What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Eric Ebron, PIT (2 Viewers)

Bumpski.

7/79 off of 10 targets against the Texans. Most targeted receiver, and was catching balls all over the field, from 34 yard rips to short gains that moved the chains.

ROS, how do you rank Ebron compared to other TEs? Top 5? 10? Not going to be reliable enough in this offense? 

Bumpski.

7/79 off of 10 targets against the Texans. Most targeted receiver, and was catching balls all over the field, from 34 yard rips to short gains that moved the chains.

ROS, how do you rank Ebron compared to other TEs? Top 5? 10? Not going to be reliable enough in this offense? 
Hos average ppg is 8th.  think that is about right for him...with a possibility to get close to top 5.  

Hos average ppg is 8th.  think that is about right for him...with a possibility to get close to top 5.  
I gotta think the consistency just isn't going to be there. that is the thing that always seems to be the issue.  talented but no surprise if he's 3/41 next week and then 7/90/1 the next week. 

I gotta think the consistency just isn't going to be there. that is the thing that always seems to be the issue.  talented but no surprise if he's 3/41 next week and then 7/90/1 the next week. 
Been pretty consistent so far in every game he has played.

OTher than Olsen, Gronk, or Reed, who is consistent? Graham again maybe?

Delanie Walker, Miller, Kelce, and Rudolph have been about the same.  Everyone (Ebron included) have had the downer game but the points across the board are on par PPG.  The big difference is Ebron has only played a little over half the games.  

I guess I could have stated it better and said that I just don't think he is consistently available AND productive.  I would take any of the guys I mentioned in that same area as Ebron with no second-guessingand honestly would probably feel better most weeks.

Delanie Walker, Miller, Kelce, and Rudolph have been about the same.  Everyone (Ebron included) have had the downer game but the points across the board are on par PPG.  The big difference is Ebron has only played a little over half the games.  

I guess I could have stated it better and said that I just don't think he is consistently available AND productive.  I would take any of the guys I mentioned in that same area as Ebron with no second-guessingand honestly would probably feel better most weeks.
I like him a bit better than Miller and Rudolph . but its close with a lot of them.

Agreed. I do tend to look at him from angle for TE premium leagues and he's been between 10.2 and 18.4 points in every game this year. Only 5 games but that's pretty consistent to me.

His injuries are biggest downer. He wins the Jeremy Maclin award as player most likely to make you think his season is over at least a few times a year.

In terms of his dynasty he's only 23 and looks to be tied to the hip with a 28 year old QB, both of whom seem 2-3 years older.  Vastly underrated dynasty player, just starting to come into his own.

Dude would be on pace for 80-925 season over a full season. You gotta think the TDs will be there. I think he's a TE1 in the 7-10 range.

Ebron is averaging 7 targets per game in the 5 games he has played. Only 5 TE have been targeted more on a per game basis. Olsen, Reed, Pitta, MIller and Rudolph. Every other TE I looked at was below 7 targets per game.

Ebron still sucks. Even though he has looked considerably better than he is given credit for and has become a big part of the offense gaining yards in bunches, he still sucks because it fits my narrative and I want to be right. He is the fifth option in the offense behind Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Theo Riddick, and Titus Young. 

Ebron still sucks. Even though he has looked considerably better than he is given credit for and has become a big part of the offense gaining yards in bunches, he still sucks because it fits my narrative and I want to be right. He is the fifth option in the offense behind Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Theo Riddick, and Titus Young. 
Actually the number two option today only behind Tate. 

Looked outstanding yesterday. Averaging about 10 PPG in 0.5 PPR, which would put him around Gronk and Olsen if he didn't miss those games.

Always like these guys going into a bye, easy pickup this week if you have the room or wait and hope other owner's memories only go back one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Reno ‏@alex_reno  Nov 7
.@Ebron85 catch rate throughout his career via @pfref: 2014: 53.2% 2015: 67.1% 2016 (6 games): 74.4% Just keeps on getting better.

Logan Lamorandier ‏@LLamorandier  Nov 7

#Lions Eric Ebron is the 4th ranked TE in the NFL for yards per game. Only behind Gronk, Olson & Reed. #onepridehttps://twitter.com/hashtag/onepride?src=hash

Ebron thugs like Milkman have disappeared down the toilet like a ####-stained tissue because they were dead wrong about this guy!!! Lol to everyone who offloaded this guy for pennies on the dollar. You are looking at the future of the position right here. He is only 23!!! LMAO!!!

For someone who talks so much about Ware being an RB1 Stud...you sure like to use the I told you so a lot.

How old are you?
Oh I'm sorry did you not see his post earlier. I treat people with respect that treat me with respect. Notice I've never called you out like that.......

Oh I'm sorry did you not see his post earlier. I treat people with respect that treat me with respect. Notice I've never called you out like that.......
You mean the one where he wasn't quoting your or mentioning you by name at all?

Yeah...ok...either way, you are not coming off very well.

Carry on.

Alex Reno ‏@alex_reno  Nov 7
.@Ebron85 catch rate throughout his career via @pfref: 2014: 53.2% 2015: 67.1% 2016 (6 games): 74.4% Just keeps on getting better.

Logan Lamorandier ‏@LLamorandier  Nov 7

#Lions Eric Ebron is the 4th ranked TE in the NFL for yards per game. Only behind Gronk, Olson & Reed. #onepridehttps://twitter.com/hashtag/onepride?src=hash

Ebron thugs like Milkman have disappeared down the toilet like a ####-stained tissue because they were dead wrong about this guy!!! Lol to everyone who offloaded this guy for pennies on the dollar. You are looking at the future of the position right here. He is only 23!!! LMAO!!!
I guess you don't read so well...... Here is the post I'm referencing @sho nuff 

Maybe you can cut me a little slack now. I'm trying to play nice most of the time. Cheers.

So what the hell happened? Box score has him down for one target. If it's the one I saw, it sailed five feet over his head. Considering how pokey their offense was, you'd think they would have made more of an effort to get their most consistent pass catcher over the past few weeks involved. 

I missed you Milkman. Sucks that you curl into a ball and roll away when things dont go your way. Next time Ebron blows up, come back in here like a big boy and own it. Crappy game for Ebron (not targeted) Can't catch what isn't thrown but let's blame Ebron for that. All that pressure Im sure kept him in more often than not. Excellent season so far. Lost the battle. Winning the war! Congrats on the W? I think? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I missed you Milkman. Sucks that you curl into a ball and roll away when things dont go your way. Next time Ebron blows up, come back in here like a big boy and own it. Crappy game for Ebron (not targeted) Can't catch what isn't thrown but let's blame Ebron for that. All that pressure Im sure kept him in more often than not. Excellent season so far. Lost the battle. Winning the war! Congrats on the W? I think? Happy Thanksgiving to all!
He's the one of the biggest busts of his draft class but at least I didn't call you a piece of #### stain toilet paper over it. Thanksgiving to you too!

Not really but thanks for playing
A top 10 pick that has been barely startable for the 3 years he's been in the league and when his team has no other options really he's barely better than replacement level during his third year. GJGE

A top 10 pick that has been barely startable for the 3 years he's been in the league and when his team has no other options really he's barely better than replacement level during his third year. GJGE
Until this year they had one of the best receivers in the league.  This year he was a top 6 TE, per game.  (Until this week)

Until this year they had one of the best receivers in the league.  This year he was a top 6 TE, per game.  (Until this week)
He'll never have a better opportunity than he has right now. He's TE11 on per game basis. That's not great return on Detroit's top 10 pick. It's actually laughable. Along with his mediocre numbers under pristine conditions I've never seen a moment on the field where I said "wow" watching him.

He's the one of the biggest busts of his draft class but at least I didn't call you a piece of #### stain toilet paper over it. Thanksgiving to you too!
Greg Robinson has been the single biggest bust of the 2014 draft class. Him and Eric Fisher are probably the biggest busts of the past 5 years. Ebron has actually been a solid contributor. People expect TEs to come in a contribute right away and it almost never happens. Even the good ones take a while to be fantasy difference makers. Detroit reached drafting him, but he's hardly been a bust

Greg Robinson has been the single biggest bust of the 2014 draft class. Him and Eric Fisher are probably the biggest busts of the past 5 years. Ebron has actually been a solid contributor. People expect TEs to come in a contribute right away and it almost never happens. Even the good ones take a while to be fantasy difference makers. Detroit reached drafting him, but he's hardly been a bust
TE do tend to start off slow but he's shown nothing that proves he's anything special. This was his year to do that. Detroit will begin to build their offense around someone else next year. He can still be "one" of the biggest busts in that draft class and not be "the" biggest bust in the draft class. Detroit drafted him as a difference maker and he's not one. He's an average TE.

