What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

Nah, they are not going back to Bortles unless Henne gets hurt. That 5th year option will not let him see field to prevent from injury. He wont even dress, he will be inactive all season. 
If Henne doesn't completely #### the bed tonight (which is entirely realistic), I can see Bortles being cut prior to the start of the season.

If Henne doesn't completely #### the bed tonight (which is entirely realistic), I can see Bortles being cut prior to the start of the season.
You know when Henne got previous starts it was for bad teams with no weapons. A solid D, good WRs and a big run game can help game managers and can help Henne strive.

Bortles is an example of what happens when you dont get to sit an absorb the game for a bit. 

Cleveland is making a mistake starting Kizer right now, but thats another story. 

You know when Henne got previous starts it was for bad teams with no weapons. A solid D, good WRs and a big run game can help game managers and can help Henne strive. 
Ricky Williams, Brandon Marshall and Ronnie Brown were a very good trio of offensive weapons but it didn't help Henne as he threw 12 TDs and 14 Ints that season. Why do we think Henne is a game manager? He throws more INTs than TDs, has <60% completion and his career 11.2 yards per completion is 0.1 less than Drew Brees. 

Bortles is an example of what happens when you dont get to sit an absorb the game for a bit. 
What are Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Derek Carr, Marcus Mariotta, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson? 

Yeah, this is a bit of "better" news. I'm not sure if I should trade this guy or what. After AJ Green I have him and Brandin Cooks, both risky plays it seems. All this talk of running the rock is great until you're down 14.... and have to throw, throw, throw. There's hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all likelihood Bortles has taken his last snap as QB for the Jags. His base salary is guaranteed so it's unlikely they cut him, and they are on the hook for $19 mil if he get injured. The likely scenario is he rides the bench, ala RGIII two years ago, and they cut him next off season. We should probably familiarize ourselves with whoever is the #3 QB in Jacksonville right now because that is the guy who will probably come off the bench if Henne gets hurt or sucks badly.

Kaepernick?

is bortles money this year not gtd?
It is, but it's only $6.6M.  People keep speculating JAX will cut him because they exercised his 5th year option at $19M which is fully guaranteed for injury only so they can avoid that exposure.  The reality though is there's very little risk.  All Bortles has to do is pass a physical next spring and they can cut him with no liability.  When is the last time a QB couldn't pass a physical?  Romo, Cutler, Carr, Mariotta, Tannehill had season enders last year were all fine this spring.  TBW is the only one close that comes to mind.  It's a way overblown narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least his ADP has dropped a full round in the last month. He's not a bad value in the 5th round as a WR3, flex w/upside. 

It is, but it's only $6.6M.  People keep speculating JAX will cut him because they exercised his 5th year option at $19M which is fully guaranteed for injury only so they can avoid that exposure.  The reality though is there's very little risk.  All Bortles has to do is pass a physical next spring and they can cut him with no liability.  When is the last time a QB couldn't pass a physical?  Romo, Cutler, Carr, Mariotta, Tannehill had season enders last year were all fine this spring.  TBW is the only one close that comes to mind.  It's a way overblown narrative.
ACLs man, all it takes. Concussions? Easy to fake and he can play that hard if he wants.

Seeing Chad Henne as even an outside chance of being the savior is a bit out there to me.  Henne's career best numbers don't even come close to what Bortles put up last year in his "terrible" season, and Henne played on at least one team that was a lot better than the current Jags.

The best fantasy season a WR has ever had with Henne was Brandon Marshall in his prime, who put up 1014 yards and 3 TDs.

Bortles was pretty bad last year but he still put together some decent cumulative numbers to go around with 4000 yards and 23 TDs.  We really think taking 1000 yards and 10 TDs off the Jags passing game is going to HELP Robinson?  Outside of his two injured years, Brandon Marshall had by far the worst season of his career with Henne.

The stats aren't everything in this situation.  Sure Bortles had great stats a couple of years ago, but a lot of that was in garbage time and at the end of the day, the Jags had another losing season.  There have been many instances where Bortles has made a poor decision, thrown a pick 6, and it has cost the team a chance to win the game.  If Henne can come in and manage to not lose the game, the Jags should have a chance at a 7-9 or 8-8 season, which at this point, he would seem like a savior.  I  think the Jaguars fans would much rather see the team win games instead of seeing franchise numbers put up in another losing season.

Seeing Chad Henne as even an outside chance of being the savior is a bit out there to me.  Henne's career best numbers don't even come close to what Bortles put up last year in his "terrible" season, and Henne played on at least one team that was a lot better than the current Jags.

The best fantasy season a WR has ever had with Henne was Brandon Marshall in his prime, who put up 1014 yards and 3 TDs.

Bortles was pretty bad last year but he still put together some decent cumulative numbers to go around with 4000 yards and 23 TDs.  We really think taking 1000 yards and 10 TDs off the Jags passing game is going to HELP Robinson?  Outside of his two injured years, Brandon Marshall had by far the worst season of his career with Henne.
Exactly. Henne blows. Maybe he's figured something out but if we are hoping for miracles I'd rather them figure out Bortles because he was a super stud fantasy wise not too long ago.

