What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

Magic_Man said:
Looks like his value in PPR dynasty is through the roof. I just tried to acquire him & was told it would take both my 2018 1st rounders (Should be high picks), Fournette & another player TBD. No thank you!
You have to pay extra to acquire studs, why on earth would anyone be interested in a lateral move for an elite talent?

Anybody sitting him vs. Patrick Peterson?

I could Devante Parker, Marvin Jones, or James White.

Don't think I can do that.

Anybody sitting him vs. Patrick Peterson?

I could Devante Parker, Marvin Jones, or James White.

Don't think I can do that.
trying to muster the courage to bench him for D Jax assuming evans gets peterson treatment. they've been a very fantasy WR friendly defense this year so perhaps peterson is doing his job but no one else is.

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to muster the courage to bench him for D Jax assuming evans gets peterson treatment. they've been a very fantasy WR friendly defense this year so perhaps peterson is doing his job but no one else is.
That's what I'm reading.  WR1 gets shut down hard core and everyone else eats.

That's what I'm reading.  WR1 gets shut down hard core and everyone else eats.
did Peterson shadow alshon last week? he only went 3-31.... dez only had 2 catches against peterson.... ty had 4-49, garcon 4-46... only golden tate in week 1 had a good game (10-100 or something).... but i dont know if peterson really shadowed him

start your studs. I have to sit one of Evans, Michael Thomas, Chris Hogan, Larry Fitzgerald, & Jarvis Landry & it wont be Mike evans 

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
did Peterson shadow alshon last week? he only went 3-31.... dez only had 2 catches against peterson.... ty had 4-49, garcon 4-46... only golden tate in week 1 had a good game (10-100 or something).... but i dont know if peterson really shadowed him
Peterson covered Marvin Jones in Week 1.  But no I'm not benching Evans... He's good enough to make it happen, much more athletic than that group.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
start your studs. I have to sit one of Evans, Michael Thomas, Chris Hogan, Larry Fitzgerald, & Jarvis Landry & it wont be Mike evans 
True, the thought ever so briefly crossed my mind to sit AB vs Jalen Ramsey last week and we saw how that turned out.  However, I watched that game and Ramsey was not shadowing.

The rule of thumb is to attack Bethel so I'm sure Djax will eat, along with Humphries. WR1s and TEs don't normally fare well vs ARI.

I'm honestly not afraid to sit studs if I have other logical options. You also have to factor in how they're playing in general. Is Evans producing like a stud? I honestly think the "start your studs" #### is overplayed. 

Last year Evans managed a good game vs ARI because he saw 17 targets which he turned into a 6/70/1 line. I think of he wants to sniff those numbers again he'll need similar volume with the way PP is playing right now.

The rule of thumb is to attack Bethel so I'm sure Djax will eat, along with Humphries. WR1s and TEs don't normally fare well vs ARI.

I'm honestly not afraid to sit studs if I have other logical options. You also have to factor in how they're playing in general. Is Evans producing like a stud? I honestly think the "start your studs" #### is overplayed. 

Last year Evans managed a good game vs ARI because he saw 17 targets which he turned into a 6/70/1 line. I think of he wants to sniff those numbers again he'll need similar volume with the way PP is playing right now.
I remember last year when Tampa played Seattle there was all this shadow talk and Evans/sherman hype. I almost benched him. He had 6-80 2 tds in the first quarter. Roasted sherman for at least one of the tds. 

I remember last year when Tampa played Seattle there was all this shadow talk and Evans/sherman hype. I almost benched him. He had 6-80 2 tds in the first quarter. Roasted sherman for at least one of the tds.
I believe PP has allowed 6 catches total in 5 games. He's allowed 7 yards after the catch in total on the year. PP is the best cover corner in the league, I'd comfortably rank Evans outside of my top 12 this week.. if I did rankings.

Let's not forget what idiot caused Evans to attack Lattimore:  a melee that began when Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston -- on the bench with a shoulder injury -- poked the helmet of New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore. As Lattimore retaliated, Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans flattened him from behind.

The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Let's not forget what idiot caused Evans to attack Lattimore:  a melee that began when Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston -- on the bench with a shoulder injury -- poked the helmet of New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore. As Lattimore retaliated, Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans flattened him from behind.

The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Yeah, my takeaway from the Evans thing was what a shmuck Winston is

Where the hell is he this year?  WR18 right now in my ppr leagues, WR11 in targets, and tied for 25th in TD's... this is not the Evans I know.  Anyone have insight into his season of why he isn't doing what he's done in the past?  

I think I would’ve been better off taking Beckham with the 5th pick...at least he wouldn’t be wasting a roster spot  :X

This is the week.

people are benching him, while maybe not a great matchup I could see this game being a shootout type game, especially in the second half. The bucs have to know they have messed up and will correct themselves this week and feed him the ball.

my prediction: 11-173-2 and a nice win for me in my main dynasty league

I can vividly recall discussing this guy in this thread in the middle of last season and saying that it felt like having one of, if not, the biggest bargains of the 2016 FF draft and that the following season, he'd more than likely be a relative bust. Last year, he returned top 6 numbers for a late second early third in most cases. He was never likely to return on a first rounder this year. That said, I never thought he'd actually bust, just maybe go for 1100/6 type of seasonal numbers. Winston has not been good, the run game, OL, defence, they're all trash and all part of the problem.

Starting because I feel like I must.  
Same here. He was my second round pick. And even though he's turning out to look like he might be just a guy, I still remember how great he looked at times last year and the year before.. And how Winston would just force targets to him. Maybe I'm a fool, but I still think he might have that big game in him somewhere along the line. And I don't want it to be when he's on my bench. So I guess I'm just going to plug him in and go down with the ship.

Burkhead. 

But it doesn't matter. I need an astronimal amount of things to happen for me to get in. Unlikely. So for spite I'll,sit him this last game.

I only have Evans on one team (my oldest league) and I was bummed I didn't land him more. He's killed my team. Or I should say I did. I played him week after week while rotating through Thomas and Hopkins. Killed me....

I am pretty tired of him having owned him since his rookie season in two dynasty leagues.

i hope he has a good last quarter so his value stays high and I can deal him in the off season.  I threw out a couple of ideas to some savvy dynasty owners I trust and they still value him very highly.  

That said, if he sucks these last several games it may be another waiting period for him to get back on track before dealing him.  Ultimately it is only a matter of time for me to sell him, and I hope I can still get great value.  That is not the same certainty as last year though when I initially thought about selling.

Tampa's offensive line is in shambles.  There honestly isn't time for the QB to get the ball down the field to the WR's.  When they do get the ball to him he typically drops it.  They basically played a screen game last week because the line is so bad.  Any time Winston did a 5 or 7 step drop he was being hit at the bottom of it.

I’m flip flopping on switching him out for Alf Morris.  So tough to give up on a guy that can be so good but my brain is telling me to. 

Guys they are playing the Lions. Don't overthink this. Start Evans with confidence. Forget about everything that has led to this point in the season. This is a hit up Lions team led by Jim Caldwell, with almost zero shot at the playoffs. I am a Lions fan and I am telling you that Evans is going to abuse Slay or whoever they match up on him. Doug Martin is a great play too if he starts.

Users who are viewing this thread