What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (1 Viewer)

Beating teams they should beat is good. It'll be nice to be home again for a bit but this is a pivotal stretch before the AS break. Can't let Cincy and St Louis make up too much ground.

WAS, COL, @Tor, @Cin, PHL, STL

It'll be interesting to see if Doug pulls any moves over the next few weeks. Any thoughts on where they could go? 4th OF? Starter?

Rumor has it, they are talking with the Padres for a reliever, maybe Huston Street.
Seems like an odd move. The Brewers' pen has been very solid and Henderson is throwing again in Arizona.

Street has a $7M team option for 2015 and has always been effective when healthy. There will be a lot of teams kicking his tires over the next month if he doesn't get hurt. The Brewers will have fewer tradeable minor league assets than most other suitors.

Rumor has it, they are talking with the Padres for a reliever, maybe Huston Street.
Seems like an odd move. The Brewers' pen has been very solid and Henderson is throwing again in Arizona.

Street has a $7M team option for 2015 and has always been effective when healthy. There will be a lot of teams kicking his tires over the next month if he doesn't get hurt. The Brewers will have fewer tradeable minor league assets than most other suitors.
Don't get me wrong, this staff has been very good to great this season. But they don't really threaten a complete game, ever. There are stretches where you wonder how stressed the pen really is. Add in that they're wasting a spot on Wang and you're short another reliever. Street might not be the best option but I think they'll definitely make a move for a reliever.

I think another OF might be in the cards as well. Hererra is nice and all, but a little better 4th option of the bench would be very nice. And Falu got claimed on waivers today by the Padres so they have a spot on the 40 man roster.

If you had told me that at the halfway point of the season the Brewers would be 49-32 I would have been very skeptical. The Cardinals worry me, obviously, but I really hope they push for 95-100 wins. If the wheels don't fall off this could be a WS contending team.

I'd love to see them make a move for Martin Prado.

He could be the bat they need at 1B, and he can play anywhere.

I'd love to see them make a move for Martin Prado.

He could be the bat they need at 1B, and he can play anywhere.
Meh, he's only got like 50 games at 1B in his career, no? Plus he's due $22M over the next two years. They will have some money to play with but I'll take Reynold's .220 avg if he hits 25-30 bombs and keeps playing stellar defense. The Overbay platoon is pretty much over. It's Reynold's job for the most part.

ETA I haven't really looked at what else might be out there. Just a thought I had the other day because the AS break is right around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't get me wrong, this staff has been very good to great this season. But they don't really threaten a complete game, ever. There are stretches where you wonder how stressed the pen really is. Add in that they're wasting a spot on Wang and you're short another reliever. Street might not be the best option but I think they'll definitely make a move for a reliever.

I think another OF might be in the cards as well. Hererra is nice and all, but a little better 4th option of the bench would be very nice. And Falu got claimed on waivers today by the Padres so they have a spot on the 40 man roster.

If you had told me that at the halfway point of the season the Brewers would be 49-32 I would have been very skeptical. The Cardinals worry me, obviously, but I really hope they push for 95-100 wins. If the wheels don't fall off this could be a WS contending team.
Not sure if they make a move for a reliever. They seem to be set on keeping Wang for the season and that leaves no room for another reliever unless they send somebody else down. Can they put Wang on the IR with a mysterious injury at some point and still keep him?

With a lack of utility infielders and Weeks and Gennet platoon being able to play 2nd base only, Herrera is safe and will be on the roster as opposed to a true 4th outfielder like Schaeffer.

Hard to find where they might make a move. They could use some more offense from first base but with Reynolds and Overbay providing steady defense over there and the rest of the offense clicking I think you can live with the weak spot in the lineup. Is it worth upsetting the team chemistry?

The only move I might possibly see is for a top of the line starter to replace Estrada but with Nelson as an option the price probably isn't worth it. They have 5 very good starters but not a true shutdown ace. When they get to the playoffs and face the other teams top 2 starters are the Brewers starters good enough?

