Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

WR Allen Robinson, CHI

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bears are not expected to agree to a contract extension with Allen Robinson before the tag extension deadline. 

Robinson is currently signed to the franchise tag, worth $18 million. The stud receiver has been pushing for a new deal over the past two years but Chicago has been unwilling to pay him top dollar. Assuming no deal gets done in the final hours of the extension window, Robinson will play out 2021 on the tag and prepare to hit the open market next year. The Bears could still choose to tag him again or both parties could come to an agreement before he talks to other teams in free agency. Robinson has racked up 2,397 receiving yards over the past two seasons despite slogging through some of the league's worst quarterback play. Justin Fields has the potential to be the best quarterback Robinson has caught passes from as soon as he earns the starting nod. If Fields exceeds expectations as a rookie, Robinson's value could hit a fevered pitch heading into the 2022 offseason.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 13, 2021, 4:09 PM ET

20 hours ago, matuski said:

My favorite WR in the league right now.

This poor guy's QB history might be an all time worst.

I truly think A. Rob is the dark horse to 1. Significantly outperform his ADP.  2. Contend for top 5 WR in the league.  His QB history is atrocious and he has been a stud.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yep. Saw that. But is that play calling or is that The Dalton effect? Better days will come once Fields takes over but hopefully he can get some volume in the mean time with lesser defenses than the Rams. 

I'm getting lots of trade interest in him for some reason

Just today i got offered Gaskin/Aiyouk for Robinson.

In my other league I got Swfit for Robinson straight up

But part of me just thinks he is going to blow up when fields takes the field.  

23 minutes ago, killface said:

It shouldn't be part of you. You should be all in on him blowing up with Fields. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, killface said:

I'm a huge fan of Arob, have him in dynasty, and believe in the blow up with Fields... but I think I'd take both of those offers almost as fast as I could hit the button.

• Like 2

• Faust changed the title to WR Allen Robinson, CHI
  • 2 weeks later...

Allen Robinson caught 2-of-6 targets for 27 yards in Chicago's Weel 3 loss to Cleveland.

The good news is Robinson led the team with a 30% target share from Justin Fields. The bad news is it failed to matter for an anemic offense that totaled 47 yards with only six completions all afternoon. Robinson leads the Bears with 21 targets through three games but has only converted that opportunity into 10 catches for 86 yards and one score. With Fields (hand) undergoing X-rays post-game, Robinson may have no choice but to reunite with Nick Foles and continue fighting through the struggles of the team's quarterback(s) under center. A-Rob will check-in as a low-end WR2 against the Lions in Week 4 if Fields is able to play.