What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Look how unbalanced (in favor of passing) a Jay Gruden offense is year after year. The Redskins would not be a bad place for him. Plus the way the Eagles have improved and the Giants could with that 1.2 pick, you’ll get a lot of meaningless garbage points with Skins skilled players next year  :bag: (life long miserable Skins fan)

This presumes that Jags & ARob are not talking long term deal.  I wouldn’t take that bet
He only has to wait another 6 days to find out what other teams might offer though.  With the amount of cap space some teams have plus lack of WR talent (SF really stands out here) it's probably going to be tough for the Jags to compete with the offers.

Watkins is on the market too though - I'd say both guys' agents will probably position themselves to get Davante Adams money (4yrs/$58).  They are both better talents than Adams IMO and a year younger too.

Yes: SF, GB

Maybe: KC, CHI, ARI

No: WASH, BALT, CLE, NYJ, BUF, MIA, CAR

Please and thank you.
Haha yeah I would hate to see him go to CLE or CAR.

BALT might be OK and NO for KC, but otherwise I agree.

Salivating at GB if they cut both Nelson and Cobb and replace with ARob and in house options like Allison or Clark. It's not Ted Thompson anymore so it could actually happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible but it seems like a longshot.  Tying up two big long-term deals for WRs for a team that always gets knocked out of the playoffs because they have deficiencies elsewhere that they need to fill.

They are also starting to talk with Rodgers about an extension and that thing is not going to be cheap.

It's possible but it seems like a longshot.  Tying up two big long-term deals for WRs for a team that always gets knocked out of the playoffs because they have deficiencies elsewhere that they need to fill.

They are also starting to talk with Rodgers about an extension and that thing is not going to be cheap.
Agreed. Rodgers probably has a say and I assume he would want Jordy around. They probably address it in the draft or a less expensive FA. 

Haha yeah I would hate to see him go to CLE or CAR.

BALT might be OK and NO for KC, but otherwise I agree.

Salivating at GB if they cut both Nelson and Cobb and replace with ARob and in house options like Allison or Clark. It's not Ted Thompson anymore so it could actually happen.
IND may be interesting if Luck returns to health. I think Mahomes has potential but with Kelce/Hill there it would be a lot to feed. 

I would love Robinson in SF. Seems he fits more what shanny might look for in a wr than Watkins. All signs just point to SF don’t they? They have the need, the $$, probably one the best if the young qb options (over rookies and placeholder guys). The system that would make him a wr1 in fantasy. 

I really can’t wait for next week to begin so some of these guys get new homes and we get a little more clarity as to what may happen in the draft. 

I just cannot get my head around why in this day and age in the NFL, where the game has been so engineered to passing O and the salary cap has grown outrageously, that a team would willingly surrender an asset like Robinson.
The last full season he played he was below average. He is also coming off a major injury. Although it is surprising, I can at least see some reasons why they would pass. 

I just cannot get my head around why in this day and age in the NFL, where the game has been so engineered to passing O and the salary cap has grown outrageously, that a team would willingly surrender an asset like Robinson.
I think that if Westbrook and Cole hadn't shown signs of blossoming, it would have been much more likely that Robinson got tagged. It allows the team to focus on other issues that may be more pressing.

I think that if Westbrook and Cole hadn't shown signs of blossoming, it would have been much more likely that Robinson got tagged. It allows the team to focus on other issues that may be more pressing.
This.  I'm a big ARob fan...and....I'm wonder if, after the success they had last season without him, the Jags are thinking that's money that can be better spent keeping that incredible defense going while expecting growth from their current young WRs.  To be honest, this could be a win-win - the Jags save some money to spend elsewhere and Robinson has an opportunity to go somewhere with an offense and QB better suited to his talents.

Seems like they want to save the money to spend on the guys they have that prevent the other team's passing O from clicking, who are going to have some big contracts coming up in the next few years.  Also leave themselves the flexibility to chase one of those QBs that are so much more important to the Passing O if/when Bortles doesn't develop.

We don't really know how great ARob is.  One good season in four with pretty meh efficiency all around.  Hard to judge with the poor QB play of course, but it's not like it's some lock.  We've seen them with their team built around chucking the ball to ARob a bunch and they were a 5 win team.  Playing defense and running the ball they were a play away from the Super Bowl, and they're not going to be able to keep that defense together for long if they start paying big bucks to WRs.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the right move to not re-sign him, but I can see where they're coming from.  The league may be engineered to passing O but the Jags are not.

As a Pats fan watching their success over the past two decades I have always felt the most underrated factor for their success is not just who they bring in but who they let go...they have had a ton of sky is falling moments with the fans and media because (insert player name here) is leaving...while BB has had more than his share of mistakes bringing guys in he has been exceptionally good at letting players leave at the right time either due to age or money...he rarely gets burnt in that scenario...if you are going to be good for the long-term you have to make these tough decisions and be willing to take the heat...Coughlin and the Jags may simply be looking at the big picture and feel that ARob just isn't worth the money he is going to get (because he is going to get a lot...and may be worth it to another team in a different spot than the Jags are currently in)...with youngsters like Cole and Westbrook on the roster he maybe willing to let him walk and save the money for other areas of the team he feels are more important to their future...if this is the case I give him a ton of credit and think this is a positive development for the franchise although it may not seem that way right now...

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 4m

Former Jaguars’ WR Allen Robinson intends to sign with the Chicago Bears barring any last-minute snags when free agency opens Wednesday, source tells ESPN.

My dreams of him catching passes from Jimmy G are over. Niners must not have been pursuing that hard.
A few articles said that the 49ers are not going to be that aggressive in FA, but may have been blowing smoke.

In any event, I think he'll do well in Chicago as the primary target and I think Trubisky is going to take a big step forward under Nagy.

A few articles said that the 49ers are not going to be that aggressive in FA, but may have been blowing smoke.

In any event, I think he'll do well in Chicago as the primary target and I think Trubisky is going to take a big step forward under Nagy.
If Kevin White can ever stay on the field, and Shaheen steps up, that could be a really exciting offense with those guys, Cohen and Howard. 

On a side note, it looks like a 2nd round tender is just under $3 million. Original round tender is just under $2 million. I am confused why a team would risk getting nothing for a player to save $1 million. 

I don’t own Robinson anywhere, but I think the Bears are his best landing spot 
The worst passing offense in the league.  Outdoors in Chicago.  Best spot for a WR?

There is a reason the Bears don't have a memorable WR in the history of the franchise.

The worst passing offense in the league.  Outdoors in Chicago.  Best spot for a WR?

There is a reason the Bears don't have a memorable WR in the history of the franchise.
Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey were plenty useable for fantasy purposes recently. 

Young talented QB.  Innovate offensive minds on the coaching staff.  Minimal competition for targets.  

As others have mentioned Marshall and Jeffrey had big years in Chicago.  

The Bears have had there share of good receivers that have put up some big numbers but certainly not a lot of them in the last 10 years.  Jeffery, Marshall, Marty Booker, Marcus Robinson and Curtis Conway would be the most recent really good WRs they've had.  Not the best list but they've had some guys.

Most recently they just haven't had the talent on the team.  If Trubisky is the guy he was drafted to be then Robinson could have some great years with the offense Nagy puts together.  I'm guessing people are not going to be high on AR because he's a Bear so he could offer some great value.

I don't like the landing spot nearly as much as other ones, however, there is some merit to him being possibly a target hog.

Im looking to buy at a discount from disgruntled owners right now I think

The Bears have had there share of good receivers that have put up some big numbers but certainly not a lot of them in the last 10 years.  Jeffery, Marshall, Marty Booker, Marcus Robinson and Curtis Conway would be the most recent really good WRs they've had.  Not the best list but they've had some guys.

Most recently they just haven't had the talent on the team.  If Trubisky is the guy he was drafted to be then Robinson could have some great years with the offense Nagy puts together.  I'm guessing people are not going to be high on AR because he's a Bear so he could offer some great value.

could you explain to me why team narratives like this really matter? the bears have had 3 different coaches in that window and i'd be surprised if more than a couple players on the 2012-13 bears are still on the team.

i get the trivia part of going through different bears receivers but i'm having a real hard time figuring out how marty booker's career is informative to predicting what allen robinson will do in the windy city...

After seeing the Dolphins get a 4th and a 7th for Landry, you have to feel like JAX could've gotten something for AR15. 

Users who are viewing this thread