Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Steelers, I'd say the fact that Ben keeps going to him.

Buy Low

Sure is a lot of Landry vs Diggs discussion in a Moncrief thread.

6 minutes ago, ATB said:

Droppable?

5 minutes ago, spider321 said:

I wouldn't.

Could be over a month and then he'll have to get back in game shape... 

Maybe I'm in a rare position of having to hold onto Bell, Brady, Gordon, Watkins, Moncrief and AP...

So I need the space. 

Edited by ATB
2 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Definitely no.....unless your team is STACKED.

I have Evans, Watkins, DT, Benjamin, Gordon and Moncrief.  

But as listed above, I'm hurting at RB and already holding some suspended players. 

20 minutes ago, ATB said:

Could be over a month and then he'll have to get back in game shape... 

Maybe I'm in a rare position of having to hold onto Bell, Brady, Gordon, Watkins, Moncrief and AP...

So I need the space. 

If I were you, I might be more concerned about Watkins than Moncrief.

...and AP Is definitely droppable if you're playing redraft.  Probably dynasty, too.

Edited by spider321
Just now, spider321 said:

If I were you, I might be more concerned about Watkins than Moncrief.

Definitely am, but can't get good trade value until he has a good game and I'm certainly not dropping him if he's gonna be on the field. 

8 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Gonna cut. Four to six weeks broken collarbone those things break again easily think charles rogers. Tony romo etc.....

I would hold. 6 weeks isn't that bad, and on the plus side you'll have a top WR coming back. 

While it sucks to lose him for 6 weeks, cutting him would be silly IMO. You're giving someone in your league a 4th-5th round player for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I would hold. 6 weeks isn't that bad, and on the plus side you'll have a top WR coming back. 

While it sucks to lose him for 6 weeks, cutting him would be silly IMO. You're giving someone in your league a 4th-5th round player for nothing. 

Hes toast buddy. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LittlePhatty said:

I would certainly guess Dorsett's targets will increase, but will he really be filling Moncrief's role? Dorsett is 4" shorter and 40 lbs lighter, and listed behind TY on the depth chart, not behind Moncrief.

Is the alternative Quan Bray, 5'10, 185?  Give me Dorsett all day . . .

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

In all.seriousness. i highly suspect his effectiveness coming back from This injury this season.

Serious question - Why?

It's not like he can't start running again soon to stay in shape.

Plus, the refs throw a flag when the DB's look at a receiver wrong these days.(i.e. Receivers don't have to be as physical with the modern rules)

Edited by spider321
24 minutes ago, Dave Stauff said:

Is the alternative Quan Bray, 5'10, 185?  Give me Dorsett all day . . .

I have no idea, that's why I asked the question. I agree Dorsett is the fantasy beneficiary, was just wondering if he steps into the same exact role that Moncrief had, runs the same routes on the same plays, etc. 

I just traded for him, what's your take? 

Moncrief+2.07 for Marvin+CMike+Howard

Edited by BostonRob

I am holding and as we approach his return date, I might try to see if he can be packaged into a trade. I think holding for 3 weeks could get some return as opposed to outright dropping him and getting nothing. I might regret it as I am also stuck doing the same with Sammy. 

In Redraft I simply cut him. It's gonna be a month before he can move and another month before he is probably 90-95% back, he won't be 100% until he has the off season to recover. Broken shoulder blade for a WR, no thank you. 

We can carry 6 WRs, too many names on the WW that could help me right now. 

• Like 3
On 9/24/2016 at 6:29 AM, Ilov80s said:

I am holding and as we approach his return date, I might try to see if he can be packaged into a trade. I think holding for 3 weeks could get some return as opposed to outright dropping him and getting nothing. I might regret it as I am also stuck doing the same with Sammy. 

I am dropping Watkins next week. Moncrief was surprisingly dropped this week.

How much FAAB do you think Moncrief is worth in a 12-team PPR, assuming he's back by Week 8?

1 minute ago, Zero RB said:

I am dropping Watkins next week. Moncrief was surprisingly dropped this week.

How much FAAB do you think Moncrief is worth in a 12-team PPR, assuming he's back by Week 8?

Oh god. As a jaded owner of Moncrief, Gordon and Sammy, I'm not the best person to ask. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

All of it. 

He should be back week 6-7. 8-9 = worst case. 

I like the aggressive call, but FAAB bidding is the only way to add free agents in this league. 

That would leave me no money with nine weeks to go. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zero RB said:

I like the aggressive call, but FAAB bidding is the only way to add free agents in this league. 

Agree, that'd be ridiculous. 

I don't think it would cost much, chances are most won't be bidding alot due to him bring out at least a couple more weeks

3 hours ago, Zero RB said:

Uh, yeah - I was exaggerating slightly for effect. The message was "be aggressive, Moncrief should never have been dropped - he's a high ceiling legit WR2/WR1 upon his return and he didn't tear up a knee or anything."

I would realistically bid ~30% of my bankroll to obtain him were I you. 

But since this isn't the Assistant Coach forum, I thought it wasn't really the appropriate forum to be offering this kind of advice, so instead I just posted something to emphasize the importance of adding him with brevity and mirth. ;) 

also its Friday and that all might be the beer talking. 

2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Agree, that'd be ridiculous. 

I don't think it would cost much, chances are most won't be bidding alot due to him bring out at least a couple more weeks

lighten up, Francis. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

What was the exact nature of the injury? He was also dropped in my league and i am thnking of dropping decker for him.  Concerned over decker's tear.

Broken scapula. Bones mend. Unless it's Tony Romo. 

• Like 1