What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (1 Viewer)

There were a few good episodes, but I thought this season was mostly awful. I usually like Schwartzman, but I thought he was cringe-worthy. The best characters were the minor characters. The nurse story-line was bad imo.

I thought the series was good and was compelled to finish it rather quickly. However, I thought the acting by Jessie Buckley (Oraetta Mayflower) was horrible, forced, and ridiculous. The character just didn't fit for me as she played it cartoonish. An orange hair, foot shufflin', domx murderer doesn't fly around these parts.

I thought the series was good and was compelled to finish it rather quickly. However, I thought the acting by Jessie Buckley (Oraetta Mayflower) was horrible, forced, and ridiculous. The character just didn't fit for me as she played it cartoonish. An orange hair, foot shufflin', domx murderer doesn't fly around these parts.
but she flew around those parts, Jostowise, eh?. i thought she got off to a wonderful start and expected her to give a ChiefMarge-y, donchaknow "now, you dont get your gagball til you've finished ALL your cocaine, dearie" quality to her deathangel. But you're right - total cartoon gumming stuff up with no payoff til her last line

Just finished the finale. Overall season was entertaining but I agree there were too many characters that served very little purpose. 

However I thought the finale was terrible and almost anti climactic. Like they were checking off boxes of who to kill and how to tie up loose ends quickly. 

The Mrs and I really enjoyed this season, just like we have the previous ones. Great characters, great story and love the quirky, supernatural elements they always weave in. 

Definitely not the best season ( Not sure season 1 will ever be topped), but still was an enjoyable ride.

Best episode was by far the throw back to Wizard of Oz. :thumbup:  

snogger said:
Definitely not the best season ( Not sure season 1 will ever be topped), but still was an enjoyable ride.

Best episode was by far the throw back to Wizard of Oz. :thumbup:  
i woulda alot more watched Satchel & the Rabbi make their way town2town thru 1950, Fugitive style, than just about anything on TV these days

I’ve seen a lot of mobster movies but Fargo is the first one that showed this "son swap" between rival gangs. Has anyone ever seen or heard of that before? Any real history behind that? It was a fantastic story device to push characters, rivalries, deception, etc. loved it. 

I’ve seen a lot of mobster movies but Fargo is the first one that showed this "son swap" between rival gangs. Has anyone ever seen or heard of that before? Any real history behind that? It was a fantastic story device to push characters, rivalries, deception, etc. loved it. 
You mean like back in the olden days when the king of France would marry off his daughter to the prince of England to make sure they didn't go to war for a few years?

You mean like back in the olden days when the king of France would marry off his daughter to the prince of England to make sure they didn't go to war for a few years?
Great analogy. But there have been sooooo many mobster movies in American cinema over the past decades and I don’t think I’ve seen a kid-swap as part of that lore ever. 

Overall, I liked it quite a bit.  On the one hand, the nurse was straight out of Wes Anderson - strange just for strangeness' sake - and a little much.  On the other, East/West was also very different and by far my favorite episode of the season.  Rock was very good, I'd watch Olyphant saunter around eating an egg-salad sandwich, and the big brother was like an over-sized Nacho Libre which made me laugh.  I'm simple and like happy endings, so the ending made me sad.  But it's a very well done show for sure.

This caught me by surprise. Nov. 21st fellas :popcorn:

Nice!! Hoping to get back to Season 1 & 2's excellence :popcorn:

I'm rewatching Season 3 and appreciating it more. VM Varga is up there with Malvo in terms of villains. Just brilliant acting and writing for that character. The season is not on par with 1 and 2 but it's solid. Season 4 is trash tho. Will never rewatch that one.

I didn't realize until now that the characters this season are from the movie. It's an interesting concept, but that's a high bar to cross.

McDormand, Buscemi and Macy gave indelible, all-time great performances. The new actors are going to be immediately compared no matter how good they are.
Are we sure this isn't a multiverse play?

Disney owns FX and they're pulling this nonsense everywhere else.

Another trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SCn6UDXw_I

I didn't realize until now that the characters this season are from the movie. It's an interesting concept, but that's a high bar to cross.

McDormand, Buscemi and Macy gave indelible, all-time great performances. The new actors are going to be immediately compared no matter how good they are.
Where are you getting that? I get that there's a plot similarity with the feisty would-be kidnap victim, but they're not recasting Marge Gunderson or Jerry Lundegaard

I'm a bit leery of how "Home Alone"-y the trailer looks but I'll be there to watch.

So this should probably be a pet peeve post. But a 2 episode premiere but the second episode starts at 11:15 est.. yes I know I'll record it but GTFO with this schedule

So this should probably be a pet peeve post. But a 2 episode premiere but the second episode starts at 11:15 est.. yes I know I'll record it but GTFO with this schedule

The scheduling does seem odd....Not only the late 2nd episode but premiering this right before Thanksgiving. Almost as if the F/X execs aren't that confident in it. Enjoyed the first episode though. That wife is badass.

I can tell ya for shur that nobody talks like this in Minnesota in 2019 anymore. Layin it on pretty darn thick if ya ask me.
Been up near Fargo lately?
My sister lives up there and a couple times visiting her and going to a restaurant you'll hear it. Maybe not nearly as over the top, but lots of "you betcha" :lol:

I can tell ya for shur that nobody talks like this in Minnesota in 2019 anymore. Layin it on pretty darn thick if ya ask me.
Been up near Fargo lately?
My sister lives up there and a couple times visiting her and going to a restaurant you'll hear it. Maybe not nearly as over the top, but lots of "you betcha" :lol:
You're darn tootin' I have. My parents still live across the Red River from Fargo. The slang is still there but the accent isn't like that.

Now then, I met a fella from Saskatchewan this week and I'll be darned if he didn't sound exactly like Lester Nygaard. Looked a bit like 'em too!

Loved the first two episodes!

Started like mentioned before, resembling the movie, but takes an unexpected and great turn.
:popcorn:

Same. Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Glad we're kind of back to the original formula. I'll give them a mulligan for Season 4.

Is it too hard to find an actor that actually knows how to swing a golf club if that's part of the plot?

That was a major oof.
I think it would have been fine if not for the line about him finishing 2nd at some tournament. Or saying instead he won the club championship at Bunker Hills or the like.

Reminds me of Uncle Rico throwing a football clear over them mountains. If coach just put him in the 4th quarter, they would have won state.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread