What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

So what's the latest on Robinson's contract talks?  He will be in a contract year in 2020 and has a cap number of $15 million for next season.  He's obviously saying he wants to stay with the Bears but that doesn't usually mean much.  If he is traded I can see a huge bump for Anthony Miller (pending health of course).  Robinson is still only 26 and coming off a 98/1147/7 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bears WR Allen Robinson said he's "not necessarily anticipating hearing anything" about a new contract.

"We haven't heard nothing," Robinson said regarding extension talks. "I think just as far as me and my agent...we're not necessarily anticipating hearing anything at this point. For us, we're going into camp preparing ourselves to have a good year. If that comes up and they reach out to my agent, I'm sure they'll have pretty good discussions and things like that, but again, that hasn't happened yet." Robinson, set to make $10.9 million in the final year of his contract, has openly lobbied that he'd like to be with the Bears long-term but the organization has yet to reciprocate that desire. Chicago will likely be forced to either use the franchise tag to keep him around next year or watch as he lands a lucrative contract on the market from a contender.

SOURCE: Around The NFL on Twitter

Jul 16, 2020, 7:45 AM ET

above average skill set forever limited by below average QB's  
To be fair, this is his own fault.  Weren't there reports a few months ago that GB actually offered him more money in FA than Chicago did?  Man I would have loved to see this dude play with Aaron Rodgers.

To be fair, this is his own fault.  Weren't there reports a few months ago that GB actually offered him more money in FA than Chicago did?  Man I would have loved to see this dude play with Aaron Rodgers.
Yeah the Bears were his childhood team so he picked them

Sleeper pick maybe but I think he is a top 5 WR this season with some positive TD regression and a better QB than he has had his whole career—all in a contract year

Sleeper pick maybe but I think he is a top 5 WR this season with some positive TD regression and a better QB than he has had his whole career—all in a contract year
Oh yeah. I'm targeting him in redraft. I'm totally fine with him being my #1 wr this year.

Allen Robinson caught 5-of-9 targets for 74 yards in Week 1 against Chicago.

Robinson's nine targets were a team high. He couldn’t come down with a contested pass on his only end-zone target, but he had one of the plays of the game on a diving catch. Robinson has a plus matchup with the Giants secondary in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

I usually don't open threads where Faust was the last poster in them.  Now I have to avoid your ones too.  Damn!

Wonder if this is just him being annoyed or if there is something in the works. Maybe Michael Thomas injury was worse than initially thought? Other WR needy teams in play here, hmm.

Wonder if this is just him being annoyed or if there is something in the works. Maybe Michael Thomas injury was worse than initially thought? Other WR needy teams in play here, hmm.
NO couldn't afford him. 

NE makes a world of sense, as they have shown themselves very willing to trade picks for WR's.

Does it sound like good news that he deleted all Bears stuff off of his social media?
I don't know I'm not 12. These are prima donna athletes who get pissed off easily.  I think NE would be a downgrade in that offense.  Maybe he wants zero distractions now that the season is starting from reporters talking his contract? I don't know it's crazy that once a player changes his social-media all hell breaks loose.

The trubisky affect......mitches inaccuracy could get ARob killed out there.....hes making a business decision to protect his body......that's my guess anyway

Bears have a history of getting extensions done.  He hasn't requested a trade, he's just mad per - Tom Pelissero on NFLN

He has players like Cohen on social media backing him up.

I don't know I'm not 12. These are prima donna athletes who get pissed off easily.  I think NE would be a downgrade in that offense.  Maybe he wants zero distractions now that the season is starting from reporters talking his contract? I don't know it's crazy that once a player changes his social-media all hell breaks loose.
I don't care if you're not 12, when these guys delete teams from their social media, they're either redesigning it or consciously doing it. It almost never turns out to be just run-of-the-mill stuff.

Bears have a history of getting extensions done.  He hasn't requested a trade, he's just mad per - Tom Pelissero on NFLN

He has players like Cohen on social media backing him up.
That's awesome. Tarik Cohen in solidarity about his contract matters with the Bears. That should help.

I don't care if you're not 12, when these guys delete teams from their social media, they're either redesigning it or consciously doing it. It almost never turns out to be just run-of-the-mill stuff.
It's just millennial stuff, when they feel their agents aren't doing a well enough job they go this route.  Until he formally asks for a trade or is sitting out games then I'd worry.  He should be clamoring for Foles is what he should be doing.

It's just millennial stuff, when they feel their agents aren't doing a well enough job they go this route.  Until he formally asks for a trade or is sitting out games then I'd worry.  He should be clamoring for Foles is what he should be doing.
Foles is terrible. I watched him last year in JAX. They benched him to go with Minshew when they had money sunk into the guy. They moved on from him making sure that a sixth-rounder was the man.

As far as deleting stuff, it's never a good sign that someone is disgruntled and wants more money and is using that as leverage. He was on a prove-it deal, anyway. He figured this would be his payday. I don't think he'll stop playing, but until this is worked out, I'm not taking this as a good sign.

He is not just going to stop playing, that is nuts
Probably not, but what if he comes up "lame" like Kamara and Mixon did? These guys only get so many paydays and get paid while hurt while not risking their bodies. It sounds like bad news to me. Anything inconsistent with football first is bad news for a player.

Are you guys new to this hobby?

Probably not, but what if he comes up "lame" like Kamara and Mixon did? These guys only get so many paydays and get paid while hurt while not risking their bodies. It sounds like bad news to me. Anything inconsistent with football first is bad news for a player.

Are you guys new to this hobby?
seems like you are if you think a player is just going to stop or fake an injury once the season starts over a contract dispute

yeah...real men place inflatable rats in front of a business when contract negotiations go bad. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports contract-year Bears WR Allen Robinson is feeling "frustrated" and "disrespected" in long-term talks.

In a uniquely 2020 move, Robinson deleted all Bears references from his Twitter account on Tuesday. While the Bears went on an offseason tight end bender, they apparently didn't progress far enough in talks with their alpha wideout. Robinson's teammates have taken up his cause, tweeting with the #ExtendAR hashtag on Twitter. Ryan Pace, who is one of the worst — if not the worst — general managers in the league, has a real mess on his hands. The top of the receiver market is now exceeding $20 million in average annual value. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 2:48 PM ET

seems like you are if you think a player is just going to stop or fake an injury once the season starts over a contract dispute
Yes, because they're not coming down with "migraines" and "calf" issues and suiting up right away once the deal gets done at the end of camp.

Not saying he will, all I said was this was "bad news" for redrafters. Not sure how that's even remotely arguable.

Yes, because they're not coming down with "migraines" and "calf" issues and suiting up right away once the deal gets done at the end of camp.

Not saying he will, all I said was this was "bad news" for redrafters. Not sure how that's even remotely arguable.
Can you give me an example?

Users who are viewing this thread