What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (5 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson secured 4-of-7 targets for 60 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars' Week 7 win over the Browns.

The Jaguars gave Robinson opportunities to make plays downfield this week. He couldn't win a few contested vertical catches, but did break a tackle and go to the house on his 31-yard second-quarter score. Robinson is the most talented wideout in the Jaguars' corps. He's earned weekly WR3 consideration, especially in PPR leagues. Jacksonville will take on Miami's defense next.

Oct 19 - 4:28 PM

Since Blake Bortles started playing in Week 4, Allen Robinson is top 10 in receptions, top 14 in targets and 26th in the NFL in yardage
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMR141023/matthew-berry-love-hate-list-sleepers-busts-best-starts-sits-fantasy-football-week-8
As a Robinson dynasty owner, it pleases me that not only is he doing well but he's gaining chemistry and experience with the franchise QB. I think that's an important factor in long-term success and one that's overlooked. Now just gotta hope Bortles is a top 15 QB throughout the majority of his career.

My most pleasant surprise WR off waivers this year has been A. Robinson. Very quietly averaging over 12 points per week in PPR and over 8 targets a week. A plug and play WR#2 in my scoring system.

My most pleasant surprise WR off waivers this year has been A. Robinson. Very quietly averaging over 12 points per week in PPR and over 8 targets a week. A plug and play WR#2 in my scoring system.
Good to see him separate himself from the other rookies Lee and Hurd.

Those other guys have some talent, too, so I do have some that Bortles starts spreading it around more as he gets more confidence in himself.

From the blogger:

Jaguars | Allen Robinson on top of depth chart Fri Oct 24, 02:35 PM

Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson has risen to the top of the team's depth chart, and he's played 90 percent of the offensive snaps in the last three weeks. Robinson is well ahead of WR Marqise Lee on the wide receiver pecking order.

Those other guys have some talent, too, so I do have some that Bortles starts spreading it around more as he gets more confidence in himself.
He hasn't done much of anything since Robinson got into the rotation. Over those same 3 weeks, Hurns has chipped in 7-51-0 on 17 targets.

He hasn't done much of anything since Robinson got into the rotation. Over those same 3 weeks, Hurns has chipped in 7-51-0 on 17 targets.
True, Hurd has become an afterthought but doesn't mean it's dead in the water either. Rookie QB and three rookie WRs plus Shorts - Robinson has taken hold but doesn't mean he'll always be the go-to guy.

Dynasty, I'm stubbornly holding onto Hurns, but in redraft I dropped him weeks ago. If I owned Lee in dynasty I'd hold him too. There's a lot of value in the Jags receiving corp and that bodes very well for Mr. Bortles. But the only rosterable redraft WR's on the Jags are Shorts and Robinson.

AR continues to stand out as a focal point in the passing game... Owners have to wonder if Bortles has what it takes to become the QB needed to actually lead that passing game though.

Robinson's best statline of the year, though let's not forget that his 48-yard TD catch came in garbage time. Still counts, of course. He's got a really bright future and looks set to be a top-30/top-40 WR the rest of the season.

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson caught 5-of-10 targets for 82 yards and a touchdown in Jacksonville's Week 8 loss to the Dolphins.

Robinson's 48-yard score came on a busted coverage deep into garbage time. Garbage time is where Robinson has been making his fantasy money, but he's on pace for a tidy 78/906/4 at the season's halfway point. He remains worth stashing as a WR4 with WR2 upside.

Oct 26 - 6:42 PM

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson caught 5-of-10 targets for 82 yards and a touchdown in Jacksonville's Week 8 loss to the Dolphins.Robinson's 48-yard score came on a busted coverage deep into garbage time. Garbage time is where Robinson has been making his fantasy money, but he's on pace for a tidy 78/906/4 at the season's halfway point. He remains worth stashing as a WR4 with WR2 upside.

Oct 26 - 6:42 PM
It's uncanny how well he does in garbage time. I would really like to see him produce earlier in the games. Then again it's all pretty much garbage time in Jax right now.

He's doing really well for a rookie WR.

Fluff piece done before the Miami game where he had another solid performance.

Exciting part is he left school early, was limited in preseason, only had two practices before his hammy flared up, and he's only turned 21 two months ago so as good as he's playing now he still has loads of upside especially when you consider his body is still filing out and that Blake Bortles is a rookie and that he should improve along with Allen Robinson.

Congrats to anyone who picked him up cheap especially in dynasty formats.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2014-10-25/story/jaguars-rookie-allen-robinson-leaving-penn-state-early

For Jaguars rookie Allen Robinson, leaving Penn State early proves to be right callBy Ryan O'Halloran Sat, Oct 25, 2014

... Entering Sunday’s game against Miami, Robinson is tied for second among rookie receivers in catches (34) and third-down receptions (11) and third in yards (371). He gave the Jaguars the lead for good last week against Cleveland with a 31-yard touchdown (his first) on a catch and run late in the first half.

