What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reports coming out that Aldon Smith arrested at LAX today (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Footballguy
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 24m

#49ers OLB Aldon Smith was in court on Friday, now potentially arrested on Sunday.

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff 28m

Been hearing for about an hour now #49ers OLB Aldon Smith has been arrested at LAX.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 13m

Enjoying Giants game with my daughter. Meanwhile, nothing enjoyable about latest 49ers development regarding reports of Aldon Smith at LAX.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 17m

Man, the #49ers can't stay out of the negative news.....curse of Jonathan Martin?

Guns, DUI, incident at the airport. He's probably got a few more chances in the NFL because of his skills, but he's gotta be on a very short leash now. Dude needs to get his #### straight. Could make all the money in the world if he can act halfway component.

Ahh - we've all wanted to make that joke as we are standing in line at security....

It was stupid - but so what. I think we already know the guy is not a rocket scientist....

Ahh - we've all wanted to make that joke as we are standing in line at security....

It was stupid - but so what. I think we already know the guy is not a rocket scientist....
None is his crap is terrible-taken alone.

When you add it up, it's pretty bad.

The NFL didn't suspend him last year because he went to rehab, so something tells me this suspension for this could be a lot worse than a first timer.

None is his crap is terrible-taken alone.

When you add it up, it's pretty bad.
In 2014 only a total jacktard would say the word "bomb" in an airport.
Dexter Manley was a total rejacktard - but he could sack the #### out of the QB.

So can Aldon Smith...

Can I call him a thug?
Lol. Now that's actually pretty funny, for those who followed the Kaepernick thread. :)

Let's see, Aldon Smith:

- Throws parties where people get stabbed

- Gun Charges

- DUI, pot posession

- Bomb threat at airport

Yeah, I'm ready for the team to cut ties with him. Seriously, if the first three weren't enough for him to realize how close he was from blowing an amazing opportunity in life, nothing's going to.

Titus Young 2.0

Get rid of the guy for whatever you can.
He's a lot more talented than Titus Young (Sr), otherwise he'd of been gone a long time ago.

He is wearing his welcome out in SF though. Key issue with them is the other Smith who is a model citizen is getting old, so they're kinda in a tight spot.

The NFL didn't suspend him last year because he went to rehab, so something tells me this suspension for this could be a lot worse than a first timer.
i thought he did get suspended, but he checked into rehad so it didn't matter.
This LINK says that he never did get suspended. I almost see Goodell feeling like he got snowed the first time, hence I think his suspension could be treated as if he was suspended for 4 games before.

Smith has been arrested twice for DUI in the last 27 months, and he currently faces three felony weapons charges related to a party at his home in 2012, where Smith was stabbed and two other people were shot. Last September, after his second DUI, Smith spent five weeks in a treatment facility. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decided against exacting any suspension based on Smith’s rehab stay.

After his second DUI arrest, in September, Smith spent five weeks at a treatment facility to address his substance-abuse issues.

“The issue here is not to discipline players,” Goodell said at the time. “The issue is to stop the behavior. And Aldon … has voluntarily said ‘I need help.’”

i thought he did get suspended, but he checked into rehad so it didn't matter.
This LINK says that he never did get suspended. I almost see Goodell feeling like he got snowed the first time, hence I think his suspension could be treated as if he was suspended for 4 games before.

Smith has been arrested twice for DUI in the last 27 months, and he currently faces three felony weapons charges related to a party at his home in 2012, where Smith was stabbed and two other people were shot. Last September, after his second DUI, Smith spent five weeks in a treatment facility. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decided against exacting any suspension based on Smith’s rehab stay.

After his second DUI arrest, in September, Smith spent five weeks at a treatment facility to address his substance-abuse issues.

“The issue here is not to discipline players,” Goodell said at the time. “The issue is to stop the behavior. And Aldon … has voluntarily said ‘I need help.’”
Yeah, This was the only blip I can find... and thats a little concerning considering this kids problems. He certainly got a pass IMO last yr on a serious matter but I guess voluntary to miss games and attend rehad was enough for Goodell to not add extra punishment.

Commissioner Roger Goodell says 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's decision to undergo voluntary treatment for alcohol and drug problems will be considered when weighing any potential discipline.

In other words, Smith may not face a suspension from the league. "Certainly, the issue here isn't to discipline players. It's to stop the behavior," Goodell said. "Aldon has voluntarily said, 'I need help.'" Smith will miss his fifth game this Sunday against the Jaguars as he continues his rehab process. He's expected to meet with the team during the Week 9 bye and could possibly be back for Week 10. If Smith were to escape without a suspension, he could still face a fine. Or Goodell could let him off if he's pleased with Smith's progress.
My other question is he in the substance abuse program.

idk, 2 DUIs in a little over 2 yrs; I gotta figure hes in the substance program after that.

Really, what's the problem here? It's not like he murdered or raped anyone.

General Tso said:
Really, what's the problem here? It's not like he murdered or raped anyone.
In a world of terrorism, you do not see the problem with yelling "Bomb" at an airport? I am hoping that is sarcasm and not a real question.

It is going to make traveling to away games pretty difficult when he is on the do not fly list. It will be interesting to see if he is on it, because an average Joe in his situation likely would be.

I'm sure this is all TSA bs. He probably said "it's not like I have a bomb."

It is going to make traveling to away games pretty difficult when he is on the do not fly list. It will be interesting to see if he is on it, because an average Joe in his situation likely would be.

My guess is he was irritated the TSA kept delaying him. He's in that long line, takes forever, has to go in the xray tube, and then he gets pulled aside for a second-level screening. Probably mouthed off to the TSA dork, got into a verbal spat with him, and then said "Yeah, sure, OK, right, I've got a bomb." Then the powertripping rent-a-cop wishes he could carry a gun at work TSA idiot pulls the red card on him to score the last point.

That is likely exactly how it went down. My concern is the do not fly list. If he lands on that it would almost be impossible for him to play in the NFL. 20k bail is no joke. This is some serious crap.

I hate TSA so this is a non-issue to me other than showing he still needs work making better decisions.

Does the DNF list apply to private/chartered planes?

Report: Aldon Smith had 'higher-than-average' risk on draft profileBy Will Brinson | NFL Writer

A nightmare year got much worse for 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith on Sunday night, when he was taken into custody at Los Angeles Airport, arrested and charged with false report of a bomb threat.

With Smith's off-field issues clearly a major, major problem, let's toss on the hindsight goggles and look at, courtesy of Fox Sports' Alex Marvez, Smith's draft profile.

While Smith's public profile looked pretty clean, Marvez reports that Smith's pre-draft profile showed that the linebacker was "a higher-than-average risk" of "getting into trouble" in the future.

"He has some past experience with getting into trouble and is a higher-than-average risk for this sort of behavior in the future," the report states.

Smith was taken seventh overall by the 49ers in the 2011 NFL Draft and has a whopping 42 sacks in three seasons since stepping on the field for San Francisco.

That's particularly impressive considering Smith missed significant time last season after an ugly driving under the influence incident that landed the linebacker in rehab.

Smith also had an issue with a felony weapons charge and at this point has more red flags flying around his off-field behavior than an Olympic procession.

According to Marvez, Smith didn't score well when it came to a SIGMA motivational testing.

"On a 10-point grading system, Smith scored a 1 for interpersonal style, receptivity to coaching and dedication," Marvez reports. "He scored a 2 for focus, affective commitment and interpersonal style."

It's not entirely fair to look back now and say that Smith was going to be a problem based on his pre-draft evaluations.

But certainly he had red flags coming into the draft and those have quite clearly come to fruition.

What type of discipline are people expecting for Aldon here? Goodel will certainly issue something, if SF doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
If, in fact, he did make a bomb threat at LAX then Goodell is the least of his concerns. He'll be seeing prison time.

If, in fact, he did make a bomb threat at LAX then Goodell is the least of his concerns. He'll be seeing prison time.
Max is a year if I heard right. I'm not sure he'll see that. I'm guessing he won't. It doesn't sound like it was a "threat" per say.

Report: Aldon Smith had 'higher-than-average' risk on draft profile

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

A nightmare year got much worse for 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith on Sunday night, when he was taken into custody at Los Angeles Airport, arrested and charged with false report of a bomb threat.

With Smith's off-field issues clearly a major, major problem, let's toss on the hindsight goggles and look at, courtesy of Fox Sports' Alex Marvez, Smith's draft profile.

While Smith's public profile looked pretty clean, Marvez reports that Smith's pre-draft profile showed that the linebacker was "a higher-than-average risk" of "getting into trouble" in the future.

"He has some past experience with getting into trouble and is a higher-than-average risk for this sort of behavior in the future," the report states.

Smith was taken seventh overall by the 49ers in the 2011 NFL Draft and has a whopping 42 sacks in three seasons since stepping on the field for San Francisco.

That's particularly impressive considering Smith missed significant time last season after an ugly driving under the influence incident that landed the linebacker in rehab.

Smith also had an issue with a felony weapons charge and at this point has more red flags flying around his off-field behavior than an Olympic procession.

According to Marvez, Smith didn't score well when it came to a SIGMA motivational testing.

"On a 10-point grading system, Smith scored a 1 for interpersonal style, receptivity to coaching and dedication," Marvez reports. "He scored a 2 for focus, affective commitment and interpersonal style."

It's not entirely fair to look back now and say that Smith was going to be a problem based on his pre-draft evaluations.

But certainly he had red flags coming into the draft and those have quite clearly come to fruition.
*paging eFactor*

My guess is he was irritated the TSA kept delaying him. He's in that long line, takes forever, has to go in the xray tube, and then he gets pulled aside for a second-level screening. Probably mouthed off to the TSA dork, got into a verbal spat with him, and then said "Yeah, sure, OK, right, I've got a bomb." Then the powertripping rent-a-cop wishes he could carry a gun at work TSA idiot pulls the red card on him to score the last point.
theres gotta be video

Users who are viewing this thread