What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (2 Viewers)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
Off tomorrow, so a day early on these.  

9 teams above .500
7 teams at or just below .500
23 teams below .500

5 teams currently would not qualify for the conference tournament.
Missed last week so this is from last week as of yesterday.

9 teams above .500
23 teams below .500

Movement from teams, but the stats remained unchanged.  A couple of teams are getting close to being mathematically eliminated from this year's tournament.  

i think that you overestimating, but i don't really want to start doing a bunch of david duke searches on my work pc.
Even if only a handful of people know, that's a pretty terrible name to name your kid.  As a parent, you should at least Google the name of the name you plan to use.  A lot of people don't know Gary Ridgway, but it's still a terrible name once he finds out who he shares a name with.  I'm guessing that poor kid has been told thousands of times, in person and online, who he shares a name with.

9 teams above .500
23 teams below .500

Movement from teams, but the stats remained unchanged.  A couple of teams are getting close to being mathematically eliminated from this year's tournament.  
Short week so no change.  But there's also 50 schools that haven't been to the dance this century.  Here's where they stand right now:

23 teams above .500
5 teams at or just below .500
22 teams below .500

With less than 2 1/2 weeks left until the start of Championship Week, schools whose conferences's don't invite everyone are running out of time.  

Gonzaga, San Diego State, Baylor, and Louisville are the only top 16 seeded teams to match the criteria for past NCAA champions since 2002.

- Top 25 Ken Pom Ranking, 4 seed or better,

- Top 25 Ken Pom offense ranking,

- Top 40 Ken Pom defense ranking, 

- Win regular season or conference tournament.

Only 2014 UConn has broken this in the last 17 years.  

have watched less college bball this year than in any of my previous years since high school

not on purpose

got caught up in the Cincinnati game last night, then Murray St. v Austin Peay.   gosh darn i love college basketball.

Dayton’s away units are terrible. They just show up as a blur on the TV. They were obviously designed by someone who never used colored cells and font in Excel. 

I was watching Georgetown/Butler Saturday. Georgetown was down to six players for the game (two hurt, one dismissed, couple of transfers). They interviewed Ewing as he was walking off for halftime and asked something like "Are you worried about your guys getting tired in the 2nd half?" Ewing looked at him like he was crazy and said "Tired? No. They have tomorrow off." :lol:

Georgetown won, too. 

So Xavier has 5 games left.  If they win 3 of 5, they will finish .500 in conference play.  And that would extend their streak of .500 or better in conference play to 38 years.  That streak spans 7 different coaches and 4 different conferences.  They might be our arch rival, but I have to give props because that's impressive consistency.  

Finding 2 more wins might prove difficult, though.  

So Xavier has 5 games left.  If they win 3 of 5, they will finish .500 in conference play.  And that would extend their streak of .500 or better in conference play to 38 years.  That streak spans 7 different coaches and 4 different conferences.  They might be our arch rival, but I have to give props because that's impressive consistency.  

Finding 2 more wins might prove difficult, though.  
I'll be very surprised if they don't win 3 more games. 

vs. Nova
vs. DePaul
@ Georgetown
@ Providence
vs. Butler

I could be wrong, but 4 out of 5 of those games would be Quad 1 games for them.  
I think they win 2 of the middle 3 so even if they lose Saturday and they go into the finale 19-11/8-9 I'd expect a hair on fire effort as that would probably be at-large do-or-die.

9 teams above .500
23 teams below .500

Getting down to the end.  Of the 39 teams that have never made the tourney, here is where they currently stand:

6 teams above .500
9 teams at or just below .500
24 teams below .500

Of the 50 teams that haven't made the tourney this century here is where they stand:

21 teams above .500
4 teams at or just below .500
25 teams below .500

11 days until Championship Week starts.  15 days until the first team punches their ticket.  

I just realized that Dixie St. and Tarleton St. both join the WAC next season from DII.  

That means they will have 8 schools that have never been to the tourney and 1 team that hasn't been there since 1969.  

I just realized that Dixie St. and Tarleton St. both join the WAC next season from DII.  

That means they will have 8 schools that have never been to the tourney and 1 team that hasn't been there since 1969.  
yikes, the WAC has changed a lot recently.

California Baptist?? UTRGV???

Chicago State?!??!

is it now just the D1 entry level conference? you get promoted from lower levels to the WAC?  it used to be a fun little conference and now what....?

mr. furley said:
yikes, the WAC has changed a lot recently.

California Baptist?? UTRGV???

Chicago State?!??!

is it now just the D1 entry level conference? you get promoted from lower levels to the WAC?  it used to be a fun little conference and now what....?
we just went through this 2 pages ago...

Merrimack moved up from division 2 to the NEC this year. They are leading the conference with 2 games to go but are inelgible for the tournament due to this being a "transitional year."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was quite the whacky day. 3 of the top 4 go down.

Kansas/Baylor was a friggin' war. I think Baylor was a little too hyped-up at the beginning, plus that big dude for Kansas was a wrecking machine. 

Well, that was quite the whacky day. 3 of the top 4 go down.

Kansas/Baylor was a friggin' war. I think Baylor was a little too hyped-up at the beginning, plus that big dude for Kansas was a wrecking machine. 
His backup fouled out in four minutes.  :lmao:  

WESTMINSTER, Md.—There are 1,070 men's basketball teams competing in the entire NCAA (Divisions I, II and III), and only one of them is undefeated—that team is Swarthmore College.

No, that's not a typo, or a headline from The Onion, No. 1 Swarthmore College Men's Basketball truly is the only team this season without a loss. A resounding 79-42 win by Swarthmore over McDaniel on Saturday, coupled with a loss by Division I's previously unbeaten San Diego State, left Swarthmore as the only team with a perfect slate.

The Garnet tied the Centennial Conference record for longest win streak and secured head coach Landry Kosmalski's 150th career win in the process.

We are now down to 38 teams left that could end their streak of never making it to the tourney.  Kennesaw State will finish 9th in the A-Sun and will not qualify for their conference tournament.

And we are now down to 49 teams that have not made it to the tourney this century, as Columbia cannot finish 4th or better in the Ivy League, meaning they will not make their conference tourney.

Important game tonight in the Summit.  Denver plays PFW (formerly, IPFW).  They are both tied for 9th and 9th place doesn't qualify.  They have one game left after tonight's meeting, so they could still tie for last.  I honestly don't know the tiebreaker, so this game could be it, meaning whoever wins tonight, definitely has the upper hand to continue on.  

We are now down to 38 teams left that could end their streak of never making it to the tourney.  Kennesaw State will finish 9th in the A-Sun and will not qualify for their conference tournament.

And we are now down to 49 teams that have not made it to the tourney this century, as Columbia cannot finish 4th or better in the Ivy League, meaning they will not make their conference tourney.

Important game tonight in the Summit.  Denver plays PFW (formerly, IPFW).  They are both tied for 9th and 9th place doesn't qualify.  They have one game left after tonight's meeting, so they could still tie for last.  I honestly don't know the tiebreaker, so this game could be it, meaning whoever wins tonight, definitely has the upper hand to continue on.  
That last part is wrong.  That's what I get for trying to do an update right before I leave.  Denver and Western Illinois are battling for 9th.  And they play each other in the last game of the regular season this Saturday.  

We are now down to 36 teams left that could end their streak of never making it to the tourney.  Both UT-Martin and SIU-Edwardsville will not finish in the top 8 in the OVC, meaning they won't be eligible for their conference tournament.

And we are now down to 48 teams that have not made it to the tourney this century.  Houston Baptist will not finish in the top 8, so they won't make their conference tourney, either.

This will be the last update of this kind since we start Championship next week.  So to give you a better idea of where these teams are, I'm including a little more detail.  Of the 36 teams that have never made the tourney, here is where they currently stand:

13 teams above .500
2 teams at or just below .500
21 teams below .500

4 teams currently would not qualify for the conference tournament.

Breakdown of current seeding for conference tourneys:

2nd - 1 team
3rd - 4 teams
4th - 6 teams
5th - 4 teams
7th - 6 teams
8th - 5 teams
9th - 7 teams
10th - 3 teams

Of the 48 teams that haven't made the tourney this century here is where they stand:

20 teams above .500
5 teams at or just below .500
23 teams below .500

4 teams currently would not qualify for the conference tournament.

Breakdown of current seeding for conference tourneys:

1st - 2 teams
2nd - 3 teams
3rd - 3 teams
4th - 5 teams
5th - 6 teams
6th - 3 teams
7th - 4 teams
8th - 3 teams
9th - 4 teams
10th - 7 teams
11th - 5 teams
12th - 1 team
13th - 2 teams

Western Illinois lost last night.  That sets up a game between them and Denver Saturday afternoon.  Winner qualifies for the Summit Conference championship, loser goes home for the season.  Both teams have never made the Big Dance.  So another team will be eliminated Saturday.

Dayton is a better team than SDSU...I easily give them the 1 seed over SDSU.   I've watched both extensively this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are now down to 35 teams left that could end their streak of never making it to the tourney.  Western Illinois loses and does not qualify for the Summit conference tourney.  And Incarnate Word will not make the Southland tourney.

And we are now down to 46 teams that have not made it to the tourney this century.  Tennessee Tech loses a nail biter and does not qualify for the OVC tourney.  And UL-Monroe will not qualify for the Sun Belt conference.

9 ranked teams lost yesterday, 6 to unranked teams.

At this point, I think Kansas could probably lose out and still get a #1. Gonzaga only loses once more and they'll be a #1. Dayton wins out, they should be a #1. And I guess if Baylor runs the table through the B12T, they'd be the 4th. If more chaos ensues, though, who the hell knows?

I think Maryland could still grab a #1, though they can't lose any more games before Selection Sunday. I guess SDSU could, too.

Users who are viewing this thread