Not sure if they make a move for a reliever. They seem to be set on keeping Wang for the season and that leaves no room for another reliever unless they send somebody else down. Can they put Wang on the IR with a mysterious injury at some point and still keep him?

With a lack of utility infielders and Weeks and Gennet platoon being able to play 2nd base only, Herrera is safe and will be on the roster as opposed to a true 4th outfielder like Schaeffer.

Hard to find where they might make a move. They could use some more offense from first base but with Reynolds and Overbay providing steady defense over there and the rest of the offense clicking I think you can live with the weak spot in the lineup. Is it worth upsetting the team chemistry?

The only move I might possibly see is for a top of the line starter to replace Estrada but with Nelson as an option the price probably isn't worth it. They have 5 very good starters but not a true shutdown ace. When they get to the playoffs and face the other teams stop 2 starters are the Brewers starters good enough?
Yeah, a Jerry Hairston type (cheap, serviceable, versatile) would be nice but you already have a backup for every infield position except shortstop. Let's face it if Segura goes down, we're not dead but it's trouble.

I see what you're saying about relievers but they have to find a way around this Wang thing (tee hee). At some point you have to either pitch him regularly or cut bait because he's going to kill you in the 2nd half. If not, a 60 day DL stint would be perfect.

I don't think they have enough in the cupboards to get a starter. Nelson is there but they shouldn't lean on him late in the season. Keep his pitch count down for now. Estrada isn't great but he's fine for a #5. Some teams would kill for a #5 like him. We might have to see what Fiers has if it comes down to that. 2013 was rough for him with the injury and his mom dying but he was solid in 2012.

Aramis and Carlos starting. Aramis, due to missed games, has me baffled a little.

No starting pitchers and K-Rod getting in.

Lucroy as a backup... meh.

How Molina gets the start over Lucroy :lol:

Hard to believe that this team could actually go in to the All Star break in second place or worse after having a 6-1/2 game lead at the beginning of the week.

Ron Roenecke has got to go. I have never liked thus guy. Hus teams are undisciplined. Absolutely horrible on the base paths. He still cannot manage the pitching staff and he makes countless ridiculous moves during games.

The other day you are down 9-1 and Braun coming to bat. WHY????? He's having back issues, you finally get him back and now you're going to have him bat down 8 runs????

The base running errors alone should get him fired. Every. Single. Year. They make worse base running errors than a little league team

Listening to the radio this morning, I wondered where the Brewers would be today if Roenecke and Melvin were actually competent professionals, at least average at their jobs. Would the Brewers be undefeated at the break, going for a three-peat world series win? Would Marco Estrada be starting the all-star game? Or perhaps Melvin would have signed Wainwright and Tulo last winter instead of Garza and Overbay.

Lucroy should have won MVP.

Team needs to get a fire under its butt. The division is there for the taking. What trades are going to happen? Tune in at the same Brew time, same Brew channel.

Lucroy should have won MVP.

Team needs to get a fire under its butt. The division is there for the taking. What trades are going to happen? Tune in at the same Brew time, same Brew channel.
If the NL wins, he does. Your team loses you don't get an MVP

WTF are you stealing 3rd for in the 9th with one out and Braun up at the plate? Did I miss something here?

Gomez has cost as many runs, possible wins, than any hitter I know based on his running. WTF?

WTF are you stealing 3rd for in the 9th with one out and Braun up at the plate? Did I miss something here?

Gomez has cost as many runs, possible wins, than any hitter I know based on his running. WTF?
My understanding it was a double steal. Gomez had 3rd stolen easily. Weeks got thrown out at 2nd. But that was my question as well. Why call for a double steal when you have the game tied, one out, and Braun at the plate? And their closer on the ropes?

Pirates and Cardinals add something to their team. Will the Brewers add some kind of hitting or middle relief? The starters have been awesome so far... K-Rod has been awesome overall but shaky lately. Hitting has been atrocious.

Melvin is probably going to sit pat. They just don't have the prospects to lure anything major.
And as I was typing up a "4th OF would be nice because Logan Schaefer sucks balls" post Melvin trades for Gerardo Parra for a few prospects. Schaefer optioned to Nashville

Melvin is probably going to sit pat. They just don't have the prospects to lure anything major.
And as I was typing up a "4th OF would be nice because Logan Schaefer sucks balls" post Melvin trades for Gerardo Parra for a few prospects. Schaefer optioned to Nashville
I like it. Gives them the left-handed bat they were looking for off the bench. Also, great defense. Not sure what Parra's contract situation is, but move Braun to 1st next year and outfield of Davis, Gomez, Parra.

I like it. Gives them the left-handed bat they were looking for off the bench. Also, great defense. Not sure what Parra's contract situation is, but move Braun to 1st next year and outfield of Davis, Gomez, Parra.
Parra has 1 more year of arbitration. I think I read he's making like $4.8 million this year, the Brewers are footing about $1.6 of that.

Haudricort tweeted some splits today and he hits RHP very well, while Kris Davis does not. And vice versa for LHP. We could see a bit of a platoon but it sounds like he's going to give everyone in the OF a days rest here and there to start.

Without landing one of the big names... probably were not trying to land one anyway... is this a good trade giving up the #3 prospect? I don't see this as a bad trade given the possible benefits to the lineup now. Only question would be was there a different player targeted to fill in this left handed spot as well?

Where is he going to bat in the lineup? #2 or #7ish?

This series is either time to make a statement or a time to tell everyone they are not ready. Huge three games this weekend.

Game 1:

Peralta - 12-6 vs. Wainwright 13-5

Game 2:

Nelson 1-2 vs. Masterson 4-6

Game 3:

Lohse 11-5 vs. Lynn 11-8

Brewers have a two game lead right now... could be 5 on Stl or could be -1. Two games at least the Brewers need from this.

Nelson bumped with a "blister". Peralta - Lohse - Garza
Probably should have been done anyway against the Cardinals.

##### move by Wainright hitting Gomez in the 6th. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. Gomez forced him into a balk earlier in the game. Wainright comes back and hits him in the 6th with a base open. Hope Lucroy can make him pay for it.

ETA: Lucroy with a bases clearing double. Suck it Wainright.

Nelson bumped with a "blister". Peralta - Lohse - Garza
Probably should have been done anyway against the Cardinals.

##### move by Wainright hitting Gomez in the 6th. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. Gomez forced him into a balk earlier in the game. Wainright comes back and hits him in the 6th with a base open. Hope Lucroy can make him pay for it.

ETA: Lucroy with a bases clearing double. Suck it Wainright.
Meh, You don't want to load the bases there with Lucroy-Braun-Ramirez coming up. Not when you're 2 back in the standings. I don't buy it.

Can't make closing out games that difficult.

That said, our bullpen cannot do what Arizona's did tonight. Would have been nice to have Pit lose.

Well, 2nd inning and the Brewers can look towards Sunday. Must win especially if Pit goes on to win later.

As I Pirates fan, I always want the Brewers to lose. However, I think we can all agree it's great to see Masterson to get ripped in his Cardinals debut. :hifive:

How could Roenicke take Garza out after 6? What was his pitch count? Unreal.

Duke comes in a blows another one. He needs to be cut. No assignment, no waiver, just cut. I'd rather Wang pitch than Duke. Unreal.

This is on Roenicke as well. Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Umps helped the Brewers in Arizona today. Terrible game today though. Garza is lights out and he's pulled. :wall:

Umps helped the Brewers in Arizona today. Terrible game today though. Garza is lights out and he's pulled. :wall:
Dude, he pulled himself from the game because of an injury. And despite your hatred of him, Roenicke is not going to get Yosted. He is here to stay. You better get used to it.

And regarding Duke, have you forgotten about the measley 7 ER he had previously given up all year? He probably needs some rest but dial it back a bit :lmao:

Attendance was over 40,000.

Big win for the Crew tonight with both the Cards and Pirates losing. Tough game tomorrow against Kershaw.

Users who are viewing this thread