What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (3 Viewers)

LOL at the ridiculous projections for this guy today. I started him (also own Gio), but wasn't expecting fantasy greatness. I just hope he can play in the 2nd half and get me some yards

I'm playing Hill over Andre Williams, Tre Mason, and Crowell. But I'm not expecting a huge day. Jax rush D has been pretty stout lately.
Welp, turns out he had a huge day after all. Never been so happy to be wrong. 60 yard run was eye-popping! Kid has a size/speed combo that will play in this league for a long time. Wow!

Well after some early injury panic that sure turned out well. I have both him and Gio, wondering how to manage these guys going forward. Could conceivably make a trade to upgrade at WR and play both of these backs...

Well after some early injury panic that sure turned out well. I have both him and Gio, wondering how to manage these guys going forward. Could conceivably make a trade to upgrade at WR and play both of these backs...
I tried to do this with Knile Davis and Jamaal Charles today. :thumbdown:

Boston fred = :scared:
That was beastly
I haven't gone anywhere. I was one of the first to respond.

I said all along that his value was as gio's backup, and not as a complimentary back. I've never questioned his talent, only his situation.

I still stand by everything I've said. He's been sucky when gio played and had a good game when gio was hurt. I applauded that and even used him on a team today. Maybe he earns a bigger role when gio is back, but I'd be surprised if it was anything like this. Yet we've already got people talking about trading away players so they can start both gio and hill. That's the kind of talk you get when he has that big week, and then you start him on a down week because you can't believe they aren't using him right.

While gio is out, he's obviously a good play - and had a better game than even the most optimistic people here projected. Good for you if you used him.

Bernard will still be 1A when he comes back (for now), but remember these notes...

Hill rushed for more yards today than Bernard has in any game of his NFL career.

Hill rushed for 6.4ypc today behind the same line that Bernard has failed to rush for even 4ypc behind in 9 of his last 11 starts.

Bernard is a great multi-dimensional weapon, but Hill is just a better runner. In time, if Bernard doesn't improve his rushing ability significantly, I could see Hill becoming more the 1A with Bernard the 1B instead of the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernard is a great multi-dimensional weapon, but Hill is just a better runner. In time, if Bernard doesn't improve his rushing ability significantly, I could see Hill becoming more the 1A with Bernard the 1B instead of the other way around.
This is what I've been saying all along. Hill is simply th better runner. People have been fooling themselves into thinking ago is a good NFL runner. He's not.

That was beastly

I said all along that his value was as gio's backup, and not as a complimentary back. I've never questioned his talent, only his situation.

I still stand by everything I've said. He's been sucky when gio played and had a good game when gio was hurt. I applauded that and even used him on a team today. Maybe he earns a bigger role when gio is back, but I'd be surprised if it was anything like this. Yet we've already got people talking about trading away players so they can start both gio and hill. That's the kind of talk you get when he has that big week, and then you start him on a down week because you can't believe they aren't using him right.

While gio is out, he's obviously a good play - and had a better game than even the most optimistic people here projected. Good for you if you used him.
Whoops obviously missed that. You were one of the posters that said the Jags run D was pretty decent though.

That was beastly

Whoops obviously missed that. You were one of the posters that said the Jags run D was pretty decent though.
They are, but Hill is good.

So what are people anticipating upon Gio's return. Assuming he's back next week, does Hill go right back to the role he had before? Has he carved himself out a bigger piece of the pie?

So what are people anticipating upon Gio's return. Assuming he's back next week, does Hill go right back to the role he had before? Has he carved himself out a bigger piece of the pie?
There was talk during the game that Gio could miss next week as well. It's a short week, Thursday night game. So, Hill could be the man again. When Gio comes back I expect him to be the starter and lead but the split is more even than in the past.

Kind of my thoughts too. They are winning so I wouldn't think they'd want to rock the boat too much. On the other hand, Gio needs to be healthy for the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread