously, let's have some damned respect for one another - at least those who don't act like jackasses and fools.

FWIW, anyone stupid enough to dismiss a guy after his first full dud shouldn't be calling out anyone as anything. Guess you must make ALL the right moves there in your little world, eh?

Carry on kids.

Ya re-read the posts. Moncrief is a must start guy with Luck.Tons of people posted about benching him in this game if you had a decent option. Obviously no one claimed to make all the right moves, no need for the soap box.

I was just offered Moncrief for Kendall Wright. the other owner was very disappointed last night.

Don't do it ... Wright the #1 target and has already had his bye

Moncrief is now the 3A with 3B - Allen and 3C - Fleener ... Behind Hilton - 1 and AJ - 2

I was just offered Moncrief for Kendall Wright. the other owner was very disappointed last night.

Moncrief is now the 3A with 3B - Allen and 3C - Fleener ... Behind Hilton - 1 and AJ - 2

You don't think Johnson's game last night was more about his homecoming?

Moncrief was very good with Luck in there.

I can't help but think he returns to the wr2 when Luck returns.

Moncrief was very good with Luck in there.

I can't help but think he returns to the wr2 when Luck returns.

He's either trolling or I want in his league

• Like 1

:wall:

pathetic

Disappointing for sure, but not panicking. He had one nice catch that was negated due to penalty. Then was also targeted on a fade route in the end zone where the CB made a nice play to pick the pass of (ended up negated due to a defensive holding against Moncreif). Think the Colts wanted Johnson to have his FU game against the Texans. Johnson looked like he played more last night than he did the last 3 weeks.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells said Donte Moncrief is "on his way to being the No. 2 receiver."

Moncrief was quiet during Andre Johnson's breakout last week, but Wells thinks Andrew Luck's (shoulder) return should be good for Moncrief. "He’s developed that relationship with Luck where he’s comfortable and he doesn’t hesitate going to him," Wells said. "Last year as a rookie, he had some concerns about drops. But Luck obviously has trust with him now." Moncrief should carry more value than Johnson the rest of the season, and he is a solid WR3 this week against New England.

Source: ESPN

Oct 17 - 12:04 PM