What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

I still think Robinson is the play here as well. Definitely trying to acquire and hold. Big bodies like his produce fantasy points. Bortles is going to be a stud.

Brewtown said:
He is way better than Hurns!!!
I feel that's the consensus but does Shorts stick around for awhile?
Based on what? His draft status? That's the only standard by which he is better. He hasn't done anything.
Yeah with Robinson being on the car lift, Hurns has earned a look no doubt. But I think Robinson gets on the field and next season goes in as the top guy (assuming Lee settles in as a 2).

Rotoworld:

Jaguars second-round WR Allen Robinson (hamstring) remained limited in Monday's practice, but said he'll "definitely" be ready for Sunday's opener against the Eagles.
Specifically, Robinson said he'd be ready for a "role" against Philly. That means his snaps will be limited after missing the entire preseason, but Robinson should get up to speed in a hurry. For now, he's the Jags' No. 4 receiver, but he should eventually pass UDFA Allen Hurns.

Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

for all the chatter about hurns, i am not worried about robinson. he's never been one with an injury history. he's been ridiculously productive on the field too. he'll get his soon enough.

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson (hamstring) was upgraded to "full" in Thursday's practice.
Robinson's health has taken on increased importance after Cecil Shorts nicked his hamstring on Thursday. Robinson will be Jax's No. 3 receiver against the Eagles if Shorts can't go, but for the moment, remains off the re-draft radar.

Source: John Oehser on Twitter

With Hurns now hurt and Shorts not looking close to healthy, expect Robinson to start and not relinquish his spot.

Long-term, I firmly believe Robinson is the most talented WR on the roster and will be the most productive. It's not that Lee isn't talented; he is. Robinson is simply more talented.

Per PFF, Robinson had 5 targets on 25 routes, aDOT of 15.8 yards. Running deeper routes gives him considerably more upside than Lee.

The Allen Robinson coming out party will occur this weekend. He is the only decent healthy wide received left on the Jags and along with garbage time potential vs Indy, I think he will grab and hold onto the starting WR position for the Jags. The potential for Bortles to be starting soon only adds to his upside.

The Allen Robinson coming out party will occur this weekend. He is the only decent healthy wide received left on the Jags and along with garbage time potential vs Indy, I think he will grab and hold onto the starting WR position for the Jags. The potential for Bortles to be starting soon only adds to his upside.
Yeah, I'm not sure about him having a coming out party, but he definitely has an opportunity to grab a starting role. IMO he has the most upside of any WR on the team.

Marcedes Lewis was also put on short term IR so there goes a bunch of targets. Shaping up to be a great opportunity for Robinson.

It seems like Shorts might play, but either way A-Rob should get 8+ targets this week simply by virtue of the fact that they have nobody else healthy to catch the ball. I was a big fan of his as a draft prospect and I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances of putting up some numbers in this game and possibly throughout the entire season. He's definitely a good preemptive waiver buy in redraft and a decent emergency play this week.

Rotoworld today (prior to the game):

The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran expects Allen Robinson to be a "full-time participant" Sunday against the Colts.

Robinson played 32-of-52 snaps last week against the Redskins, but due to injuries (Marqise Lee) and Robinson's understanding of the offense, his role could grow this week. Cecil Shorts (hamstring) is making his season debut, and Allen Hurns is coming off a sprained ankle. Both players may not be able to play the full amount of snaps. Robinson is merely a shot-in-the-dark re-draft option.

Sep 21 - 9:26 AM
Source: Florida Times Union
Allen Robinson is listed as a starter opposite Cecil Shorts in Sunday's Week 3 game against the Colts.

Allen Hurns (ankle) is active, but it sounds like he'll serve as the No. 3 receiver. It's a monster opportunity for the talented Robinson, although he's going to see a lot of shutdown CB Vontae Davis. Marqise Lee (hamstring) is inactive, along with TE Clay Harbor, OL Austin Pasztor, CB Jeremy Harris, G Tyler Shatley, RB Storm Johnson and WR Tavvares King.

Sep 21 - 11:48 AM
Source: Jaguars on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see the game today, but I noticed that he led the Jaguars with 7 catches for 79 yards - how did he look? Did it appear that he had some chemistry with Bortles?

I didn't see the game, but looking at play-by-play, he had 5-52 with Bortles in the game. Bortles also took a shot deep to him on the Vontae Davis pick.

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson reeled in 7-of-10 targets for 79 yards in the Jaguars' Week 3 loss to the Colts.

Robinson racked up catches in garbage time after drawing the start over Allen Hurns, who scored a 63-yard touchdown on his lone reception against the Colts. A 21-year-old athletic marvel with a 42-inch vertical, Robinson is more of a Dynasty league stash than re-draft starter. Still, he could become a WR3 option during bye-week crunches now that the Jags have installed Blake Bortles at quarterback. The Jaguars head to San Diego next.

Sep 21 - 4:31 PM

Yeah, looked like a nice connection there between he and Bortles. He caught balls in traffic and ran good routes. Considering they will be playing from behind every week, he could put up nice yardage, and maybe some Tds.

With limited practice time, Jaguars WR Allen Robinson not yet in groove:

September 12

http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2014-09-12/story/limited-practice-time-jaguars-wr-allen-robinson-not-yet#gsc.tab=0

When the Jaguars selected Marqise Lee with the 39th pick on the second round of the draft last May, they seemed to have addressed the wide receiver position.

But when Penn States Allen Robinson was still on the board at the 61st pick on the second round, they decided they had to pay the price to get him, too.

They had the 70th pick, the sixth pick on the third round, but decided Robinson might not last nine more picks. So they traded their third round pick along with a fifth to San Francisco to grab him.

Robinson suffered a hamstring injury during OTAs, but in the first week of training camp, he was everything the Jaguars thought he would be as he showed his ability to use his size to make catches.

Then on Aug. 1, on the eighth day of camp, he suffered another hamstring injury. He would miss the preseason and didnt start taking full reps in practice until last week. This is the first week he wasnt on the injury report.

In the opening loss to Philadelphia, Robinson was limited to 20 snaps and made one catch.

Now the question is how quickly Robinson can make up for lost time and become a factor in the Jaguars offense. With Cecil Shorts doubtful for the game Sunday in Washington, the Jaguars would get a boost if Robinson can make more of an impact.

Hopefully, you can see him more involved in the offense in Washington, said Jaguars coach Gus Bradley.

But Bradley and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch both noted Robinsons lack of practice time.

Hes getting started, but a lot of these guys have had a lot more practices than he has so weve got to make sure we put him in the best possible position to succeed, Fisch said.

I think that what we saw from his college tapes and what we saw when he got here, he went up and made some big plays. He competes for the football, can jump out of the stadium, hes got a 40-inch vertical, hes a big strong guy. But weve got to see him play more. Last week, he only took two reps a period. The two balls we threw to him were quick little screens. Weve got to see how we can stretch the field and extend some plays once he catches it, he said.

In his lone catch against the Eagles, he was tackled quickly for no gain.

He had a chance to come back to the ball and go right up the numbers and kind of stood still and got tackled for nothing, Fisch said.

It was a first-and-5 play at the Eagles 19. Two plays later, Chad Henne and Marquis Lee had a miscommunication on third down on a pass that misfired. Josh Scobee then had a field goal attempt blocked, and the Jaguars started losing momentum. A 17-0 lead would evaporate into a 34-17 loss.

Bradley said he stressed to Robinson that as he learns new routes, he cant forget to go for the ball.

Dont think too much about the depth of the routes and how to run the routes, that you forget to do what you do great, which is to compete for the ball, Bradley said. I think hes going through that right now. He is tremendously talented, so if we can just help him get through that, I think well be in good shape.

Robinson said the hamstring isnt a problem. Im definitely feeling good and Im ready to lock and load and just go out there and try to compete and get better each and every day, he said.

Im trying to get back in the rhythm. Im trying to stay with the process and get back to playing at a super high level.

He said Shorts injured hamstring and doubtful status wont change his focus.

Regardless of whos playing, Ive got to go out there and compete each and every day, he said.

Deep-dive: Young QBs, RBs to stash off waivers

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000399163/article/deepdive-young-qbs-rbs-to-stash-off-waivers

Excerpt:

Allen Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars (0.2 percent owned): Robinson is becoming both healthier and more impactful on the field as the season progresses. After having one catch for zero yards in the season opener, he's hauled in 11 of his last 16 targets for 154, and has had more than seven fantasy points in each of the last two weeks. It wouldn't be surprising to start seeing Robinson eat into the snaps and targets of fellow rookie Allen Hurns as well, as Robinson is the more gifted (and higher-drafted) wideout. He's worth a flier as he could blossom into a soild WR3.

In. Always liked him at Penn State. Just dropped Chris Johnson to get him. So let's see what he can do.

Picked him up in three different leagues and I couldn't be more thrilled. Love what I've seen so far. I'm even giving him a shot this week in one league due to byes. Giddy up! :banned:

Jaguars vs. Chargers fantasy football: Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, and Josh Scobee

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/24/6836521/jaguars-vs-chargers-fantasy-football-blake-bortles-allen-robinson-josh-scobee

Excerpt:

tWR Allen Robinson: Bortles developed a rapport with most of the receivers in the preseason, but his connection with Robinson on the field is the most obvious. With fellow rookie Marqise Lee likely out against the Chargers, and Hurns dropping catchable balls in the past two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson get his first touchdown of the season in San Diego. After all, Robinson leads the team in receptions and targets, and has amassed 11 catches for 154 yards in the past two weeks. Start him, especially in PPR leagues.

Predicted stat line: 8 catches, 85 yards, 1 touchdown

I am impressed with how quickly Robinson has contributed, given that he missed significant time prior to the start of the season, and given that he was considered as being not quite pro ready coming out of college.

Robinson appears to be at a nice convergence of talent and opportunity, and I think it is fair to say that his stock is ascending in the fantasy football community.

Anyone know anything about Bortles and Robinson and chemistry. I'm starting him this week with Green on bye. Im concerned about my rookie wr relying on a rookie qb.

I am impressed with how quickly Robinson has contributed, given that he missed significant time prior to the start of the season, and given that he was considered as being not quite pro ready coming out of college.

Robinson appears to be at a nice convergence of talent and opportunity, and I think it is fair to say that his stock is ascending in the fantasy football community.
Huh. It's interesting that he was considered "not quite pro ready." I thought he was more pro ready all along....but had possibly a lower ceiling than some others. Given that the Jaguars suck and will be throwing the ball constantly, Robinson has a great opportunity to put up garbage time stats.....and every quarter after the 1st quarter is garbage time for the Jags.

Anyone know anything about Bortles and Robinson and chemistry. I'm starting him this week with Green on bye. Im concerned about my rookie wr relying on a rookie qb.
It's a very small sample size, but with 7 catches on 10 targets last week, and an increase in his snap count (partially due to the number of injuries, etc.), it appears that they have some degree of chemistry together.

Bortles didn't hesitate to chuck it up to him last week regardless of coverage. I see him getting plenty of looks.

Huh. It's interesting that he was considered "not quite pro ready." I thought he was more pro ready all along....but had possibly a lower ceiling than some others.
The 4.6 time was the main concern. But as has been pointed out in other threads, lots of "slow guys" get open in this league. Anquan Boldin, for example, whom Robinson seems to be compared to the most. Not sure I love that comp... Boldin is a BULL, but whatever.

Raider Nation said:
Picked him up in three different leagues and I couldn't be more thrilled. Love what I've seen so far. I'm even giving him a shot this week in one league due to byes. Giddy up! :banned:
How the #### do you have over 2500 likes, GB?!

and yeah, Robinson is legit

Huh. It's interesting that he was considered "not quite pro ready." I thought he was more pro ready all along....but had possibly a lower ceiling than some others.
The 4.6 time was the main concern. But as has been pointed out in other threads, lots of "slow guys" get open in this league. Anquan Boldin, for example, whom Robinson seems to be compared to the most. Not sure I love that comp... Boldin is a BULL, but whatever.
never understood why anyone was concerned with his speed, he doesn't need it to win one on one.

never understood why anyone was concerned with his speed, he doesn't need it to win one on one.
GMs are slaves to the stopwatch, you know that.

bad ones, yes. Good ones go to the tape. I have some doubts about Gus but this management team has them on the right track if they at least make contact with Bortles. I don't think he even needs to be great, just functional, a less rapey Big Ben.

Projected as a late first to early second-round pick, Robinson improved his 40-yard dash time on Tuesday at his Pro Day, running what was clocked from “4.42 to 4.47 and some 4.5s.” Robinson ran a 4.60 second 40-yard dash at the combine, a number that continued to raise questions about his breakaway speed.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/04/allen_robinson_bolsters_nfl_dr.html

bad ones, yes. Good ones go to the tape. I have some doubts about Gus but this management team has them on the right track if they at least make contact with Bortles. I don't think he even needs to be great, just functional, a less rapey Big Ben.
Allegedly

12 PLAYERS THE TOP EXPERTS LIKE THIS WEEK:

http://www.fantasypros.com/2014/09/top-expert-picks-week-4/

Excerpt:

Allen Robinson (JAC at SD)

Consensus Rank: WR #42

Expert’s Rank: WR #23

Accuracy: #2 (out of 128)

“Blake Bortles gets his first career start in San Diego this week so that means everyone’s stock is up in Jacksonville. I loved Robinson coming out of Penn State and he’s already given folks tons to talk about after last week’s 7/79/0 line on 10 targets. With Bortles, Robinson caught 6 passes for 73 yards so there could be a connection already between the 2 rookies. San Diego’s defense is allowing a QB rating of 101.1 to opposing QBs so there should be passing opportunities. As always with all Jags, the opportunity for garbage points is huge.”

- Tom Poisal (Top Tier Football)

“Trusting Jaguars offensive skill positions players can be a dicey proposition. This week the Jags turn to 2014 first round pick Blake Bortles to lead the team. Fellow rookie Allen Robinson had 10 targets going 7 for 79 yards in a losing affair last week versus the Colts. His role has increased exponentially the last two weeks and with Marqise Lee again highly questionable to play, the work he has gotten all week with Bortles in practice may be the difference come Sunday. This week could very well be his coming out party.”

- Terrance Bridgett (ProjectRoto)

Users who are viewing this thread