He'll never have a better opportunity than he has right now. He's TE11 on per game basis. That's not great return on Detroit's top 10 pick. It's actually laughable. Along with his mediocre numbers under pristine conditions I've never seen a moment on the field where I said "wow" watching him.
Sometimes TEs are asked to block. He did that today and the Lions won. I'd say that is a good day at the office.

Sometimes TEs are asked to block. He did that today and the Lions won. I'd say that is a good day at the office.
Nice! A top 10 Blocking TE! I'm sure that's what they were hoping when they drafted him.......

Milkman said:
oh, come on.  He's a starter and a big part of his team's offense, both receiving and blocking.  Has he underperformed his draft slot?  Yes, but in no way is he one of the biggest busts of his draft class.  Many guys drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft aren't contributing anything to their teams.  Also, Ebron is 23.  He's as young or younger than many of the 2016 rookie class.

This 1 target 0 yard game brings Ebron down to 7th in yards per game among TEs with at least 5 games, and to 7th in yards per target among TEs with at least 30 targets.

oh, come on.  He's a starter and a big part of his team's offense, both receiving and blocking.  Has he underperformed his draft slot?  Yes, but in no way is he one of the biggest busts of his draft class.  Many guys drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft aren't contributing anything to their teams.  Also, Ebron is 23.  He's as young or younger than many of the 2016 rookie class.
He's basically every ok TE in the league. He never flashes special. It's possible we're arguing semantics. Maybe because he's a starter and an ok blocker you don't think he is. I'm kind of blending FF and real football performances when I say that. Ebron's maybe garnered enough confidence from his owners to start for the last couple weeks over a WW TE but now he just threw out a zero and many of those owners will be hesitant again to march him out there again. Considering his draft slot that's a bust imo. 

He's basically every ok TE in the league. He never flashes special. It's possible we're arguing semantics. Maybe because he's a starter and an ok blocker you don't think he is. I'm kind of blending FF and real football performances when I say that. Ebron's maybe garnered enough confidence from his owners to start for the last couple weeks over a WW TE but now he just threw out a zero and many of those owners will be hesitant again to march him out there again. Considering his draft slot that's a bust imo. 
If we're looking at ff, he was the 15th TE taken in my redraft.  Heading into this week he was the 6th TE, ppg. That's not a bust.  

Your final point is understood, but this was only his 3rd game under 10 points.  Jordan reed is the only TE with fewer games under 10. Granted, EE missed a few games - but when healthy he's usually performed.

This guy burned me horribly yesterday in fantasy but if anyone thinks a 23 year old emerging TE who has been pretty consistent all year is a bust and/or not any good you need to pick a new sport to watch.
Some people dont have identities without being the contrarian in every thread. No use in crying over spilt milk. Eric Ebron has and will continue to pay dividends for those who patiently waited this thing out. I find it interesting that we know it usually takes a few years for TEs to produce yet Ebron was expected to be elite right out the gates. It wasnt his fault he was drafted top 10. He just was. As a poster above stated, he is only 23 and becoming a large part of the offense. The Vikings defense put a lot of pressure on Stafford yesterday and Ebron didnt have the targets. It's a small stain on an otherwise solid campaign. I am excited to see what he brings next year during a (fingers crossed) full season. I lost: Keenan, Lacy, Watkins, Watts, L. Green, Coleman, Jeffery, Ebron, Mathieu to injury/suspension this year, so I take nothing for granted. 

I find it interesting that we know it usually takes a few years for TEs to produce yet Ebron was expected to be elite right out the gates. It wasnt his fault he was drafted top 10. He just was. 
The comparison might partly be due to him going slightly before OBJ. As unfair as the comp might be, it's there. 

The comparison is due to him being nothing but "meh" on tape for 3 years while being a top 10 pick. I've never seen one moment on tape where he made me say "wow" in 3 years. Not one. I honestly would say I was wrong if I had. 

Shrug.

Yet Vance McDonald is a "monster" in your eyes. Nuff said.
It's funny you would bring him up. I was thinking about bringing him up myself. Way more wow moments from Vance. I would absolutely take him over Ebron on a pure talent basis right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread