Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TE Eric Ebron, PIT


Recommended Posts

Bumpski.

7/79 off of 10 targets against the Texans. Most targeted receiver, and was catching balls all over the field, from 34 yard rips to short gains that moved the chains.

ROS, how do you rank Ebron compared to other TEs? Top 5? 10? Not going to be reliable enough in this offense? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Bumpski.

7/79 off of 10 targets against the Texans. Most targeted receiver, and was catching balls all over the field, from 34 yard rips to short gains that moved the chains.

ROS, how do you rank Ebron compared to other TEs? Top 5? 10? Not going to be reliable enough in this offense? 

Hos average ppg is 8th.  think that is about right for him...with a possibility to get close to top 5.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Hos average ppg is 8th.  think that is about right for him...with a possibility to get close to top 5.  

I gotta think the consistency just isn't going to be there. that is the thing that always seems to be the issue.  talented but no surprise if he's 3/41 next week and then 7/90/1 the next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shutout said:

I gotta think the consistency just isn't going to be there. that is the thing that always seems to be the issue.  talented but no surprise if he's 3/41 next week and then 7/90/1 the next week. 

Been pretty consistent so far in every game he has played.

OTher than Olsen, Gronk, or Reed, who is consistent? Graham again maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Been pretty consistent so far in every game he has played.

OTher than Olsen, Gronk, or Reed, who is consistent? Graham again maybe?

Delanie Walker, Miller, Kelce, and Rudolph have been about the same.  Everyone (Ebron included) have had the downer game but the points across the board are on par PPG.  The big difference is Ebron has only played a little over half the games.  

I guess I could have stated it better and said that I just don't think he is consistently available AND productive.  I would take any of the guys I mentioned in that same area as Ebron with no second-guessingand honestly would probably feel better most weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Delanie Walker, Miller, Kelce, and Rudolph have been about the same.  Everyone (Ebron included) have had the downer game but the points across the board are on par PPG.  The big difference is Ebron has only played a little over half the games.  

I guess I could have stated it better and said that I just don't think he is consistently available AND productive.  I would take any of the guys I mentioned in that same area as Ebron with no second-guessingand honestly would probably feel better most weeks.

I like him a bit better than Miller and Rudolph . but its close with a lot of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Been pretty consistent so far in every game he has played.

OTher than Olsen, Gronk, or Reed, who is consistent? Graham again maybe?

Agreed. I do tend to look at him from angle for TE premium leagues and he's been between 10.2 and 18.4 points in every game this year. Only 5 games but that's pretty consistent to me.

His injuries are biggest downer. He wins the Jeremy Maclin award as player most likely to make you think his season is over at least a few times a year.

In terms of his dynasty he's only 23 and looks to be tied to the hip with a 28 year old QB, both of whom seem 2-3 years older.  Vastly underrated dynasty player, just starting to come into his own.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ebron still sucks. Even though he has looked considerably better than he is given credit for and has become a big part of the offense gaining yards in bunches, he still sucks because it fits my narrative and I want to be right. He is the fifth option in the offense behind Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Theo Riddick, and Titus Young. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, georg013 said:

Ebron still sucks. Even though he has looked considerably better than he is given credit for and has become a big part of the offense gaining yards in bunches, he still sucks because it fits my narrative and I want to be right. He is the fifth option in the offense behind Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Theo Riddick, and Titus Young. 

Actually the number two option today only behind Tate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

.@Ebron85 catch rate throughout his career via @pfref: 2014: 53.2% 2015: 67.1% 2016 (6 games): 74.4% Just keeps on getting better.

 

Logan Lamorandier ‏@LLamorandier  Nov 7

#Lions Eric Ebron is the 4th ranked TE in the NFL for yards per game. Only behind Gronk, Olson & Reed. #oneprideNFL_Season_2016_DET.png

 

Ebron thugs like Milkman have disappeared down the toilet like a ####-stained tissue because they were dead wrong about this guy!!! Lol to everyone who offloaded this guy for pennies on the dollar. You are looking at the future of the position right here. He is only 23!!! LMAO!!!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

For someone who talks so much about Ware being an RB1 Stud...you sure like to use the I told you so a lot.

How old are you?

Oh I'm sorry did you not see his post earlier. I treat people with respect that treat me with respect. Notice I've never called you out like that.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Oh I'm sorry did you not see his post earlier. I treat people with respect that treat me with respect. Notice I've never called you out like that.......

You mean the one where he wasn't quoting your or mentioning you by name at all?

Yeah...ok...either way, you are not coming off very well.

Carry on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, georg013 said:

.@Ebron85 catch rate throughout his career via @pfref: 2014: 53.2% 2015: 67.1% 2016 (6 games): 74.4% Just keeps on getting better.

 

Logan Lamorandier ‏@LLamorandier  Nov 7

#Lions Eric Ebron is the 4th ranked TE in the NFL for yards per game. Only behind Gronk, Olson & Reed. #oneprideNFL_Season_2016_DET.png

 

Ebron thugs like Milkman have disappeared down the toilet like a ####-stained tissue because they were dead wrong about this guy!!! Lol to everyone who offloaded this guy for pennies on the dollar. You are looking at the future of the position right here. He is only 23!!! LMAO!!!

 

 

I guess you don't read so well...... Here is the post I'm referencing @sho nuff 

 

Maybe you can cut me a little slack now. I'm trying to play nice most of the time. Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what the hell happened? Box score has him down for one target. If it's the one I saw, it sailed five feet over his head. Considering how pokey their offense was, you'd think they would have made more of an effort to get their most consistent pass catcher over the past few weeks involved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed you Milkman. Sucks that you curl into a ball and roll away when things dont go your way. Next time Ebron blows up, come back in here like a big boy and own it. Crappy game for Ebron (not targeted) Can't catch what isn't thrown but let's blame Ebron for that. All that pressure Im sure kept him in more often than not. Excellent season so far. Lost the battle. Winning the war! Congrats on the W? I think? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Edited by georg013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, georg013 said:

I missed you Milkman. Sucks that you curl into a ball and roll away when things dont go your way. Next time Ebron blows up, come back in here like a big boy and own it. Crappy game for Ebron (not targeted) Can't catch what isn't thrown but let's blame Ebron for that. All that pressure Im sure kept him in more often than not. Excellent season so far. Lost the battle. Winning the war! Congrats on the W? I think? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

He's the one of the biggest busts of his draft class but at least I didn't call you a piece of #### stain toilet paper over it. Thanksgiving to you too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Not really but thanks for playing

A top 10 pick that has been barely startable for the 3 years he's been in the league and when his team has no other options really he's barely better than replacement level during his third year. GJGE

Edited by Milkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Milkman said:

A top 10 pick that has been barely startable for the 3 years he's been in the league and when his team has no other options really he's barely better than replacement level during his third year. GJGE

Until this year they had one of the best receivers in the league.  This year he was a top 6 TE, per game.  (Until this week)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FUBAR said:

Until this year they had one of the best receivers in the league.  This year he was a top 6 TE, per game.  (Until this week)

He'll never have a better opportunity than he has right now. He's TE11 on per game basis. That's not great return on Detroit's top 10 pick. It's actually laughable. Along with his mediocre numbers under pristine conditions I've never seen a moment on the field where I said "wow" watching him.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

He's the one of the biggest busts of his draft class but at least I didn't call you a piece of #### stain toilet paper over it. Thanksgiving to you too!

Greg Robinson has been the single biggest bust of the 2014 draft class. Him and Eric Fisher are probably the biggest busts of the past 5 years. Ebron has actually been a solid contributor. People expect TEs to come in a contribute right away and it almost never happens. Even the good ones take a while to be fantasy difference makers. Detroit reached drafting him, but he's hardly been a bust

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Greg Robinson has been the single biggest bust of the 2014 draft class. Him and Eric Fisher are probably the biggest busts of the past 5 years. Ebron has actually been a solid contributor. People expect TEs to come in a contribute right away and it almost never happens. Even the good ones take a while to be fantasy difference makers. Detroit reached drafting him, but he's hardly been a bust

TE do tend to start off slow but he's shown nothing that proves he's anything special. This was his year to do that. Detroit will begin to build their offense around someone else next year. He can still be "one" of the biggest busts in that draft class and not be "the" biggest bust in the draft class. Detroit drafted him as a difference maker and he's not one. He's an average TE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milkman said:
1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

Until this year they had one of the best receivers in the league.  This year he was a top 6 TE, per game.  (Until this week)

He'll never have a better opportunity than he has right now. He's TE11 on per game basis. That's not great return on Detroit's top 10 pick. It's actually laughable. Along with his mediocre numbers under pristine conditions I've never seen a moment on the field where I said "wow" watching him.

Sometimes TEs are asked to block. He did that today and the Lions won. I'd say that is a good day at the office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, drfeelgood said:

Sometimes TEs are asked to block. He did that today and the Lions won. I'd say that is a good day at the office.

Nice! A top 10 Blocking TE! I'm sure that's what they were hoping when they drafted him.......

Edited by Milkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Milkman said:

He's the one of the biggest busts of his draft class but at least I didn't call you a piece of #### stain toilet paper over it. Thanksgiving to you too!

oh, come on.  He's a starter and a big part of his team's offense, both receiving and blocking.  Has he underperformed his draft slot?  Yes, but in no way is he one of the biggest busts of his draft class.  Many guys drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft aren't contributing anything to their teams.  Also, Ebron is 23.  He's as young or younger than many of the 2016 rookie class.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

oh, come on.  He's a starter and a big part of his team's offense, both receiving and blocking.  Has he underperformed his draft slot?  Yes, but in no way is he one of the biggest busts of his draft class.  Many guys drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft aren't contributing anything to their teams.  Also, Ebron is 23.  He's as young or younger than many of the 2016 rookie class.

He's basically every ok TE in the league. He never flashes special. It's possible we're arguing semantics. Maybe because he's a starter and an ok blocker you don't think he is. I'm kind of blending FF and real football performances when I say that. Ebron's maybe garnered enough confidence from his owners to start for the last couple weeks over a WW TE but now he just threw out a zero and many of those owners will be hesitant again to march him out there again. Considering his draft slot that's a bust imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

He's basically every ok TE in the league. He never flashes special. It's possible we're arguing semantics. Maybe because he's a starter and an ok blocker you don't think he is. I'm kind of blending FF and real football performances when I say that. Ebron's maybe garnered enough confidence from his owners to start for the last couple weeks over a WW TE but now he just threw out a zero and many of those owners will be hesitant again to march him out there again. Considering his draft slot that's a bust imo. 

If we're looking at ff, he was the 15th TE taken in my redraft.  Heading into this week he was the 6th TE, ppg. That's not a bust.  

Your final point is understood, but this was only his 3rd game under 10 points.  Jordan reed is the only TE with fewer games under 10. Granted, EE missed a few games - but when healthy he's usually performed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

This guy burned me horribly yesterday in fantasy but if anyone thinks a 23 year old emerging TE who has been pretty consistent all year is a bust and/or not any good you need to pick a new sport to watch.

Some people dont have identities without being the contrarian in every thread. No use in crying over spilt milk. Eric Ebron has and will continue to pay dividends for those who patiently waited this thing out. I find it interesting that we know it usually takes a few years for TEs to produce yet Ebron was expected to be elite right out the gates. It wasnt his fault he was drafted top 10. He just was. As a poster above stated, he is only 23 and becoming a large part of the offense. The Vikings defense put a lot of pressure on Stafford yesterday and Ebron didnt have the targets. It's a small stain on an otherwise solid campaign. I am excited to see what he brings next year during a (fingers crossed) full season. I lost: Keenan, Lacy, Watkins, Watts, L. Green, Coleman, Jeffery, Ebron, Mathieu to injury/suspension this year, so I take nothing for granted. 

Edited by georg013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, georg013 said:

I find it interesting that we know it usually takes a few years for TEs to produce yet Ebron was expected to be elite right out the gates. It wasnt his fault he was drafted top 10. He just was. 

The comparison might partly be due to him going slightly before OBJ. As unfair as the comp might be, it's there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, georg013 said:

Yet Vance McDonald is a "monster" in your eyes. Nuff said.

It's funny you would bring him up. I was thinking about bringing him up myself. Way more wow moments from Vance. I would absolutely take him over Ebron on a pure talent basis right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to TE Eric Ebron, PIT

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...