I won my big money league because he went ape#### for the second half against the Saints 2 years ago :istillbelievedamnit:

The stats aren't everything in this situation.  Sure Bortles had great stats a couple of years ago, but a lot of that was in garbage time and at the end of the day, the Jags had another losing season.  There have been many instances where Bortles has made a poor decision, thrown a pick 6, and it has cost the team a chance to win the game.  If Henne can come in and manage to not lose the game, the Jags should have a chance at a 7-9 or 8-8 season, which at this point, he would seem like a savior.  I  think the Jaguars fans would much rather see the team win games instead of seeing franchise numbers put up in another losing season.
The Jags can continue to suck (sorry Jags fan). I just want ARob to put up good numbers. 

Really, we going to rehash things been discusses?

Clearly Bortles sucks and Henne is at least a small upgrade, because Bortles sucks.
Not trying to rehash but while Henne may be an upgrade in NFL terms, I strongly disagree that he is an upgrade for any Jax receivers.

Not trying to rehash but while Henne may be an upgrade in NFL terms, I strongly disagree that he is an upgrade for any Jax receivers.
Did you see those under thrown balls, JaMarcus Russell is more accurate than Bortles. Kinda.

Did you see those under thrown balls, JaMarcus Russell is more accurate than Bortles. Kinda.
We aren't really at cross purposes here. Henne could be better for Robinson this year but that doesn't mean he will be good for Robinson.

With Henne at QB, IMO Robinson will struggle to even reach his modest numbers from last season. He's simply has never been a very talented QB or a benefit to his WRs. In his best season Henne needed 146 targets to get Brandon Marshall 1,014 yards with a whopping 3 TDs.  I would target that yardage and maybe 5 TDs as Robinson's max upside this year.

Adam Schefter reports Allen Robinson's left knee injury is "significant."

Robinson went down in non-contact fashion mere minutes into Jacksonville's beatdown of the Texans. It sounds like there's a good chance he misses the entire season, thrusting Marqise Lee and Allen Hurns into the Jags' top two roles. The Jags are pressed for depth, with impressive fourth-rounder Dede Westbrook (core) stuck on injured reserve for at least eight weeks. Lee will be in the WR3 mix in PPR leagues, while Hurns should see plenty of red zone looks. Official word on Robinson should come following an MRI.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Profootballtalk.com reports the Jaguars fear Allen Robinson tore his ACL in Week 1.

Previous reports had the Jags fearing a "significant" knee injury. An ACL tear, of course, would knock out Robinson for the remainder of the 2017 season, and at this point appears to be the likeliest outcome. It's an extremely unfortunate injury for Robinson in his contract year. With Dede Westbrook on I.R., Marqise Lee and Allen Hurns will take over as the Jags' top pass catchers.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter 

Sep 10 - 7:55 PM

Will be without his services in 4/7 dynasty leagues.

In other words, no different from last season.
Ouch. Been trying to acquire him everywhere, but his owners wouldn't budge. Assuming Zealots-type dynasty rosters/starting lineups, what would it take for you to give him up now?

Ouch. Been trying to acquire him everywhere, but his owners wouldn't budge. Assuming Zealots-type dynasty rosters/starting lineups, what would it take for you to give him up now?
No point trading him. He's still young and better than anyone you could get back.

That said, 1st round rookie pick in PPR seems like a decent starting point.

Allen Robinson is done for the season with a torn left ACL.

This was all along the fear as we passed along repeatedly earlier. Robinson will be placed on injured reserve Monday, and the Jags will move forward with Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns, Keelan Cole, and Arrelious Benn as their top-four receivers. Jacksonville's offense will continue to revolve around Leonard Fournette.

My hope for him is that he comes back 100% next year, on a new team. I know the Jags had begun talks with him, I'm hoping that they try and low ball him now and he's like F it, and goes to FA. He could do so well on another team!

He was traded in addition to Gerald Everett and a good safety prospect for Keenan Allen   in one league. I was just offered him for Stefon Diggs in another.

This just makes the FT a foregone conclusion. 

you think they'll tag a receiver coming off this injury? i'm not sure. that seems like a lot of dough to commit for a single season when for only a little bit more overall, you could probably lock him up for three years.

They have a ton of cap space and they aren't going to let him walk.  Arob doesn't have much incentive to sign a lowball offer with a bad team with a terrible QB, and once they get past $10M guaranteed they may as well just make it a 1 year $14M risk.  That's minimal in the grand scheme and buys them the time they need to evaluate him.

So I guess the shark move now is to pick up Hurns, who was almost droppable before the game.  
I don't even know if that's a good move.   Bortles still sucks, and it looks like Fournette is going to get 20+ touches.  Don't see the upside in picking up Hurns.

That’s some good stuff @Chaka. I guess I was hoping for more along the lines of any chatter about what the team or if Robinson has hinted that he’d like to test free agency. 

That’s some good stuff @Chaka. I guess I was hoping for more along the lines of any chatter about what the team or if Robinson has hinted that he’d like to test free agency. 
I haven't heard anything and I would love to seem one of them end up in Oakland, I prefer Lee because he has more deep speed and Robinson seems very similar to Cooper, but any speculation at this point is just people sending thoughts up the flag pole and watching who salutes.

Users who are viewing this thread