Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Steelers, I'd say the fact that Ben keeps going to him.

Buy Low

Sure is a lot of Landry vs Diggs discussion in a Moncrief thread.

After 3 targets last week, anyone rolling with him this week vs. NE?

I'm firing him up as a WR3 in one league, and don't have any hesitation really.

This looks to be a shootout vs NE, and I am playing as many pieces in that game as I can.

TZM

Dude has been a savior for me. Im not strong at WR by any means, but he'll be in my lineup every week

He's been great for me. Lost Dez and then Adams being banged up hasn't helped either. Moncrief has been well worth the price I paid for him.

• 2 weeks later...

If Hilton is out, does that change anyone's calculation with Moncrief this week? I was planning on sitting him for Matthews and Stevie based on the match-up, but if he's the WR1 I at least have to consider starting him.

If Hilton is out, does that change anyone's calculation with Moncrief this week? I was planning on sitting him for Matthews and Stevie based on the match-up, but if he's the WR1 I at least have to consider starting him.

I don't see it the same way. Stevie looks a lot better against the bears with allen out. The Denver D is legit. Cobb and Rodgers(and basically everyone) were completely nullified.

Edited by Loipz

I don't see it the same way. Stevie looks a lot better against the bears with allen out. The Denver D is legit. Cobb and Rodgers(and basically everyone) were completely nullified.

It hasn't been done here yet but I heard on the radio that the Broncos D is outperforming the Seattle D from a couple years ago. Sounds too good and believable to check.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

It hasn't been done here yet but I heard on the radio that the Broncos D is outperforming the Seattle D from a couple years ago. Sounds too good and believable to check.

It is a great comparison at the very least. They're fun to watch.

Moncrief is due for a big game. He's been a bit stifled for a month or so. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be this week. And then there is the bye. In redraft he won't have much value until the Falcons game. From there, it's pretty much smooth sailing.

The problem I've got is I need him to cover bye weeks the next two weeks. I have a hard time just hanging onto him for that purpose. I expect Luck to get do poorly this week. I might actually just take the zero next week.

Yeah, should have mentioned that my choice is between Moncrief and Matthews. Will probably stick with Matthews, but I will at least be paying attention. Also, while I love Hilton as a player and wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, keep in mind that foot sprains can be very tricky, so there's definitely a possibility that he misses awhile and Moncrief benefits.

If Hilton is out I don't know if the Colts will give Moncrief his role which would mean moving inside in 3-WR sets. If that happened than Moncrief would see Harris on those plays. If he stays outside entirely he'll see Talib consistently if Hilton is out.

Either way, I can't see how Hilton being out would help Moncrief at all this week. Just best to avoid him. I think he's a fine talent but like I said before there isn't a single legit reason to start him against this defense. Maybe if Luck was playing at an MVP level and carving up defenses I'd do it but that clearly isn't happening.

Moncrief is sitting comfortably on my bench. I'm starting Whitten at flex instead.

Antonio Andrews for me. Anything is possible but on paper I can't find a single reason why to even consider Moncrief as a reach. Horrible matchup with or without Hilton.

My choice is Allen Robinson against the Jets or Moncrief against Denver lol. Going with robinson.....

Moncrief is sitting comfortably on my bench. I'm starting Whitten at flex instead.

Antonio Andrews for me. Anything is possible but on paper I can't find a single reason why to even consider Moncrief as a reach. Horrible matchup with or without Hilton.

My choice is Allen Robinson against the Jets or Moncrief against Denver lol. Going with robinson.....

If it makes you feel any better, the Jets have largely moved away from their old "Revis Island" approach. You can't just assume he'll lock on to Robinson and shut him down while Hurns runs free against Cromartie. So I think you're making the right call there.

If it makes you feel any better, the Jets have largely moved away from their old "Revis Island" approach. You can't just assume he'll lock on to Robinson and shut him down while Hurns runs free against Cromartie. So I think you're making the right call there.

Wasn't revis on Cooper most of last week while crabtree ended up having a good day?

Price check on this guy in redraft or dynasty? He's had a couple of tough matchups lately but seems more boom/bust than some other players in his approximate value range, e.g. A-Rob, Landry, J. Brown and not someone you can rely on as more than a WR3 with upside at this point. Is this a good time to buy, especially in dynasty/keeper formats?

The funny thing is if you had said before the game that he'd put up crappy numbers, we would all have just shrugged and said, "Denver". But considering that Luck and Hilton both looked pretty good, it's much more of a disappointment.

Not sure what to make of him. Even worse, I may have to start him. With Lewis gone for the year, it will be between him and Hill for my flex going forward.

• Like 1

The funny thing is if you had said before the game that he'd put up crappy numbers, we would all have just shrugged and said, "Denver". But considering that Luck and Hilton both looked pretty good, it's much more of a disappointment.

Not sure what to make of him. Even worse, I may have to start him. With Lewis gone for the year, it will be between him and Hill for my flex going forward.

I still say "Denver." I don't think he's as talented as Hilton and really the passing game was all about Hilton (who's really really good) and Whalen (probably because the Broncos were daring Luck to throw to him all day). Everybody else got shut down as expected. The good news about the last two games is in each one Luck has taken deep shots to Moncrief for possible TDs that needed great plays from the DBs to be broken up. Take those shots against some bad defenses (and the Colts see a whole bunch of them the rest of the way) and I think Moncrief gets back on the TD horse he was riding before Week 8.

His value is likely going to be down based on the last two games and the fact he's on a bye this week. I think now is the ideal time to get him if you can.

Benched him for Woods yesterday which didn't turn out well. No way I'd let him go though, the closing schedule looks great and hopefully Luck continues to improve. Should be a pretty handy potential flex option at the business end of the season

Traded him for Lacy/Starks since I had a WR to spare and I can sit them until the RB situation is figured out in GB. Playoff lotto tickets.

Bummed to see him go as he was one of my favorite WW steals in a few seasons. I think he'll be just fine for y'all rest of the way. Had a couple down games while the Colts are getting reorganized but he's one of Luck's most trusted targets no matter what, even with an OC change. I think both those things will only result in the same production you were seeing during his peak earlier this season. Colts have a good schedule and are going to push to secure a playoff spot.

I might be able to acquire Moncrief from a guy with Week 10 bye issues.

Do you think he's an upgrade over Jordan Matthews or Davante Adams?

Do you want 8-10 targets a week from Aaron Rodgers or Matt Hasselbeck?

Wasn't aware of Luck's status when I posted that.

• 3 weeks later...