What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (2 Viewers)

Another stud, who isnt a stud.

Studs need to perform like studs more then they dont to be considered a stud.

He sucks more than he is great. He is not even really useful.

Im in the world of fantasy now, are players useful, if they are not useful they are cut.

I dont care the name, your history or the hype. You gotta perform more than you suck, I aint trying to hope for a good game here and there from guys considered studs, I rather treat my redraft like daily. 

Also, we are heading into week 10 and Adams has 0 TDs. 0

Injuries or not, this is a stud? People need more than just being Rodgers #1 WR to be a stud anymore, cuz he is that guy and has no scores. 
Then cut him. And be done with it. And stop starting your own threads and going into other threads and talking about it. You can even tell us you cut him. I’ll give you a thumbs up emoji.

Another stud, who isnt a stud.

Studs need to perform like studs more then they dont to be considered a stud.

He sucks more than he is great. He is not even really useful.

Im in the world of fantasy now, are players useful, if they are not useful they are cut.

I dont care the name, your history or the hype. You gotta perform more than you suck, I aint trying to hope for a good game here and there from guys considered studs, I rather treat my redraft like daily. 

Also, we are heading into week 10 and Adams has 0 TDs. 0

Injuries or not, this is a stud? People need more than just being Rodgers #1 WR to be a stud anymore, cuz he is that guy and has no scores. 
I was on your side in the other thread and thought it was a good topic.... but that you just shouldn't have included these players.  But from your posts on them in their own threads, it sure looks like you created that to once again talk about those two players and go on your anti-adams, anti-allen rants.  Damn man.

I was on your side in the other thread and thought it was a good topic.... but that you just shouldn't have included these players.  But from your posts on them in their own threads, it sure looks like you created that to once again talk about those two players and go on your anti-adams, anti-allen rants.  Damn man.
I shouldnt have included the "stud" who I am cutting in the thread that gave me the idea of "studs" I am cutting? 

With all due respect, my question is clear in the first post, I just responded to the direct comments directed to me. Like I am doing to you now.

Your perception isnt reality. The reality is, I asked nothing of allen and adams and just asked who are studs you are cutting, the post is clear.

Feel free to add others to the question and the topic instead of just responding to the players I mentioned. You clearly interpreted my post your own way and not based of the words and questions asked. 

I shouldnt have included the "stud" who I am cutting in the thread that gave me the idea of "studs" I am cutting? 

With all due respect, my question is clear in the first post, I just responded to the direct comments directed to me. Like I am doing to you now.

Your perception isnt reality. The reality is, I asked nothing of allen and adams and just asked who are studs you are cutting, the post is clear.

Feel free to add others to the question and the topic instead of just responding to the players I mentioned. You clearly interpreted my post your own way and not based of the words and questions asked. 
If you read my first response in that thread, I agreed that you 'tried' to have people not talk about those 2 players.  But if that was the case, I think it would have been more effective to not include them at all.  You're giving reason for people to discuss those players even if it wasn't your intention.  

Anyways, won't hijack this thread.  Hope Adams can turn it around.... FBG has him as WR11 for the rest of the season.

Then cut him. And be done with it. And stop starting your own threads and going into other threads and talking about it. You can even tell us you cut him. I’ll give you a thumbs up emoji.
So I cant start a thread if I throw my own opinion out at the beginning? Do you know how many threads would not be started if the OP didnt now start off the thread.

This logic is bizarre.  Why is it all the people who come in here claiming I am asking for advice clearly miss the question I asked twice in the OP? You seem to not want to provide to this thread, just insult iteven thought the question is clearly asked twice. 

Did I write this in another language? Feel free to provide to the actual question in the thread instead of clicking on threads that upset you. 

Adams had the most elite floor I've ever seen last year. This year has been. Disappointing. But he is healthy now and they're making a push for a playoff bye. I have to expect better things ahead for him, provided he stays healthy. I was mostly glad to see that he started, finished, and had 9 targets. Not a great game, but I'm ready to roll to week 10.

If you read my first response in that thread, I agreed that you 'tried' to have people not talk about those 2 players.  But if that was the case, I think it would have been more effective to not include them at all.  You're giving reason for people to discuss those players even if it wasn't your intention.  

Anyways, won't hijack this thread.  Hope Adams can turn it around.... FBG has him as WR11 for the rest of the season.

Is discussing those players because no one wants to bring up others a bad thing?

Are we trying to frown on discussion? I started the thread, I mentioned those players, I am also talking Mixon.

Bring up more as I am begging everyone to so we can discuss them. 

Is discussing those players because no one wants to bring up others a bad thing?

Are we trying to frown on discussion? I started the thread, I mentioned those players, I am also talking Mixon.

Bring up more as I am begging everyone to so we can discuss them. 
We are frowning on your discussion because you are a beating to listen to.

And now you are talking about Mixon in the Adams thread. 

joffer said:
i think he showed as limited participant in practice so that comes with a Q tag.
Was he a full participant last week? If not, then nothing to get stirred over. OTOH, if he was full last week...

(Pretty sure he wasn't, but too lazy to check.)

Davante Adams (toe) remained limited at Thursday's practice.

Adams showed no ill effects in his return from turf toe last week, seeing the field on 42 of Green Bay's 50 offensive snaps while drawing a team-high 11 targets in a loss to the Chargers. He'll be employable as a WR1 Sunday when the Packers host the Panthers at Lambeau.

SOURCE: packers.com

Nov 7, 2019, 5:06 PM ET

Davante Adams (toe) was limited in practice Wednesday.

This can very likely be filed in the "Who cares?" folder since he's played in two games with the ailment. Adams was targeted 11 and 10 times in those contests but has oddly been kept out of the end zone this season. The low-end WR1 has a difficult road date with the Niners on Sunday, assuming he isn't downgraded on Thursday or Friday.

SOURCE: Packers.com

Nov 20, 2019, 6:52 PM ET

Cant wait, I'm excited for another 5 or 6 point week to continue his stellar waste of a season.
I read in another thread that because his names in Adams, that the TDs will come. So lets just wait it out.

Its Week 12, he has 0 TDs and his name is Adams, so lets hope they come soon.

That being said, people benching him against SF if you own him? In all seriousness, is it the job of the coaching staff to make sure you put your players in the best positions to score. Are we in a world of sport where we dont feed out best players with the intent to score anymore? Is building confidence not a thing that helps? 

Sometimes you make sure a player gets in the endzone, shoot run one of those little shovels instead of handing off to your RB for 4 TDs. 

Point, gets ur best player a TD. People hyping up this coach, yet he is so good he cant find a way to get his best WR who caught 100+ passes and 13 TDs last year in the EZ. I think they are winning in spite of him, not because of him...and the refs have helped too. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait, I'm excited for another 5 or 6 point week to continue his stellar waste of a season.
I tried to sell him for what I could last week and the trade was vetoed.because they felt that wentz and Adam's were "studs." Adams has been a stud in the past but this season is incomplete disaster and his toe is a major problem IMO. I stand by that at the end of the season I would have done better with the guys I was trading with that not. That's what happens when you play with a bunch of clowns I guess. lesson learned 

I tried to sell him for what I could last week and the trade was vetoed.because they felt that wentz and Adam's were "studs." Adams has been a stud in the past but this season is incomplete disaster and his toe is a major problem IMO. I stand by that at the end of the season I would have done better with the guys I was trading with that not. That's what happens when you play with a bunch of clowns I guess. lesson learned 
What was the trade?

I read in another thread that because his names in Adams, that the TDs will come. So lets just wait it out.

Its Week 12, he has 0 TDs and his name is Adams, so lets hope they come soon.

That being said, people benching him against SF if you own him? In all seriousness, is it the job of the coaching staff to make sure you put your players in the best positions to score. Are we in a world of sport where we dont feed out best players with the intent to score anymore? Is building confidence not a thing that helps? 

Sometimes you make sure a player gets in the endzone, shoot run one of those little shovels instead of handing off to your RB for 4 TDs. 

Point, gets ur best player a TD. People hyping up this coach, yet he is so good he cant find a way to get his best WR who caught 100+ passes and 13 TDs last year in the EZ. I think they are winning in spite of him, not because of him...and the refs have helped too. 😉
Def not benching him. To be fair, I don’t have any realistic options but i doubt anyone really should be going the benching route. 21 targets from Aaron Rodgers the last 2 weeks. No reason to think high target volume won’t continue.

Def not benching him. To be fair, I don’t have any realistic options but i doubt anyone really should be going the benching route. 21 targets from Aaron Rodgers the last 2 weeks. No reason to think high target volume won’t continue.
Id be happy to see 6/70/1, the point is the team has to get him in the EZ. 

Shouldn't you just cut him?...Him being a "Big Name" receiver thats not producing, and all...
Ok, why would one roster a player who isnt scoring in the game where the point is to score other than his name being Adams?

Also, I did cut him before the bye in the TD league I owned him, not in the PPR.

To be blunt, if you still roster him in a TD league, you are the one who needs to be questioned. In PPR, no he isnt cuttable, but if you did, I sure people have their reasons. But when people ask questions, If a guy is hyping on a bout TDs, it seems it would be easy to see TDs matter to that owner in owning him without talking about my league, which is one of the 9 million things people frown upon here. 

People in here question if he can perform against old Sherman. Adams at his best should eat Sherman alive. But now, everyone knows, Adams is not Adams this year.

