Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!!

So, for ####s and giggles....does anyone have any real speculation on to what the alien stuff is about?

I'm hoping that it's nothing major and it will just be a background theme throughout. UFO sighting were a big phenomenon in the last 70s, and I hope they are just playing on that.

So, for ####s and giggles....does anyone have any real speculation on to what the alien stuff is about?

I'm hoping that it's nothing major and it will just be a background theme throughout. UFO sighting were a big phenomenon in the last 70s, and I hope they are just playing on that.

Yeah, hoping this as well.

Some great lines around Reagan's visit last week

Son of a ##### is charismatic, I'll give him that. But I'm not shaking his hand.

Why not, Karl?

Because, Sonny, the man made a movie with a monkey. It wouldn't be dignified.

If you get the chance, ask him if it's true that Joan Crawford had crabs.

Yeah, I'm not gonna do that.

Some great lines around Reagan's visit last week

Son of a ##### is charismatic, I'll give him that. But I'm not shaking his hand.

Why not, Karl?

Because, Sonny, the man made a movie with a monkey. It wouldn't be dignified.

then he immediately and very excitedly shook Reagan's hand, which made it even funnier

• Like 1

I've waited to watch this show because I was worried it wouldn't last. Worth digging into?

Probably not. 20+ pages of everyone agreeing the show is very good is just not worth the risk. What if they are lying?

personally im just raving about the show so i can draw people in hoping that they end up really disappointed

• Like 2

I've waited to watch this show because I was worried it wouldn't last. Worth digging into?

Probably not. 20+ pages of everyone agreeing the show is very good is just not worth the risk. What if they are lying?

I haven't read a single post in this thread....except yours. Thanks

personally im just raving about the show so i can draw people in hoping that they end up really disappointed

:lmao:

Milligan is very articulate. Not a Hollywood stereotypical hit man. In that respect, the dialogue written for him reminds me of Tarantino's writing for Travolta and Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

In the scene as Milligan leaves in the car to gun down the Gerhardt clan females, I think the only time I've heard that much of the famous Lewis Carroll nonsense poem Jabberwocky recited on a TV show.

I liked last season a lot, but this season has upped the ante, imo, and is a lot better. There was a question about whether the writers could pull off an anthology show with mostly (if not all?) new characters. Didn't go so well with True Detective. Brilliant job so far.

Consistently love the music, too. Very quirky, I've rarely heard before (smart, the licensing rights are probably a lot less than something like the Stones or Zeppelin), yet pitch perfect in conjuring up a sense of the era.

Milligan is very articulate. Not a Hollywood stereotypical hit man. In that respect, the dialogue written for him reminds me of Tarantino's writing for Travolta and Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

In the scene as Milligan leaves in the car to gun down the Gerhardt clan females, I think the only time I've heard that much of the famous Lewis Carroll nonsense poem Jabberwocky recited on a TV show.

I liked last season a lot, but this season has upped the ante, imo, and is a lot better. There was a question about whether the writers could pull off an anthology show with mostly (if not all?) new characters. Didn't go so well with True Detective. Brilliant job so far.

Consistently love the music, too. Very quirky, I've rarely heard before (smart, the licensing rights are probably a lot less than something like the Stones or Zeppelin), yet pitch perfect in conjuring up a sense of the era.

Record companies are being silly with licensing rights. The sopranos using Journey exposed them to a whole new generation and made them a ton of coin. Any song used in this show will also see a spike in downloads for iTunes etc. it's the kind of advertising that money can't buy. That said, I'm happy the music used is not overplayed mainstream stuff. They capture the sounds of the era without sounding tired

Loved when the lawyer dragged the bench in front of the "PUSH" doors.. and then the Cop comes back in next to him and he is still there "blocking" the door. :lmao:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1

Offerman was fantastic.

Agree with Bob Magaw, I think this season is even better than season 1. I also get a Tarantino feel in certain scenes and was wondering while watching this episode what he thinks of the show if he's seen it.

Man I hope this show goes at least a few more seasons.

So did Hank even check on Peggy before he drove off?

Yea.. that was diisappointing.. stuns him to the point of a little smoke comes up and then nothing. No recovery, no shot of what she did next, just Hank waking up and then driving away :mellow:

Just binged watched season one. Awesome up until the final episode where everything gets wrapped up in a nice little bow. Would have been fantastic if the season ended as dark as the rest of the season.

Can't believe the Coen's signed off on a "NCIS" type ending. Makes me leery of watching season two. I want to be invested in the series, but if it's going to end all Murder She Wrote like, then why bother.

Really, really disappointed. I deserved better.

Just binged watched season one. Awesome up until the final episode where everything gets wrapped up in a nice little bow. Would have been fantastic if the season ended as dark as the rest of the season.

Can't believe the Coen's signed off on a "NCIS" type ending. Makes me leery of watching season two. I want to be invested in the series, but if it's going to end all Murder She Wrote like, then why bother.

Really, really disappointed. I deserved better.

It's a true story. What do you want?

• Like 1

Just watched it again solely for Carl.

"I'm an esquire, kid. A barrister. Defender of the

common man. The mis-accused."

So awesome.

What law school do you think he went to?
I'd like to say hamline but they were established until 1991.

I'd say William Mitchell.

St. Thomas? He's way to cool for that school.

Wait st Thomas isn't in the Marshall Islands. Neither is American somoa. And Marshall Minnesota definitely doesn't have a law school (everybody is too busy making food to be delivered in a truck).

What were you getting at?

• Maik Jeaunz changed the title to Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!!