What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (3 Viewers)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
I'm not 100% but I thought I heard a few weeks ago that the Sweet 16 games on Sat & Sun will be played one at a time unlike years past where there would be two around 7/7:30 and two around 9:30/10

It would be something like 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 9:30pm, maybe an hour earlier for each game on Sunday

I can't believe I'm finally seeing Rutgers in the tournament. A real dream come true and I'm going to try and enjoy every second of it. 

If early season Rutgers shows up, a Clemson/Houston draw is about as good as it can be for a double digit seed. 

A good friend of mine lost his father to cancer in the fall. For 45 years this guy was one of the biggest fans you could see for any team, much less one that had the generally atrocious history of Rutgers. Started organizing big tailgates for his son and his friends while we were in school there, which continued to the point that we bring our kids now. It kills me that he was not around to see Rutgers finally make it and enjoy it with his son. Especially when this was a tourney team last year before it got canceled and he was doing well at that point. 

Pouring one out for him tonight.

First Four tip off's

5:10 Tex Southern-Mt. Saint Mary's

6:27 Drake-Wichits St

8:40 - App St-Norfolk St

9:57 - Ucla-Sparty

Surprised the App St-Norfolk St is in Prime time over Drake-Wichita St

Circa Sports @CircaSports

College Basketball Men's Tournament First Four & Round 1 Biggest moves since open:

UCSB +10 to +7

WVU -10 to -12.5

Illinois -21 to -23

Loyola Chi PK to -2

Oklahoma PK to -2

Recently Beat Michigan and Ohio State...two of the best teams in the country.

I've seen UCLA all season and most Sparty games, UCLA is not in the same stratosphere the past month.
UCLA is a Jekyll and Hyde team. There's a few in the tourny this year and I either avoid or fade those types.

Virginia doesn't play Ohio until Saturday at 7:15 p.m. The Cavaliers aren't planning to travel to Indianapolis until Friday and won't be able to practice as a team until Thursday due to contact tracing/quarantine.

Confession time.  I'm a basketball nerd, but possibly the least engaged one that you could find.  Having a hockey playing daughter has killed a lot of opportunity.  I'm looking for a couple of teams to watch in the first two rounds (or more) that meet some of the following criteria, in no particular order, for obtaining a basketball stiffy.  Please advice.  HAGS, YIC, etc.  

Excellent team defense, man or zone

Teams/programs known for their 2-3 or 1-3-1

Ball movement on offense

The Princeton offense 

A significant press or halfcourt trap game

Refined offensive individual players

Must see hoop freaks not named "Zion," who I will for sure watch later in the tourney

Good David v Goliath matchup
Can I get a reboot for this year, pretty please?

Tourny Nugget: West Region

Gonzaga already beat the 2, 3 and 4 seeds by double digits this season.
Not even to mention that their 3 and 4 might not even actually play in the tournament. At the very least they won't be practicing much or at all before tip time. 

Virginia was the top overall seed also in 2018 when the 9 and 11 played in the Elite Eight. If Gonzaga wasn't so freaking good this year, I'd sort of think we were headed for something similar (not losing to a 16 but having a chaotic region).

I wonder what percentage of brackets are going to have Gonzaga as the national champion. 65%? I bet a good percentage have Illinois, but potentially top 10 KenPom Loyola and Ok St seems like a really tough road.

Maybe Baylor as a value pick? They were really just as good as the Zags until they went on covid pause. Totally reasonable to think they'll play themselves back into shape. I know a 1 seed isn't really "value" but still.

BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told

@stadium

They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops

Unbelievable they would go to a restaurant together. We’ve had remarkably few issues with refs this season. A few of these guys would have worked the Final Four. Probably still could vis a vis protocols.

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told

@stadium

They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops

Unbelievable they would go to a restaurant together. We’ve had remarkably few issues with refs this season. A few of these guys would have worked the Final Four. Probably still could vis a vis protocols.
And away we go

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Lon Kruger told reporters that Oklahoma's De'Vion Harmon will not play in the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament after testing positive for COVID-19. Harmon is the Sooners' second-leading scorer.

This surprised me when I saw it on twitter - 

Texas coach Shaka Smart is headed to Marquette, sources told @Stadium.

This surprised me when I saw it on twitter - 

Texas coach Shaka Smart is headed to Marquette, sources told @Stadium.
I guess he figures or perhaps knows for certain that its only a matter of time for him at Texas.  Otherwise, it makes sense to me. Marquette is not a top tier job, and Smart is no longer a top tier candidate.  I doubt Indiana was calling him.

Big win for Marquette over the Illini.

Marquette did everything they can to lose it at the FT line. But Illinois just kept screwing up.

Huge win for the Seton Hall Pirates last night over Michigan- this is the deepest and most diverse (skill-set) Hall team I can remember. Don't be surprised when this doesn't turn out to be a fluky win.

Huge win for the Seton Hall Pirates last night over Michigan- this is the deepest and most diverse (skill-set) Hall team I can remember. Don't be surprised when this doesn't turn out to be a fluky win.
Yeah, won a couple $$ with SH +8. Won with Buffalo and the points the other day and SH destroyed them so figured they had a good shot to beat Mich. Was a late start for me so only saw the first half .

Yeah, won a couple $$ with SH +8. Won with Buffalo and the points the other day and SH destroyed them so figured they had a good shot to beat Mich. Was a late start for me so only saw the first half .
It was an even later start for me, but I stayed up past my bedtime last night. Seton Hall hasn't played Buffalo though (FDU and Yale).

If any of you are interested, Dana O'Neil's book about the history of the Big East just came out. My copy just showed up and I'm really looking forward to it. I will read anything she writes over at The Athletic and I was a massive fan of Big East basketball when it started, so it's a no-brainer for me. 

If any of you are interested, Dana O'Neil's book about the history of the Big East just came out. My copy just showed up and I'm really looking forward to it. I will read anything she writes over at The Athletic and I was a massive fan of Big East basketball when it started, so it's a no-brainer for me. 
Thanks just ordered it

I have never been as excited about a Purdue team in my life as I am about this one…and I became a Boilermaker fan in elementary school watching Rick Mount.

As good as Jaden Ivey was last year as a freshman he looks even more amazing on the court so far this season. Zach Edey is by far the best Boiler giant in the long list of Painter’s big men. Freshman Caleb Furst is playing like an upperclassman. Trevion Williams a Third-Team All-American is coming off the bench! A lot of depth….I think players 6 thru 10 would be an above .500 team in the B10. 

Yeah I’m a little excited 😃

Really liking this Duke team.    Banchero is an absolute beast but they have some studs around him.  Williams give them an enforcer down low and they really pressure the ball.   They just need to stay hydrated.   

Really liking this Duke team.    Banchero is an absolute beast but they have some studs around him.  Williams give them an enforcer down low and they really pressure the ball.   They just need to stay hydrated.   

I'm really liking them too, with it being Coach K's farewell tour and all.  Might as well give him his own whistle.

Users who are viewing this thread