What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Pick Calculator (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
Looking for a good draft pick calculator for dynasty purposes. Know of lots for regular redraft but can't find a decent one for dynasty. Anyone got one?

Looking for a good draft pick calculator for dynasty purposes. Know of lots for regular redraft but can't find a decent one for dynasty. Anyone got one?
I think its Jeff Pasquino that has link to download one in his signature. It's an excel spreadsheet or I'd link it to you here.

Has anyone really used that calculator? I plugged in pick 7 for picks 10 and 11 and it says it's extremely unbalanced towards pick 7. You would need to add pick 16 into the equation to balance out. Seems off to me.

Has anyone really used that calculator? I plugged in pick 7 for picks 10 and 11 and it says it's extremely unbalanced towards pick 7. You would need to add pick 16 into the equation to balance out. Seems off to me.
I just tried it and it's saying I'd need to add pick 26 (12 team league, so 3.02) to the 1.07 side to blance it out - that seems "right to me.

I just tried it and it's saying I'd need to add pick 26 (12 team league, so 3.02) to the 1.07 side to blance it out - that seems "right to me.
I'm using it for a 32 teamer. Maybe it's just off for very large leagues.

I'm using it for a 32 teamer. Maybe it's just off for very large leagues.
I think there is a systemic flaw in the way it calculates draft pick values.

When you increase starting roster sizes or league size this increases the 'dynasty factor' which then decreases the value of later picks relative to the 1.1.

For example using lineup of 1/2/2/1/1/1 and 30 roster spots with 10 teams:

1.1 worth 1889 and 1.7 worth 1287.

When you cut the league size to 32 teams:

1.1 worth 1889 and 1.7 worth 553.

This seems very counter-intuitive to me. I would think 1.7 is worth relatively more since players are more scarce and VBD baselines get lowered. Same situation with increasing starting lineup requirements.

I like the tool itself, you just can't trust the generated dynasty factor. What I have done in the past is plug in various completed trades in my format to estimate the dynasty factor and then you can use your own static dynasty factor for other trades.

So to answer your question, I don't think it is just large league sizes where it becomes uncalibrated, but that is definitely one of the situations.

Users who are viewing this thread