Not bad for being the youngest player on the Jaguars roster — he turned 21 on Aug. 24.

Not bad for being limited to only two off-season practices (May 27-28) because of a hamstring injury.

And not bad for being held out of training camp for all but two full-pad training camp practices (July 30-31) because of a separate hamstring injury.

“And he’s just getting going,” receivers coach Jerry Sullivan said.
... “I knew after my sophomore year that if I worked and worked and worked, the sky could be the limit for me,” Robinson said. “I got more in-tune physically and got stronger and faster.”

... “He’s continuing to get better on a weekly basis,” general manager Dave Caldwell said. “For what he’s gone through [with the injuries] and where he’s at now, it’s a testament to his work ethic.”

... “He has a lot of upside,” receiver Cecil Shorts said. “I think he gets it. He knows how to prepare each week and he knows how to take care of his body and that’s rare for a guy that young. He’s definitely on the right track to being somebody special.”

Forgot how much time he missed both in mini-camps and training camp. Makes his performance all that much more impressive. Kid's got some future if he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight.

Tempering this a bit...

1. He's doing well for a rookie WR - for where he was drafted IRL and in FF, yes, but it's not like he's comparable to Watkins or Benjamin. What is really surprising is his consistency week in and week out. People are sitting up because he's scored the last few weeks, but he blew by Lee and Hurns in snap counts and targets weeks before that.

2. Week 8 - if you didn't catch the game or the NFLN Rewind, the 48 yard TD that made the week was a complete assignment breakdown by the defense. Still, it's also a byproduct of talent meets opportunity. A JAX WR getting garbage time points? SOP the last three years.

3. On the other hand, don't make the mistake of discounting what he is based on his lack of size or freakish athletic ability or draft position. I have been saying this since before the draft (up thread as well): this kid has a work ethic, determination to excel, and a serious (healthy) chip on his shoulder to make everybody who passed on him sorry they didn't nab him when they had their chance.

Crisp routes, good hands, the trust of his QB and the staff - he's the real deal. Not saying he's got a super high ceiling, but I could see him becoming a highly productive WR2 for many years. He's already a solid PPR WR3 [right now] - you're not going to get burned with a 2-25-0 week if he's healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Through 8 games Robinson: 39/453/2

Benjamin: 38/571/5

Watkins: 38/590/5

And Robinson missed a lot of camp and preseason, barely played in week one, has had Chad Henne and a rookie QB. (Granted Watkins had Manuel...)

2014 draft looks like a vintage year for WRs. I can't complain about getting Benjamin, Adams, and Moncrief with my first 3 rookie picks, but I wish I had an extra pick so I coulda had Robinson. I know, I know... I'm a hoarder. :bag:

And Robinson missed a lot of camp and preseason, barely played in week one, has had Chad Henne and a rookie QB. (Granted Watkins had Manuel...)
Also, Benjamin and Watkins were brought in to be the clear cut go-to guys. Robinson had to get healthy and overtake several other promising receivers, including the veteran Shorts (who seems to be 1A/1B now with Robinson).

should be some solid garbage time this week @ CIN. plucked him off waivers and starting over a disappointing VJAX this week, just b/c he's seeing around 10 targets a game.

w/ gio out this week, and aj still hobbled w/ the toe, it might work.

anyone else rolling w/ him in week 9?

It's either him, J Jones, or M Floyd. Robinson has averaged 9 targets a week over the past 6 werks and he has by far the best matchup. I'm starting hom.

Bengals are a very tough matchup for WRs, but it's hard to look at his 10 targets/week and back off. As always, I think he's a solid floor play, but TD opportunities are going to be scarce. The Bengals have only allowed 8 TD passes all year, which is pretty impressive. I'm personally coin flipping between him and LaFell in my third WR slot.

thecardiackid said:
should be some solid garbage time this week @ CIN. plucked him off waivers and starting over a disappointing VJAX this week, just b/c he's seeing around 10 targets a game.

With three WRs on bye Robinson gets the nod. Not confident vs. Bengals I'm just hoping for a 6/70 game.

thecardiackid said:

With three WRs on bye Robinson gets the nod. Not confident vs. Bengals I'm just hoping for a 6/70 game.
Probably bulk will come in garbage time unless Jags D plays well and Cinci O sputters, keeping game close.

thecardiackid said:

1 catch for 10 yards through 3 QTRs. One quarter left to notch 5 for 60. Probably not going to happen.

1 catch for 10 yards through 3 QTRs. One quarter left to notch 5 for 60. Probably not going to happen.
yea... this was unfortunately EPIC FAIL - even w/ 8 targets.

glad those 5 points on the bench didn't cost me the game.

Does this guy resume a leading role in the passing game (and thus making last week a fluke) or is his poor game and Hurns's involvement a bad sign that ARob's usefulness is coming to an end? There's also the issue of a so-so matchup with Dallas and then the bye.