I'm an Adams owner myself, I've managed to survive the lack of TD's and the toe injury due to good drafting elsewhere.  Actually have a 9-2 record and am 3rd highest scoring team. I'm struggling with confidence to start Adams this week, as well as Cooper Kupp. Both of their matchups are not good at all. I think with Adams, it may come down to how well the OL can hold up to protect Rodgers. Seems like someone on the line is hurt every week. I have the likes of Allen Robinson and Jamison Crowder in far better situations. Would it be too big a risk to take to sit Adams and Kupp (another rough matchup) for a Robinson/Crowder duo? 

Until a team can stop their RBs I suspect more of the same. That said, I’m starting Adams in 2 leagues and Rodgers in one. 

Until a team can stop their RBs I suspect more of the same. That said, I’m starting Adams in 2 leagues and Rodgers in one. 
Who is your other QB that you would play a guy who scored less then 20 points in 6pt TD leagues in 6 of his 10 games? 1 TD or less 5 times. Thats half, thats not good. Thats waiver wire fodder. Now, his schedule is sweet after this week but who else could you play this week? 

Who is your other QB that you would play a guy who scored less then 20 points in 6pt TD leagues in 6 of his 10 games? 1 TD or less 5 times. Thats half, thats not good. Thats waiver wire fodder. Now, his schedule is sweet after this week but who else could you play this week? 
Murray the Kid on a bye.

Davante Adams (toe) wasn't listed on the Packers' final injury report.

Adams trails only Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs and Amari Cooper in yards per route run this season (PFF). Aaron Rodgers' No. 1 WR has at least eight targets in five of his six games. Overall, only Robert Woods (71 targets) and Mike Williams (62) have more targets than Adams (57) without a receiving touchdown through 11 weeks. The likelihood of Adams being closer to full health after their Week 11 bye, the confirmation that he's been as efficient as ever on a per-route basis, along with the reality that the 49ers don't ask their CBs to travel with specific receivers means you can treat Adams as a top-five option at the position in this spot.

Nov 22, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

So he is removed from the report? So the injury that kept him out for the past 2 days limited is all better now? I mean he shouldnt be on a pitch count if he isnt injured anymore, right? He should practice in full next week then, right? Things that we cant be sure of witht he NFLs injury report.

5/57/0 is my guess on 8 targets.

Another game where Rodgers will not involve him at times when it matters. The closer it gets, the more I think Rodgers is done as an elite QB with his arm and more game manager. I think he is worried about throwing picks more than he is confident he can make throws. Why he audibles to runs and hands off at the GL more than we have ever seen him do. I recall a few weeks ago where they threw 3 straight plays and they didnt score. I think that shot Rodgers confidence. Yes, I think that made Rodgers scared. What evidence do you have he isnt? We have not seen him score at GL in quite some time. Hence why we see all the TDs from Jones. 

I remember one play where he looked like he was sure anything he would do would work and that was that one toss up ball to Williams in the corner against the chiefs. Other than that play, he has look like he lacks the confidence in his arm. Are the clavicle injuries getting to him? 

Rodgers 17 TDs

Jones 14 TDs

Adams 0 TDs

Rodgers has lost a step and its hurting Adams. Its why I cut him in a TD league. Either that or Rodgers just hates Adams. Jones gets 2 more as Rodgers gets cold feet in the RZ and Rodgers throws for one to Williams on a short dump off. Adams will be lucky to get 10 targets. Notice since the league changed the rule on jumping offsides, Rodgers isnt Rodgers anymore. 

No, going to have to disagree. They are not random, they are the object of the game. 

Are the random for CMac are they random for Thomas? When a team wants good players in the EZ, they can finds ways to do so. 

Its random for the Packers to keep handing off at the GL? No, Rodgers literally audibles to runs. 
OK. Disagree with math all you want.   :shrug:

Touchdowns is random.  Yards per route is predictive. 

No, going to have to disagree. They are not random, they are the object of the game. 

Are the random for CMac are they random for Thomas? When a team wants good players in the EZ, they can finds ways to do so. 

Its random for the Packers to keep handing off at the GL? No, Rodgers literally audibles to runs. 

OK. Disagree with math all you want.   :shrug:
So this awesome yards per route has done what this year. Please let us all know, because we all see a big fat nothing from him in production this year. Hence a dumb stat.

So this awesome yards per route has done what this year. Please let us all know, because we all see a big fat nothing from him in production this year. Hence a dumb stat.
Yards per route isn't really the best, but it's better than just looking at touchdowns.  Touchdowns are not very predictive of future touchdowns, especially spanning seasons.   Since we are trying to figure out who is going to score points next week, you want to look at more predictive indicators than touchdowns scored in the past. 

Air yards is similar to yards per route, it measures how far a WR is downfield on their targets.  You can follow that a player who is getting deeper targets is more likely to score fantasy points than a player getting targets near the LOS, and more likely to score touchdowns too. Basically air yards helps to show how many opportunities a WR has to produce, and what the quality of those opportunities is in terms of expected fantasy points scored. 

It's more complicated and interesting than I said.  Check out airyards.com for more depth and some other cool analytics stuff. 

I get 6 points for TDs. I dont get anything for yards per route. I get 1 point for a catch and 1 point for 10 yards. 

Also, its a useless pointless stat thats like Wins over Replacement. 

Yards per route isn't really the best, but it's better than just looking at touchdowns.  Touchdowns are not very predictive of future touchdowns, especially spanning seasons.   Since we are trying to figure out who is going to score points next week, you want to look at more predictive indicators than touchdowns scored in the past. 

Air yards is similar to yards per route, it measures how far a WR is downfield on their targets.  You can follow that a player who is getting deeper targets is more likely to score fantasy points than a player getting targets near the LOS, and more likely to score touchdowns too. Basically air yards helps to show how many opportunities a WR has to produce, and what the quality of those opportunities is in terms of expected fantasy points scored. 

It's more complicated and interesting than I said.  Check out airyards.com for more depth and some other cool analytics stuff. 
Some analytics mean nothing in fantasy football. Your player gets points or they dont. 

Matchups matter, nothing else. Keep fantasy football simple. You can play John Brown against the Dolphins last week and blow up, why? The Dolphins,not air yards and yards per route. 

Dak is arguably one of the best QBs statistically in the league, how many are playing him today? Very few, why? Weather and Matchups, not air yards or other stats. 

Some analytics mean nothing in fantasy football. Your player gets points or they dont. 

Matchups matter, nothing else. Keep fantasy football simple. You can play John Brown against the Dolphins last week and blow up, why? The Dolphins,not air yards and yards per route. 

Dak is arguably one of the best QBs statistically in the league, how many are playing him today? Very few, why? Weather and Matchups, not air yards or other stats. 
This is a laughable take from a mathematical point of view, and you're way over simplifying. 

We all play our own way though. Keep chasing points.  Carry on and good luck. 

All that matters is whether the stocks I invested in go up or not.  What's the point of all these analytics intended to predict that and improve my likelihood of picking the right stocks?

All that matters is whether it rains on my picnic tomorrow or not.  What's the point of all these analytics that improve our ability to predict the weather?

All that matters is if my player scores a TD or not.  What's the point of all these analytics that help me predict which players are more likely to do so?

Are we really still having this conversation this far into the 21st century?

Davante Adams caught 7-of-12 targets for 43 yards and a touchdown in Week 12 against the 49ers.

He also caught a two-point conversion. The touchdown was Adams’s first since returning in Week 9. Adams had a 39 percent target share but was held in check by Richard Sherman most of the night. It was still a solid game in a tough road matchup. Adams will be one of the top receivers play against the Giants in Week 13.

Nov 24, 2019, 11:47 PM ET

Davante Adams caught 6-of-10 targets for 64 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' Week 13 win over the Giants.

Adams first touchdown featured him find an open area in the Giants’ zone coverage before dragging a defender into the end zone. The second came on a free play from 17 yards out when Aaron Rodgers got the snap off before the Giants could get their extra defender off the field. Adams now has three touchdowns in his last two games after his prolonged scoreless drought to start the season. He’s scored or surpassed 100 yards in 5-of-8 games this season. Continue to treat the Packers’ undisputed No. 1 pass-game option as a locked-in WR1 ahead of next week’s smash spot against the Redskins.

Davante Adams caught 4-of-6 targets for 41 yards in Week 14 against Washington.

It was a quiet day for Adams, who finished behind Aaron Jones (7) in targets. There wasn't much he could do in a game Aaron Rodgers threw for only 195 yards. This breaks a streak of three straight games with at least 60 yards or a touchdown for Adams. Chicago presents a tough Week 15 matchup, but Adams is still a locked-in WR1.

Davante Adams (toe) was downgraded to "limited" in Thursday's practice.

It's worth passing along but is hardly something to panic about. Adams got in three limited sessions in Week 13. He was "full" for Week 14. There has been zero indication Adams is in danger of missing Sunday's game against the Bears.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:40 PM ET

Davante Adams (toe) wasn't listed on the Packers' final injury report.

The Bears defense limited Adams to a pedestrian 4-36-0 line in Week 1. The Packers' undisputed No. 1 pass-game option is also coming off a disappointing 4-41-0 performance on just six targets in Week 14. Still, the Bears also haven't exactly been a defense to fear when it comes to No. 1 WRs. The likes of Kenny Golladay (4-158-1), Michael Thomas (9-131-0), Stefon Diggs (7-108-0), Emmanuel Sanders (11-98-1) and most recently Amari Cooper (6-83-1) all managed to pop off against this (still solid) defense. Continue to fire up Adams as a no-doubt WR1.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread