Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Davante Adams - Packers WR, Dynasty & Redraft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never noticed this before but jeez what a condescending ##### this guy is.

Wish it felt a jillion times better. Then he might play.

Yes, that is just you.

3 minutes ago, ATB said:

I would be concerned with limited snaps or him playing decoy out there. He doesn't sound fully healthy despite today's injury report. 

While possible, GB is usually ultra-cautious with regards to injured players.  It would be unlike them to clear a player only to have him act as a decoy or be limited.

What are you hearing that makes him sound not fully healthy?  Are there other reports today that aren’t on the thread?

48 minutes ago, ATB said:

I would be concerned with limited snaps or him playing decoy out there. He doesn't sound fully healthy despite today's injury report. 

I wouldn't...the Packers don't seem to have a history of doing that...and Adams himself this week was saying that he wouldn't go out if he wasn't able to play.

Davante Adams (ankle) is on the same limited practice plan he was on in Week 11 and appears likely to play this week against the Bears. 

Adams' ankle injury didn't hold him back last week against the Colts. He torched Indy's secondary for seven catches, 106 yards and a touchdown. He could be limited at practice throughout the week and still suit up against Chicago. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Nov 26, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

• 4 weeks later...

Davante Adams caught 7-of-10 targets for 42 yards in the Packers' Week 15 win over the Panthers.

This is a stunningly low yardage total on 10 targets for a player of Adams' caliber, but two drops and the Packers leading 21-3 at halftime certainly played a factor. For comparison, Adams produced 115 yards on 10 targets in Week 14. The Panthers' leaky secondary did a fantastic job against the Packers' passing game and quickly made tackles to prevent yards after catch opportunities. Plus, Aaron Rodgers completed just two passes that traveled more than 10 yards in the air on Saturday night. The timing is not great, but continue to trust Adams as a WR1 for the final two weeks of the season.

Dec 19, 2020, 11:40 PM ET

13 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Ironic - as most Jones owners were likely out after the last 2 weeks. Then he goes off tonight. Meanwhile - Rodgers and Adams owners were likely in many semi’s only to lay an egg. You never know in the playoffs. 

So true. Going up against the Henry owner so needed Davante to light it up tonight. Bad timing. 

10 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Ironic - as most Jones owners were likely out after the last 2 weeks. Then he goes off tonight. Meanwhile - Rodgers and Adams owners were likely in many semi’s only to lay an egg. You never know in the playoffs. 

I’m in two semifinals and have Adams in both. Ironically I faced Rodgers and Jones in both games. 

Adams and Rodgers have been on a ridiculous run. This was the most overdue statistical negative regression of the year. You can't expect blow up game after blowup game for weeks/months. 

And still, Rodgers throws on the one yard line instead of running. Rodgers game should have been even worse.

This guy was a stud this year.  Carried my team to the best record,  most points scored, #1 seed, and first round bye.

Then he has his worst game of the year (except for the game he got hurt) at the worst time for me.

Damn.  Live by the sword, die by the sword, I guess.

Davante Adams caught 11-of-12 targets for 142 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers' Week 16 win over the Titans.

The three touchdowns tied a career high Adams set in Week 8. Adams scored his first touchdown on a screen pass where he dove into end-zone on the Packers’ opening drive. His second TD was a back-shoulder throw from Aaron Rodgers, and he added a short red-zone score in the third quarter. Adams is averaging 102.2 yards per game and has at least seven catches in four straight weeks. He'll remain a top-five option for a Week 17 matchup with Chicago.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:24 PM ET

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Davante Adams caught 9-of-10 targets for 66 yards and a touchdown in Green Bay's Divisional Round win against the Rams.

WR-CB pundits assumed Jalen Ramsey would shadow Adams throughout the afternoon, but the former opened the game as a zone corner and was only asked to cover Adams on 8-of-16 routes in the first half. Coach Matt LaFleur ultimately got the best of the matchup, motioning Adams across the line of scrimmage pre-snap to free him for a one-yard score after S Nick Scott took a false step forward and got in Ramsey's way mid-chase. Adams' longest gain was a 21-yard catch on the ensuing play after Jared Goff hit rookie Van Jefferson for a four-yard score. Whether it's the Buccaneers or Saints which travel to Lambeau in the Conference Championship round, Adams will rank as the No. 1 receiver for any two-game DFS slates.

Jan 16, 2021, 7:52 PM ET

Davante Adams caught 9-of-15 targets for 67 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' NFC Championship Game loss to the Bucs. 

It was a day of frustration of Adams, who should have scored multiple touchdowns but could not get on the same page with Aaron Rodgers near the goal line. It was a disappointing postseason for the Packers' beastly No. 1 wideout, as he turned 18 receptions into just 133 yards (7.38 YPC). It still doesn't take away from a monster regular campaign where Adams set a new career high for catches (115) despite missing two games. His 1,374 yards tied for fifth in the NFL, while his 18 receiving scores were the most by a wideout since Randy Moss' 23 in 2007. Adams' mindmeld with Aaron Rodgers can't be defensed. Now he just needs Rodgers to return to Green Bay for 2021. Rodgers was sounding philosophical following the Packers' title game loss. 

Jan 24, 2021, 7:34 PM ET