What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (1 Viewer)

Is it too hard to find an actor that actually knows how to swing a golf club if that's part of the plot?

That was a major oof.
I think it would have been fine if not for the line about him finishing 2nd at some tournament. Or saying instead he won the club championship at Bunker Hills or the like.

Reminds me of Uncle Rico throwing a football clear of them mountains. If coach just put him in the 4th quarter, they would have won state.
Exactly. Dude (golfer) is a goofball

Is it too hard to find an actor that actually knows how to swing a golf club if that's part of the plot?

That was a major oof.
I think it would have been fine if not for the line about him finishing 2nd at some tournament. Or saying instead he won the club championship at Bunker Hills or the like.

Reminds me of Uncle Rico throwing a football clear of them mountains. If coach just put him in the 4th quarter, they would have won state.
Exactly. Dude (golfer) is a goofball
He continues the Cohen Bros/Hawley trope of people that don't stay in their lane.

Jon Hamm is fantastic as sheriff Tillman.
Was his nipples pierced? :unsure:
Unfortunately, yes. We didn't need to see that.

Given his sense of humor you know he loves playing this character.
I will pretend this wasn't actually an artistic choice.....
A sheriff in North Dakota with his nipples pierced? This incongruity is perfect for the character.

The fact that it's hidden from his constituents is perfect - he can outwardly portray what he wants The People to see but underneath he's a man that would make those same people clutch their pearls and pray for deliverance.

A sheriff in North Dakota with his nipples pierced? This incongruity is perfect for the character.

The fact that it's hidden from his constituents is perfect - he can outwardly portray what he wants The People to see but underneath he's a man that would make those same people clutch their pearls and pray for deliverance.
No I meant I am going to pretend John Hamm walks around in his regular life that way ... ;)

No I meant I am going to pretend John Hamm walks around in his regular life that way ... ;)
Oh. Don't we all? :oldunsure:

Liked it. Hamm is great, some of the other characters were just ok. Not feeling the Lorraine Lyon/ Jennifer Jason Leigh performance. Thought the nod to the home invasion scene from the movie in episode 2 was fun, down to Dot crocheting and watching TV and the tumble down the stairs. Episode 3 is gonna be like Home Alone, right?

Thumbs up for the soundtrack so far; Yes, Rush and that Nightmare before Christmas tune.

Last edited:
Liked it. Hamm is great, some of the other characters were just ok. Not feeling the Lorraine Lyon/ Jennifer Jason Leigh performance. Thought the nod to the home invasion scene from the movie in episode 2 was fun, down to Dot crocheting and watching TV and the tumble down the stairs. Episode 3 is gonna be like Home Alone, right?

Thumbs up for the soundtrack so far; Yes, Rush and that Nightmare before Christmas tune.
It's so hard watching these once reasonably attractive Hollywood actresses submitting to turning themselves into the Face of Boe.

I just started Season 3 in my first time watch of the series. I heard a lot of negative reviews of this season but so far I like it. I like how it stars Ewan McGregor and Ewan McGregor.

Seasons 1 and 2 were up there for me as some of the best TV ever.

:blackdot:

Love this show. Even though Season four wasn't up to their high standards, it was still better than most stuff on TV. I'll binge this one when after they've all been released.

Love this show. Even though Season four wasn't up to their high standards, it was still better than most stuff on TV. I'll binge this one when after they've all been released.
I loved 1 and 2. Liked 3 quite a bit. Could not get into S4 at all but so far this new season is looking like another win. :thumbup:

I loved 1 and 2. Liked 3 quite a bit. Could not get into S4 at all but so far this new season is looking like another win. :thumbup:

This is exactly where I stand as well. Every season has had some interesting villains with S3 Varga going toe to toe with S1 Billy Bob imo. Jon Hamm looks to carry that torch this season but I'm also loving Ole Munch.

I just started Season 3 in my first time watch of the series. I heard a lot of negative reviews of this season but so far I like it. I like how it stars Ewan McGregor and Ewan McGregor.

Seasons 1 and 2 were up there for me as some of the best TV ever.
Some great characters in that season. Mary Elizabeth Winstead was great, so was Carrie Coon... and Thewlis was just so unsettling in every scene - such a memorable performance/presentation.

Dave Foley!
I love his character, I am fascinated by the eye patch for some reason.
I can tell ya for shur that nobody talks like this in Minnesota in 2019 anymore. Layin it on pretty darn thick if ya ask me.
I love this too.... it is my kind of stereotyping and I want more of it!!

P.S. EP 3 got wild, I was waiting for it to rain fish again.... that double cliff hanger tho!

Yeah E3 was a bit weird but I’ll see where it goes. I loved S1 and 2, think I lost interest in S3 and didn’t attempt 4. Might revisit

Bit of a transitional episode. I guess they can't all be edge-of-your-seaters.
I was suprised at how soon key characters seem to be meeting each other.

I really liked this episode. I'm warming up to Lorraine Lyon's character, still not feeling Jennifer Jason Leigh's affected voice she uses, but she had some great lines in this one.

Lorraine Lyon: "So you want freedom without responsibility? Son there's only one person on Earth who gets that deal."

Sheriff Roy Tillman: "The President?"

Lorraine Lyon: "A Baby. You’re fighting for your right to be a baby.”"

lol.

Users who are viewing this thread