Also, Benjamin and Watkins were brought in to be the clear cut go-to guys. Robinson had to get healthy and overtake several other promising receivers, including the veteran Shorts (who seems to be 1A/1B now with Robinson).
So Benjamin and Watkins have to deal with the top corner and safety help and that's a slight against them? I like Robinson and have him in several leagues, but lets not pretend that he had done more to help his team than Watkins, Benjamin or even Beckham or Evans

Does this guy resume a leading role in the passing game (and thus making last week a fluke) or is his poor game and Hurns's involvement a bad sign that ARob's usefulness is coming to an end? There's also the issue of a so-so matchup with Dallas and then the bye.
Week 9 targets: Hurns 9, Robinson 8. ARob led all JAX WR in snaps for the fourth straight week.

Week 9 targets: Hurns 9, Robinson 8. ARob led all JAX WR in snaps for the fourth straight week.

So Benjamin and Watkins have to deal with the top corner and safety help and that's a slight against them? I like Robinson and have him in several leagues, but lets not pretend that he had done more to help his team than Watkins, Benjamin or even Beckham or Evans
Not sure how you determined that I was knocking Watkins and Benjamin. Actually was praising Robinson since his hurdles to be the go-to receiver were steeper coming in.

BobbyLayne said:
just_want_2_win said:
Thanks. Useful stuff.

BobbyLayne said:
just_want_2_win said:
Thanks. Useful stuff.
i think last week was the first time that hurns out-produced Robinson since he was named a starter. hurns had a nice few couple of weeks but had been pretty quiet since.

Rotoworld:

Allen Robinson caught 5-of-10 targets for 60 yards and a two-point conversion against the Cowboys in London Week 10.

Robinson only caught 50% of his targets, but that was more on Blake Bortles than the rookie wide out. Bortles did not put the ball in the correct spot for Robinson to make plays, often throwing to the wrong shoulder in tight coverage. Robinson has dominated targets for Jacksonville this season, and is a great player to target for the fantasy playoffs. The Jaguars get the Texans, Ravens, Titans and Texans again Weeks 14 thorough 17.

Nov 9 - 5:14 PM

Rotoworld:

Jaguars WR Allen Robinson is done for the season with a broken foot.

Robinson is unsure when he suffered the stress fracture, but alerted the team following Sunday's loss to the Cowboys that his foot didn't feel right. It's a gut-punch to Robinson, but as long as he's not dealing with a Lisfranc problem or Jones fracture, he should make a quick recovery and be ready in plenty of time for OTAs. There was no reason to push Robinson back out there in a lost season. Robinson's rookie season ends with 48 catches for 548 yards and two touchdowns. He'll reenter 2015 as the favorite for No. 1 duties. In the meantime, the Jaguars will get a longer look at Marqise Lee.

Nov 11 - 1:39 PM

As someone who suffered a stress fracture in his teens while running 10 Ks, I can tell you that it isn't minor. It's a broken bone in your foot. And it is hard to heal such a break. My foot still gives me pain when I run a lot.

As someone who suffered a stress fracture in his teens while running 10 Ks, I can tell you that it isn't minor. It's a broken bone in your foot. And it is hard to heal such a break. My foot still gives me pain when I run a lot.
Did you get world class treatment for it?

Did you get world class treatment for it?
What is that world class treatment protocol? Stay off it? Check. Let it heal naturally? Check. Unless he gets surgery, which would be an even worse sign, there is no world class treatment that I have ever heard of.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00379

Nonsurgical TreatmentTreatment will vary depending on the location of your stress fracture and its severity.

The goal of any treatment is to help you return to all the activities you enjoy. Following your doctor's treatment plan will restore your abilities faster, and help you prevent further problems in the future.

Rest. Take a break from the activity that caused the stress fracture. It typically takes 6 to 8 weeks for a stress fracture to heal. During that time, switch to aerobic activities that place less stress on your foot and leg. Swimming and cycling are good alternative activities. Remember, however, that you should not do any physical activity on the involved foot or ankle until you consult a doctor.

Protective footwear. To reduce stress on your foot and leg, your doctor may recommend wearing protective footwear. This may be a stiff-soled shoe, a wooden-soled sandal, or a removable short-leg fracture brace shoe.

Casts. Stress fractures in the fifth metatarsal bone (on the outer side of the foot) or in the navicular or talus bones take longer to heal. Your doctor may apply a cast to your foot to keep your bones in a fixed position and to remove the stress on your involved leg. Casts are a type of external fixation. To keep weight off your foot and leg, your doctor may recommend that you use crutches until the bone heals.
Surgical TreatmentSome stress fractures require surgery to heal properly. In most cases, this involves supporting the bones by inserting a type of fastener. This is called internal fixation. Pins, screws, and/or plates are most often used to hold the small bones of the foot and ankle together during the healing process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread