What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brewers Thread - Choo Choo All Aboard the Jackson Chourio Hype Train (3 Viewers)

Anyone even want to talk about this team? Might as well shut it down
My thoughts:

I hate the Brewers less than the Cardinals but more than the Pirates and Cubs. I liked Ben Oglivie as a kid. My wife says it's nice stadium. I'm torn on all things Wisconsin, because I like you, but Mr Pack meltdowns over Badgers/Packers/Brewers/Bucks (LOL, just kidding) losses are awesome.

Anyone even want to talk about this team? Might as well shut it down
My thoughts:

I hate the Brewers less than the Cardinals but more than the Pirates and Cubs. I liked Ben Oglivie as a kid. My wife says it's nice stadium. I'm torn on all things Wisconsin, because I like you, but Mr Pack meltdowns over Badgers/Packers/Brewers/Bucks (LOL, just kidding) losses are awesome.
Oglivie is a stud. I high fived him once circa '84.

As a resident Wisconsin sports fan I hold no responsibility for Mr Pack.

#1 in the ESPN power rankings before last night's win. For what its worth, which is most certainly very very little.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

Let's see how long this lasts. I'll know they've cooled off when the corporate/law firm tickets start dribbling down to my lowly rank on the totem pole.

If we can get one in St. Louis with a short roster... that would be good.

Two would be awesome... three would be out of this world.

Pitching has been awesome so far. If this keeps up all season... I smell wild card. :)

And, there goes Duke all but giving up this game as I typed the above. Lead off double, no outs.

Might as well put the young pitcher in if we're going to lose a game. Argh!!!!

great win
Huge win. The team right behind you in the division who you never seem to be able to beat, depleted roster, tired bullpen, on the road. Lose that one and with Braun, Segura and Ramirez out you have the potential of a little bit of a losing streak with 2 games left against the Cards and an upcoming series with the Reds. And now let's steal one with our B team.

Another big win. Can we get a sweep with our B team? I'm happy with 2 wins but what the hell, let's finish it off.

The mid relief... are they good or are they getting bailed out? I'm seeing them give up hits but no runs so is the defense stepping up?

Starting pitching is awesome so far. Can't believe the Brewers took two from the Cardinals so far. HUGE!!

The mid relief... are they good or are they getting bailed out? I'm seeing them give up hits but no runs so is the defense stepping up?

Starting pitching is awesome so far. Can't believe the Brewers took two from the Cardinals so far. HUGE!!
:confused:

One game in Pittsburgh aside, the bullpen has been fantastic. They've been locating really well and not letting hitters square up on them. But they can't sustain this kind of production. There's going to be some meltdowns coming. Be prepared to lose a some games in epic fashion. It's bound to happen.

Hard not to be excited about this team right now. Showing a lot of resilience. We'll give them todays blowout...

:popcorn:

ETA: One question... at what point do we cut Weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be tricky. Can they afford to lose $11 million?

• 11:$3.5M, 12:$10M, 13:$10M, 14:$11M, 15:$11.5M vesting option
  • 2015 option guaranteed if Weeks is healthy at end of 2014 season and has 600 PAs in 2014 or 1,200 PAs in 2013-14
  • if option does not vest, Milwaukee may void ($1M buyout if Weeks has 400 PAs in 2014)
I don't think he's getting the guaranteed option so that helps. And I'm not sure how contracts work if he's cut but if he catches on somewhere and gets 400ABs they may owe him another million.

That being said, Haudricort tweeted that they might be bringing in another bullpen arm. With no DL move he speculated they would cut Wang or Weeks.

Starting to get a sinking feeling about the nagging injuries starting to add up. It will catch up with them sooner or later. Hopefully Segura, Ramirez and Braun are back in the lineup soon. Hoping Garza's thumb bruise isn't anything too serious.

Starting to get a sinking feeling about the nagging injuries starting to add up. It will catch up with them sooner or later. Hopefully Segura, Ramirez and Braun are back in the lineup soon. Hoping Garza's thumb bruise isn't anything too serious.
Completely agree. Segura seems to be alright. I always worry about Ramirez, more so now that he has started out on fire. Braunie....seems to be happening more often these last couple of years. I also hope they keep Wang around simply for those hilarious Wednesday videos, even though he's been getting rocked. K-Rod is bringing it this year, let's hope he can keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely agree. Segura seems to be alright. I always worry about Ramirez, more so now that he has started out on fire. Braunie....seems to be happening more often these last couple of years. I also hope they keep Wang around simply for those hilarious Wednesday videos, even though he's been getting rocked. K-Rod is bringing it this year, let's hope he can keep it up.
And now Henderson is put on the DL with an inflamed shoulder.

Braun to the DL today retroactive to April 27. Great.

Braun to the DL today retroactive to April 27. Great.
Hopefully he'll only be out another week and the rest does him some good and takes care of it for the rest of the year.

CC expected to take the mound at Miller Park on Saturday. Would be great to be there for it.
I was on vacation so I missed a lot of last weeks losing streak. But made it back to Miller Park for Saturday. Was kind of surprised at the lukewarm reception for him when he came to the mound. But he did get a standing O when he got to the plate and after he got yanked. Too bad Jeter had his "scheduled day off".

Sounds like Braun is coming back for Pittsburgh but Ramirez to the DL with a hammy. Gomez with his suspension hearing might miss the series (or first 2 games) as well. Need to beat up on these guys and the Cubs.

Is it possible that Ricky could be playing himself into a position where he's actually tradeable? Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but one can always dream ...

Users who are viewing this thread