What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief: Draft Day steal (2 Viewers)

I would certainly guess Dorsett's targets will increase, but will he really be filling Moncrief's role? Dorsett is 4" shorter and 40 lbs lighter, and listed behind TY on the depth chart, not behind Moncrief.

Could be over a month and then he'll have to get back in game shape... 

Maybe I'm in a rare position of having to hold onto Bell, Brady, Gordon, Watkins, Moncrief and AP...

So I need the space. 
If I were you, I might be more concerned about Watkins than Moncrief.

...and AP Is definitely droppable if you're playing redraft.  Probably dynasty, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna cut. Four to six weeks broken collarbone those things break again easily think charles rogers. Tony romo etc.....
I would hold. 6 weeks isn't that bad, and on the plus side you'll have a top WR coming back. 

While it sucks to lose him for 6 weeks, cutting him would be silly IMO. You're giving someone in your league a 4th-5th round player for nothing. 

the worst thing about the injury is I was really excited about seeing him make "the leap" this year and now we have to wait 6 more weeks and who knows how effective he will be when he comes back.

I would certainly guess Dorsett's targets will increase, but will he really be filling Moncrief's role? Dorsett is 4" shorter and 40 lbs lighter, and listed behind TY on the depth chart, not behind Moncrief.
Is the alternative Quan Bray, 5'10, 185?  Give me Dorsett all day . . .

In all.seriousness. i highly suspect his effectiveness coming back from This injury this season.
Serious question - Why?

It's not like he can't start running again soon to stay in shape.

Plus, the refs throw a flag when the DB's look at a receiver wrong these days.(i.e. Receivers don't have to be as physical with the modern rules)

Is the alternative Quan Bray, 5'10, 185?  Give me Dorsett all day . . .
I have no idea, that's why I asked the question. I agree Dorsett is the fantasy beneficiary, was just wondering if he steps into the same exact role that Moncrief had, runs the same routes on the same plays, etc. 

I just traded for him, what's your take? 

Moncrief+2.07 for Marvin+CMike+Howard

I am holding and as we approach his return date, I might try to see if he can be packaged into a trade. I think holding for 3 weeks could get some return as opposed to outright dropping him and getting nothing. I might regret it as I am also stuck doing the same with Sammy. 

I am holding and as we approach his return date, I might try to see if he can be packaged into a trade. I think holding for 3 weeks could get some return as opposed to outright dropping him and getting nothing. I might regret it as I am also stuck doing the same with Sammy. 
I am dropping Watkins next week. Moncrief was surprisingly dropped this week.

How much FAAB do you think Moncrief is worth in a 12-team PPR, assuming he's back by Week 8?

I am dropping Watkins next week. Moncrief was surprisingly dropped this week.

How much FAAB do you think Moncrief is worth in a 12-team PPR, assuming he's back by Week 8?
Oh god. As a jaded owner of Moncrief, Gordon and Sammy, I'm not the best person to ask. 

I like the aggressive call, but FAAB bidding is the only way to add free agents in this league. 

That would leave me no money with nine weeks to go. 
Agree, that'd be ridiculous. 

I don't think it would cost much, chances are most won't be bidding alot due to him bring out at least a couple more weeks

I like the aggressive call, but FAAB bidding is the only way to add free agents in this league. 

That would leave me no money with nine weeks to go. 
Uh, yeah - I was exaggerating slightly for effect. The message was "be aggressive, Moncrief should never have been dropped - he's a high ceiling legit WR2/WR1 upon his return and he didn't tear up a knee or anything."

I would realistically bid ~30% of my bankroll to obtain him were I you. 

But since this isn't the Assistant Coach forum, I thought it wasn't really the appropriate forum to be offering this kind of advice, so instead I just posted something to emphasize the importance of adding him with brevity and mirth. ;)  

also its Friday and that all might be the beer talking. 

Agree, that'd be ridiculous. 

I don't think it would cost much, chances are most won't be bidding alot due to him bring out at least a couple more weeks
lighten up, Francis. 

What was the exact nature of the injury? He was also dropped in my league and i am thnking of dropping decker for him.  Concerned over decker's tear.

Users who are viewing this thread